What is the worst thing you forgot?

superduper123

Preparing for my cruise and making my list, I'm trying not to forget anything. Then I realize, so what if I forget my toothpaste, I can buy some onboard. That got me thinking, what is the worst thing you could forget to pack?

OK, so we know passport/ID is probably at the top of the list. Anything else, that would put a severe damper on your cruise?

On my first cruise I forgot to pack my husband any socks. I had to buy some in the hotel gift store, and they weren't cheap.

But it didn't dampen the cruise any tho, so it might not fit here. But now when we travel, socks are always packed first..lol.

One year, my ex husband left our fully packed formal wear bag in the middle of our bedroom floor. I had packed it, left it in the middle of the room for him to pack the car while I was at work. He insisted it was in the car when we left. I discovered it missing when we unloaded the car for the cruise.

But I got my revenge- it was a Disney cruise- so he now has a Mickey dress shirt and tie! :D

One year, my ex husband left our fully packed formal wear bag in the middle of our bedroom floor. I had packed it, left it in the middle of the room for him to pack the car while I was at work. He insisted it was in the car when we left. I discovered it missing when we unloaded the car for the cruise.

But I got my revenge- it was a Disney cruise- so he now has a Mickey dress shirt and tie! :D

You just reminded me.... when DD1 got married.... I left my mother of the bride outfit at home..... we were staying at a hotel the night before.... fortunately a 2 hour round trip journey remedied that.... sigh....

I'm a gym rat...couldn't belive I forgot to pack my gym clothes one cruise! The worst would be to forget the documents needed and/or prescriptions. Pretty much everything else, you could purchase or improvise.

Edited by 39august

I'm a gym rat...couldn't belive I forgot to pack my gym clothes one cruise! The worst would be to forget the documents needed and/or prescriptions. Pretty much everything else, you could purchase or improvise.

Oh yeah, that reminds me- I forgot my sneakers once! I ended up borrowing my 13 year old son's pair- a perfect, though kinda stinky, fit!

Nothing critical, but we've had some minor mishaps.

My formal dress stayed at home on the hanger (I didn't want it to wrinkle). And that is a sure way to be invited to the Captain's table for dinner. Fortunately it was on San Diego day, and Nordstrom is just a short walk from the pier.:D

DH forgot his cufflinks and studs once, but was able to borrow a set at Guest Services.

FIL and MIL once checked their bags (with the porter, not the airline) containing their passports. This was in 2003, and at first the Princess rep told them they could sign a waiver document (can't do that any more), but at check-in the agent said they would need the passports or they couldn't go. Finally the supervisor took pity on a pair of 80-somethings, retired military, swore they had them in their bags, and let them board. Otherwise I would have sat outside their cabin waiting for their luggage, hoping it would arrive in time and that they wouldn't have cardiac arrest in the waiting lounge.

So we always check for our documents to be in our carry-ons (which is all we normally have)!

Edited by critterchick

I forgot all of my swim suits... ALL of them. I went on a 10 day cruise without a single one. I refused to pay the prices on the ship so I decided to wait until the islands. Same thing, crazy expensive. I ended up wearing hubby's swim trunks and t-shirts. :D

My daughter!

Ok.. the rest of the story -

She forgot to wake up. We were in Washington State. She was in Colorado. We were all flying the same day to Los Angeles for a cruise. She missed her plane by sleeping in. It all ended OK... she caught a later flight and made it just in time!

My daughter!

Ok.. the rest of the story -

She forgot to wake up. We were in Washington State. She was in Colorado. We were all flying the same day to Los Angeles for a cruise. She missed her plane by sleeping in. It all ended OK... she caught a later flight and made it just in time!

Wow!

Like a previous poster, I had packed and left everything for my husband to put in the car. Once we were on the ship, I was like "Where's my garment bag? The one that was hanging on the doorknob?" - Yeah, it was at home! All of my shirts and dresses were in it - I had a few casual shirts in my suitcase, plus what I had worn on the trip down - who knew that San Juan Puerto Rico had a Marshalls?!! Thank goodness that was our first stop, so I purchased some tops and a couple of dresses!! whew!!