Details of upcoming Disney Magic changes

Doobie31

We were at yesterday's media event to announce all the changes to the Disney Magic. We've detailed them here along with a lot of video and concept art:

http://www.laughingplace.com/lotion-view-1444.asp

The upgraded ship has its debut on the October 20 sailing out of Miami. The AquaDunk water slide is the most visible changes, but there are dozens of others. A really incredible makeover for Disney's original ship.

Doobie.

We were at yesterday's media event to announce all the changes to the Disney Magic. We've detailed them here along with a lot of video and concept art:

http://www.laughingplace.com/lotion-view-1444.asp

Doobie.

Thanks for the awesome report/update! I wasn't considering sailing on the Magic, but I'm rethinking that....

Tralfie/Richard

• 1 month later...

We are booked on the Magic for February and can't wait to see the new "Magic" updates. We love the older ships because they are smaller, not as many people, and more convenient. We have been on the Dream, it was nice, but too big for us. Can't wait for our next cruise.:)

The amount of changes that can be made, no matter what ship, nor cruise line even having been part of the Magic's dry dock '03, still astounds me!

It's testament to the ships crew and vendors to all of the work, sweat and tears they put in to achieve so many things, and some people need to realise that when booking a cruise right after a regular dry dock, not all may be working and perfect despite every effort being made by the crew.

I hope DCL release some footage of the Disney Magic makeover she will get in Cadiz!

But a friend sent me this one of the Crystal Symphony's that I hope most will enjoy even though she isn't a DCL ship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xtvRaVhgoLw

We are booked on the Magic for February and can't wait to see the new "Magic" updates. We love the older ships because they are smaller, not as many people, and more convenient. We have been on the Dream, it was nice, but too big for us. Can't wait for our next cruise.:)

Another vote for the "classic" ships. While the Fantasy was amazing and totally hi tech and beautiful, we prefer the Magic. I'm sure she'll be even more special after the dry dock--we've seen many alterations since 1998.

Unless you have specifically seen an announcement that something is not a part of the plans, I wouldn't count out anything. DCL typically announces things in stages, always keeping a surprise or two in their back pockets. While they have let us in on may of the details of the planned dry dock, I doubt that we've seen everything at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah buddy!

Still hoping for ON DEMAND movies like the Fantasy and Dream have!

You and me, both! I can't tell you how many times we have watched parts of movies onboard the Magic but never caught the beginning, even after checking the start time because whenever we had a block of time to just watch, it was always in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving all the videos and updates. Thanks for posting the links!

I'm curious, has anyone heard if the "Magical Portholes" will be coming to the inside cabins on DISNEY MAGIC?

Thanks!

Ernie

Loving all the videos and updates. Thanks for posting the links!

I'm curious, has anyone heard if the "Magical Portholes" will be coming to the inside cabins on DISNEY MAGIC?

Thanks!

Ernie

They are putting in the wiring for the virtual portholes, but not installing them in the yard.

They are putting in the wiring for the virtual portholes' date=' but not installing them in the yard.[/quote']

Thanks. So the capability will be there, but perhaps the actual Magical Portholes will not arrive until a later date.

If I knew MAGIC would have them, I would have no problem booking an inside cabin. Without them I will probably book something else.

Yes, there is a HUGE following among us 20s-30s for these Super Heros. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the adult clubs! haha! Shimmy with Captain America teehee. jk But yeah, they could definitely have some Jedis walking around and some super heros, and with the classics like Peter Pan and the princesses, it would be like being IN the movies...

Awesome awesome.

Archived