Inside Cabins - 3rd/4th passenger

lovevacadays

Sorry I don't but I can tell you the ships I have been on that the disappear into the wall and you cant see them and they don't interfere. However, I have had 4 in an inside cabin (the kids) and it is a bit tight. We are not people who ever stay in our cabin so no big deal but it is tight.

It really depends on the ship. The Grand class ships have the beds sticking out of the wall, as shown in the pictures above. However, on the Coral and Island Princess, the beds go flush into the ceiling. Here is a photo of our inside cabin on the Coral Princess. If you look at the ceiling you can see where the third and fourth beds are:

7187217051_56b85b5011_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

It really depends on the ship. The Grand class ships have the beds sticking out of the wall, as shown in the pictures above. However, on the Coral and Island Princess, the beds go flush into the ceiling. Here is a photo of our inside cabin on the Coral Princess. If you look at the ceiling you can see where the third and fourth beds are:

I believe that on the Sapphire/Diamond/Coral/Island Princesses, the upper bunks all disappear into the ceiling. If you call Princess, they can tell you if an inside quad cabin that you are considering has the bunks in the ceiling or bolted to the wall.

I believe that on the Sapphire/Diamond/Coral/Island Princesses, the upper bunks all disappear into the ceiling. If you call Princess, they can tell you if an inside quad cabin that you are considering has the bunks in the ceiling or bolted to the wall.
Thanks for the additional information. I didn't know the Sapphire/Diamond did that as well. It's a much better way to have third and fourth beds, but I'm sure it costs more to do it that way.

It really depends on the ship. The Grand class ships have the beds sticking out of the wall, as shown in the pictures above.

You really can't generalize.

On Emerald and Ruby for instance -- on plaza deck, the uppers are

on the wall, while on other decks, the uppers are in the ceiling.

In the ceiling is MUCH nicer.

Interesting. I was unaware that there were different set-ups even on the same ship. Good to know.

.......If you call Princess, they can tell you if an inside quad cabin that you are considering has the bunks in the ceiling or bolted to the wall.

I have to disagree with you on that! I called Princess three separate times to inquire about the location of the bunks in our specific cabin. I got three different answers: maybe in the ceiling, definitely on the walls but not intrusive, and definitely in the ceilings (and this one was after the agent put me on hold to call over to engineering!) So the consensus was they didn't know.... we'd just have to wait and see - expect the worst, but hope for the best! Unfortunately, they were on the walls, and definitely intrusive (at least with the queen config.)

You really can't generalize.

In the ceiling is MUCH nicer.

We had an inside on Dolphin Deck on the Ruby, the uppers were on the wall. I must say though, we were three in the cabin, and it didnt bother us a bit.

Karen

This picture is from the Sapphire Princess. The beds come out of the ceiling but as you can see it only works well with the lower beds made as singles.

And NO, this was not our cabin. I took this pictures at the same time when we were taken pictures for my website.

Theo

E202B.jpg.14e6f0a30a26bec6550a8673716a4b88.jpg

• 2 months later...

7187217051_56b85b5011_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Can anyone confirm if this is true that on Island Princess the uppers are in the ceiling?

We have an obstructed oceanview on Island Princess (E614) with uppers and only have two people so we definitely want to make sure they do not protrude from the wall when closed.

We can switch to another cabin without the uppers but the view appears (from the photos posted) slightly less desirable (E601). Thanks.

Trudy

I have to disagree with you on that! I called Princess three separate times to inquire about the location of the bunks in our specific cabin. I got three different answers: maybe in the ceiling, definitely on the walls but not intrusive, and definitely in the ceilings (and this one was after the agent put me on hold to call over to engineering!) So the consensus was they didn't know.... we'd just have to wait and see - expect the worst, but hope for the best! Unfortunately, they were on the walls, and definitely intrusive (at least with the queen config.)

Well, I know for a fact that information on inside cabin quad bunk configuration for each ship is available on Princess' intranet (a friend of mine worked as a reservations agent for Princess). I guess the agents that you spoke with did not know that the information was available (or where to find it...). Training issue... sigh. :rolleyes:

I was just in a quad room on the island princess and the upper bunks were flush with the ceiling.

Was your quad room on Island Princess an inside or obstructed oceanview?

Do you think it will be the same configuration for both categories?

Thank you.

Trudy

I don't have a picture, but if it is a long trip in an inside cabin with 4 passengers, I would consider 2 cabins.

I have a hard time on a 10 day with only 2 of us in the cabin!

In our case, it's only two of us and we booked an obstructed oceanview (often a very good value) for $400 pp for a week to Alaska! The cabin they assigned us has uppers which we won't need. Our only concern is if they are protruding from the wall. We had one like that and it made getting out of a queen bed very troublesome. It is not be a problem with two single beds.

Concerning ISLAND PRINCESS, we were assured (after getting two different answers) by Princess that the uppers RETRACT INTO THE CEILING, according "to the boss" who knows the ships configurations. We shall see in less than a week! :)

Trudy

Archived