Just off Explorer thus morning - Excellent cruise!!!!

In our car driving home. Hope to post a review sometime this week. It was our first time on the ship and I would definitely go again. Really wonderful group of workers on this ship!

Yes, Explorer has an outstanding crew. Glad you had a great time and looking forward to your review.

He was our asst. waiter in the MDR and often was up at the Windjammer for breakfast or lunch as the "Washee, Washee guy " at the main entrance. What fun he was!:)

Yes, saw him every almost every time we entered Windjammer.

He was our asst. waiter in the MDR and often was up at the Windjammer for breakfast or lunch as the "Washee, Washee guy " at the main entrance. What fun he was!:)

We were on Explorer a couple of weeks ago and certainly remember the Wahshee, Washee guy!

It's crew members like that who make the cruise memorable!

We board the Explorer for our first RCCL cruise ever in about 19 days. I love hearing "Excellent Cruise"

Hopefully -if the wifi doesn't frustrate me totally - I will live blog staring on May 15 when we fly out of SF.

But I can't wait to hear about your cruise in the meanwhile. It's time for me to get seriously revved up:D

We board the Explorer for our first RCCL cruise ever in about 19 days. I love hearing "Excellent Cruise"

Hopefully -if the wifi doesn't frustrate me totally

Yes, our cruise was "excellent," but the internet was dreadful.

Back home, unpacked, got groceries and then I had to make my own lunch:eek:

In answer to your questions: yes, the washee, washee guy is still there - I did not know his name. He was so funny, always cheerful.

Can't tell you about Wi-Fi. I was electronics free for 9 days and was in severe withdrawal!

Going to start uploading photos while I do the mounds of laundry.

I love Explorer too, and agree that it has an awesome crew. The activities staff is wonderful too, especially the CD Leigh Xuereb - they really make a difference in the fun factor and energy level onboard.

Anxiously awaiting your review. We're booked on the 5 night Bermuda cruise in June. I haven't been on a RCCL ship since the year the Navigator set sail. At that time, there wasn't an extra charge for Johnny Rockets, although there was for milkshakes & sodas. I'm curious as to what 'new' unexpected expenses we may see. Just want to know so it's not a total surprise.

Also, we plan to park at the cruise terminal - good idea or bad? I've heard some delays occur if parking at off-site parking lots.

Thanks to all who reply!

Anxiously awaiting your review. We're booked on the 5 night Bermuda cruise in June. I haven't been on a RCCL ship since the year the Navigator set sail. At that time, there wasn't an extra charge for Johnny Rockets, although there was for milkshakes & sodas. I'm curious as to what 'new' unexpected expenses we may see. Just want to know so it's not a total surprise.

Also, we plan to park at the cruise terminal - good idea or bad? I've heard some delays occur if parking at off-site parking lots.

Thanks to all who reply!

We thought that parking at the terminal was a great idea! Very easy, convenient and safe. We wouldn't do it any other way!

Hopefully -if the wifi doesn't frustrate me totally - I will live blog staring on May 15 when we fly out of SF.

But I can't wait to hear about your cruise in the meanwhile. It's time for me to get seriously revved up:D

Did you two and the bears sign up for the mix and mingle. We are going to be on the same cruise.

In our car driving home. Hope to post a review sometime this week. It was our first time on the ship and I would definitely go again. Really wonderful group of workers on this ship!

They are the best. We love the Explorer

Thanks to all who reply!

Gratuities are automatically added to your SeaPass account daily in the amount of $12 per person.

Thanks to all who reply!

Five nights is a really short cruise. IMO it's not worth it to park offsite.

There are lots of opportunities to spend extra money, but none of them are truly necessary. Johnny Rockets is extra, but the MDR may have good hamburgers and fries when they are open on sea days. There is a lot of fancy coffee and Ben & Jerry's ice cream, but you can get ice cream at lunch and dinner in the MDR. There is frozen yogurt on deck 11. Coffee is a personal choice, but there is plenty of free coffee on the ship. Portofinos is extra for dining. A nice experience and good value, but also not necessary on such a short cruise.

Thanks to all who reply!

We parked at the terminal. My husband dropped me off with the luggage and parked and paid.

This morning we got off the ship at 8:30 and were pulling out of the lot at 9:00.

We have been the Explorer 5 times now.....all 9 nighters....

There is nothing better than leaving your home by car at 9:30am, and being on the ship before noon.....

The Quantum, well, we shall see....may have to start flying to Florida again or start cruising from NYC.....I don't care for Baltimore's Itins.....

Never had a complaint with the Explorer...

The Washee Washee...he's been at this for a year that I am aware of, he is funny but get's a little annoying after a while....especially before my morning coffee....

We have been the Explorer 5 times now.....all 9 nighters....

There is nothing better than leaving your home by car at 9:30am, and being on the ship before noon.....

The Quantum, well, we shall see....may have to start flying to Florida again or start cruising from NYC.....I don't care for Baltimore's Itins.....

Never had a complaint with the Explorer...

The Washee Washee...he's been at this for a year that I am aware of, he is funny but get's a little annoying after a while....especially before my morning coffee....

Yes MR Washee Washee was on our 2/1/13 cruise,always happy.I have to agree with you on Quantum,sounds like a Disney ship.

Archived