Chihuly gardens before embarkation in Seattle?

gladgirl

Our ship leaves at 4pm. Chihuly gardens opens at 11am. We get into Seattle the night before.

Are we cutting it too close to explore Pike Place Market in AM, be at Chihuly when it opens and be back at pier by 1:30?

You will get more responses if you repost you question in the West Coast board. That said:

It would not be feasible if you plan on walking between them. I don't know how often the monorail runs, but it goes from downtown Seattle to Seattle Center. You may still want a taxi back so you could go right to the Pier. The monorail runs from Westlake Center which is a bit of a hike (downhill though) from the Pier. Should be able to spend a good 90+ min at the Gardens though.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

where are you staying? and which pier ? what about your luggage?

The Market is on 1st and Pike, so it's only 4 blocks to reach the Monorail station at Westlake Center on 5th. The train leaves every 10 minutes and only takes 2-3 minutes to reach the Seattle Center.

If you're running short of time at Chihuly, you can always catch a taxi to whichever pier. I absolutely LOVED Chihuly .. the outdoor 'garden' especially took my breath away...it's so well done. If I remember correctly there were 3 distinct areas of his work. You can breeze thru in 1 hr but 2 is more comfortable.

BTW, the Market doesn't officially open until 9 but get there earlier to watch the farmers and craftspeople set up their stalls.

Where are you flying in from?

Last year, when we got into Seattle the day before, we took transport to the hotel and checked in. At that point, I walked to Men's Wearhouse to pick up my rental tux and brought it back. We then walked to Pike's Market and wandered around. We only had about an hour or so, but we got to see fish flying, sample the bakery, and have dinner.

Our plan for the next day was to get up, eat breakfast, and head to the port. Thanks to being from the east coast, we were up and running considerably earlier than we had expected. So, we ate breakfast, checked our luggage, and headed up to the Needle. There was no line at that time of day, we went straight up. After that, we still had some time, so we went through the Chihuly museum and garden (had we thought about it, we would have bought the combo ticket that included the Needle). After that, we headed back via the monorail, back to the hotel, got our stuff and taxi to the port. We were in line by 12:30.

We are leaving from pier 66 and staying at the Marriott right there so we'll leave our luggage while we explore.

We don't get in until after 8 the night before so there won't be much exploring Saturday. :(

Thanks for all the answers!

Ok - one more question...

How easy/hard is it to get a taxi from Chihuly back to pier? Is there a taxi stand or will we need to have a number for a company and call one in advance?

Thanks!

If we go I want to be prepared and not miss our ship! :)

Can't answer about the taxi cab line. But I think if you walk towards Broad and 5th, near Ride the Ducks, you'll find a taxi. Hopefully someone will provide a definitive answer.

Since you're at pier 66, an easy way to get to the market is via the Lenora St elevator next to the Marriott. It will take you within a block of the market.

Chihuly Gardens and Glass was, unquestionably, one of the highlights of my entire life. :D My husband took me there for our anniversary weekend last year and it was glorious. I think we took 300 pictures there alone and he even liked it, too. Stunning!!

I don't think finding a cab will be a problem; there is a lot of activity around there and I think you could easliy hail one, if you don't see them lined up already.

Have fun, anyone who is going!!

Archived