So tell me about your aft wrap, please!

Cyber Kat

We have our first aft wrap booked on the Splendor and I am so looking forward to it! We have one of the ones on deck 6 and we saw the YouTube videos and that's what sold us!

I like the different room layout with the extra window and that balcony with the lounge chairs - OMG!

So if you've had either of the 2 deck 6 aft wraps on the Splendor, I'd love to hear from you. What did you do? How did you enjoy them? And I'd love to hear any other aft wrap stories, as well!

Is there and Aft Wrap Club to join :D

I have had aft-wraps on the Miracle, deck 4, 4237. The balcony is amazing. I usually host a cocktail party upon embarkation for 20 or more peeps. I've even slept out there in one of the lounge chairs. When you get tired of the CHOGS, it's so nice to grab a bucket of beer and go to your own private balcony.

I have had aft-wraps on the Miracle, deck 4, 4237. The balcony is amazing. I usually host a cocktail party upon embarkation for 20 or more peeps. I've even slept out there in one of the lounge chairs. When you get tired of the CHOGS, it's so nice to grab a bucket of beer and go to your own private balcony.

I've heard the aft wraps on the Spirit class are really amazing! Is it true they are really 2 room suites?

I think not dealing with CHOGS is going to be a BIG advantage! Quick trip up to deck 9 for the aft pool - maybe grab a drink on the way back to our own private lounge chairs!

I've heard the aft wraps on the Spirit class are really amazing! Is it true they are really 2 room suites?

I think not dealing with CHOGS is going to be a BIG advantage! Quick trip up to deck 9 for the aft pool - maybe grab a drink on the way back to our own private lounge chairs!

Most are...but not all.

Deck 4 aft wrap on the Spirit Class are best cabins in the fleet, IMHO. ;)

We have our first aft wrap booked on the Splendor and I am so looking forward to it! We have one of the ones on deck 6 and we saw the YouTube videos and that's what sold us!

I like the different room layout with the extra window and that balcony with the lounge chairs - OMG!

So if you've had either of the 2 deck 6 aft wraps on the Splendor, I'd love to hear from you. What did you do? How did you enjoy them? And I'd love to hear any other aft wrap stories, as well!

We were in 6450 - in 2008.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures!

Most are...but not all.

We were in 8268 on both the Miracle and Spirit...so 7 times. LOVE LOVE LOVE that cabin...the different rooms, I could run up and down the stairs to Lido...never had ONE PROBLEM with soot, noise, etc. Kath, even tho the actual cabins are different on Splendor, those balconies are the same and just awesome. I know you have seen lots of pictures of them but until you actually step out there...:eek::D;)

There is nothing like an aft wrap - but, once you go aft it's hard to go back! ;)

Cruise line rooms dot com has a couple of good pictures of the cabin for 6450.

Here are a couple I took of the balcony.

Enjoy!!

Thanks - looks awesome! I always see the lounge chairs facing along the wall. Is that the only way they fit or is it to catch some shade? I'm thinking there is not a lot of shade out there, so I'm packing plenty of sunscreen. I also saw a small umbrella that fastens on to a chair - might have to get that!

They ARE 2 room suites! Except for deck 5, which is just one big room. The best thing about deck 4 is that there is an overhang and the glass partition is barely cantilevered so lots more floor space. I agree that the Spirit class wraps are the best in the fleet!

Most are...but not all.

That's good to know for the next time I'm on a Spirit Class - love the Miracle and the Legend! Might try the Pride out of Baltimore one of these days!

Thanks - looks awesome! I always see the lounge chairs facing along the wall. Is that the only way they fit or is it to catch some shade? I'm thinking there is not a lot of shade out there, so I'm packing plenty of sunscreen. I also saw a small umbrella that fastens on to a chair - might have to get that!

Kinda both!

The balcony is not deep enough to face them out toward the water - but we moved them all over the place sometimes for shade - but mostly for sun! ;)

There is nothing like an aft wrap - but, once you go aft it's hard to go back! ;)

Cruise line rooms dot com has a couple of good pictures of the cabin for 6450.

Here are a couple I took of the balcony.

Enjoy!!

We didn't have those "poles" on our balcony on the Spirit or Miracle. So had a bit more "toe room." :p DH would always put his lounge chair over in the "smaller part" of the aft and he could face the ocean full on kind of. This cruise on the Splendor we booked the L shaped cabin with the extended balcony right next to the aft wrap, so hoping we have a nice view. One of the best things about an aft wrap, IMO, is that you can see both aft and "sideways." Yes, Kath, you are going to be spoiled forever! :cool:

We didn't have those "poles" on our balcony on the Spirit or Miracle. So had a bit more "toe room." :p DH would always put his lounge chair over in the "smaller part" of the aft and he could face the ocean full on kind of. This cruise on the Splendor we booked the L shaped cabin with the extended balcony right next to the aft wrap, so hoping we have a nice view. One of the best things about an aft wrap, IMO, is that you can see both aft and "sideways." Yes, Kath, you are going to be spoiled forever! :cool:

Let me know how you like that one. I've heard the room configuration is different also.

I think the view is what I am going to like best! I always love standing on the back of the ship and just watching the wake. Now I can do it from a chair!

We're planning on ordering room service for lunch a couple of times. I think it will be really nice not to have to wait in line for food. I like the food coming to me :D

Kat, Where did you see the chair umbrella? I want one too.

Thanks, Karen

We were in 8268 on both the Miracle and Spirit...so 7 times. LOVE LOVE LOVE that cabin...the different rooms, I could run up and down the stairs to Lido...never had ONE PROBLEM with soot, noise, etc. Kath, even tho the actual cabins are different on Splendor, those balconies are the same and just awesome. I know you have seen lots of pictures of them but until you actually step out there...:eek::D;)

Yay! I wanted more info about that cabin!!!

Yay! I wanted more info about that cabin!!!

It's a great cabin and as I said, we never ever had a problem with soot, cig butts, noise...things I have seen discussed on the board for years as a downside of booking the aft under Lido. Now, of course, the Serenity area is above you on the Miracle after the upgrade/dry dock so even less likely to encounter any "problems." I just love to walk up the stairs early in the morning and load a tray with coffee and danish and come down and sit on my balcony to watch the sun rise. No need to wait for room service...and it's also nice if you are on Lido eating or at the pool and you forgot something, or just want to check on something in the cabin...take a bathroom break :eek::o whatever, just walk down the stairs. The cabin is just amazing with the different "rooms." I can sit in the "living room" in the morning and watch the news on the tv without waking up DH...:) I guess the downside is you don't have too much shade, but that is why they invented sun screen!

Thanks, Karen

CVS - $8.99! It has a clamp to clamp it on to the back or the arm. And it looks like it will snug in nicely next to the tube things from the handle in my suitcase!

We'd had both the deck 6 aft wraps on the Splendor. We actually had a pretty bad problem with noise from the lounge below - which seems to be pretty common with deck 6 aft cabins. We could hear the music until about midnight very night. We're night owls, so it didn't bother us too much, but if you'd early sleepers I'd pack some ear plugs.

We do love the small hallway the wrap shares with the L shaped cabin. It really helps keep out hallway noise. Since there's not much noise all the way back there to begin with, we found the cabins to be extremely quiet from this perspective - as long as your neighbors aren't noisy, of course.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have had 4237 for us and 4239 for the kids twice on the Legend and Pride and they are truly special cabins. You have a small sitting area, a very nice closet and vanity area, good sized bedroom and bathroom with 2 sinks and jetted bath. We had no difficulty with facing the lounge chairs facing aft. There is more motion but it did not bother us. There is a slight overhang so you do have privacy and protection. Absolutely no wind on the back but it does get windy on the side. Best view on the whole ship. You will love it for the veranda even if the cabin is not quite as large as on the Spirit class.

Thanks, Karen

Karen, I see you live in CO so this may not be helpful to you, but for anyone on the east coast, I just checked the Rite Aid circular for this week's sales and they have a "clamp on" umbrella on sale for $3.99. I remember having these at my parent's house at the shore...we would have the light weight beach chairs and put the umbrella on the arm of the empty chair and it would tip the chair over! :D:eek::D Fun times!!! ;)

I am a wrap lover also, I have had the Legend the Pride which both were awesome and the best, I have the wrap on the 7th floor for Splendor in Juy, i have had The glory and Valor wrap which was just as nice but not as big as the spirit and now I get the poor man wrap on the Dream and the Breeze which is on the 9th floor but I get it for a back to back, and its a cat D so no price tag, those ones are very narrow, but longer and I still love them. We bring take out containers with us and bring our food down to the room .

We'd had both the deck 6 aft wraps on the Splendor. We actually had a pretty bad problem with noise from the lounge below - which seems to be pretty common with deck 6 aft cabins. We could hear the music until about midnight very night. We're night owls, so it didn't bother us too much, but if you'd early sleepers I'd pack some ear plugs.

We do love the small hallway the wrap shares with the L shaped cabin. It really helps keep out hallway noise. Since there's not much noise all the way back there to begin with, we found the cabins to be extremely quiet from this perspective - as long as your neighbors aren't noisy, of course.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Was concerned about the noise on 6!:(

I am a wrap lover also, I have had the Legend the Pride which both were awesome and the best, I have the wrap on the 7th floor for Splendor in Juy, i have had The glory and Valor wrap which was just as nice but not as big as the spirit and now I get the poor man wrap on the Dream and the Breeze which is on the 9th floor but I get it for a back to back, and its a cat D so no price tag, those ones are very narrow, but longer and I still love them. We bring take out containers with us and bring our food down to the room .
We too have a wrap on 7 booked for October and can't wait!:cool::D:)

I always think I know everything and I am constantly surprised...take out containers. Now that is genius! I forgot that we were on Legend and in cabin 8268, so that makes 8x in that awesome cabin....:):) We had aft wrap 7459 on the Dream. She sailed twice from Manhattan before repositioning to FL so we booked her. We were so shocked when we saw the size and configuration of the cabin since we were so used to the spacious cabins on spirit class. Balcony was nice but we cruised in November, so didn't use it as much. It was a good experience tho! What do you mean by "poor man wrap?"

Hi, Kath,

We have an aft-wrap, booked on the Miracle, 15 day's to Hawaii, in Sept. Like you we can't wait. It does have two room's, for us it will work perfectly, as i am an early riser, DW,loves to sleep, till the crack,of noon. :eek: LOL .

I found this video, of Cabin, 4237, on the Miracle, enjoy, and enjoy your up-coming cruise. :)

Vic

Archived