Biz upgrades flying away?

TedC

Two small Regent brochures arrived today and both had several itineraries where PH and up did not include Biz class upgrade - just "free air and butler". No clear indication lower categories able to opt for biz upgrades. A few itineraries DID include biz upgrade for PH and above.

BUT, blurb on last page stated guests CAN upgrade to biz from only $699 each way! And last page of other brochure states Biz upgrade on "Select sailings."

One brochure was "extraordinary Asia" Nov.2013 - April 2014. Other was "Caribbean and S. America" Nov. 2013 to March of 2014.

Are they trying to confuse us?

No Biz upgrade would be a deal breaker for me!

We did an upgrade to Business Class from Cat. F on a Cruise from Rio to Miami (US to Rio only). They stated, at time of booking, it did not include Business Class overland to Atlanta.

But with a very small complaint they did upgrade to Atlanta. This was with Delta, all the way, and they had the best food and service of any of the many Airlines we have flown.

Yes, but this thread is about included business class in the PH suites and above. I agree this has usually been offered only on the European routes.

And it's normal for the "domestic" portion of an upgraded flight to be Economy--that works in Europe and in N.A.

We are booked next year Dubai to London on Voyager in Penthouse C. We received Business Class upgrade with the booking. Don't think Dubai is considered Europe. It was a big reason why we booked the Penthouse. I, too, have noticed that it is no longer mentioned in the brochures.

We are booked next year Dubai to London on Voyager in Penthouse C. We received Business Class upgrade with the booking. Don't think Dubai is considered Europe. It was a big reason why we booked the Penthouse. I, too, have noticed that it is no longer mentioned in the brochures.

Dubai isn't Europe but London is why you received the included upgrade.

I'm not sure what brochures posters are looking at. I went to the RSSC website and randomly selected a cruise in August, 2014 -- it does include Business Air for PH and above. Here is a link http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR140820/summary/default.aspx .

Ted C did state that upgrades from $699.00 were available from lower than Penthouse Cabins. Also, it has been pointed out that Business Class is available to cruises other than those only to Europe As often is the case!!!!

Only other I can think of was back when they were doing the world cruises. Do they include it on the complete circle South America cruise? I haven't looked since it would be too long a cruise for me to even consider anytime soon.

Could anyone could an example of a specific cruise where Business Class air included for itineraries that do not start or end in Europe? Have not heard of this.

TC,

RachelG is correct. The Circle South America cruise leaving December 20th includes business class air for all suites.

Thanks RachelG and DaveFr -- now I remember that they did this for the world cruises and are doing it for passengers doing the full 70 nights. All categories of suites get the special benefits. Other benefits they get (or did a couple of years ago) is shipping their luggage to the ship and special events during the cruise.

TC: Just told you & others we did a 21 day cruise from Rio (via the Amazon) to Florida and were upgraded to Business Class to Rio. Didn't do the upgrade from Florida to home as it is just a short hop.

Archived