YVR to Canada Place

I will be with a group of 9 never ever cruisers and need advice about the best way for us to get from airport to pier in Vancouver. We will be there at noon saturday, mid june. The train is out because of the age of several in the party. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

I will be with a group of 9 never ever cruisers and need advice about the best way for us to get from airport to pier in Vancouver. We will be there at noon saturday, mid june. The train is out because of the age of several in the party. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

The best would be a limo or Town car . You can pre arrange or rent one at the airport.

Given that you have eliminated the Canada Line, you have two choices, limo or taxi. AeroCar has a walk up, flat rate contract with YVR of $55 for a 5 pax sedan or $110 for all 9 of you (a 10 pax stretch limo requires a reservation and will cost you $170) to which you will need to add 5% tax and tips. Two mini-van cabs (one person will have to sit on a flip down seat in the back) will cost you about $35 per cab plus tip.

9 people will have a fair bit of luggage. Although you might all fit in a 10 pax limo I doubt your luggage would. A couple of mini vans would be your best bet. Standard cabs in Van are Toyota Pirus in size and the trunk will only hold 2-3 average sized suit cases.

9 people will have a fair bit of luggage. Although you might all fit in a 10 pax limo I doubt your luggage would. A couple of mini vans would be your best bet. Standard cabs in Van are Toyota Pirus in size and the trunk will only hold 2-3 average sized suit cases.

Some 17% of Vancouver's cab fleet are mini-vans so while they may have to wait an extra minute or two for them in the taxi line getting one will not be a problem. I also felt that a Prius would only hold 3 people with luggage until I witnessed 4 averaged sized adults getting into one with all their luggage for an Alaskan cruise.:)

By the way is Van somewhere close to Ed or Cal? :confused:

Probably about the same distance as NYC to Chicago. 12 hour drive and an hour and a bit by plane. The big difference between the three is that Vancouver made the NHL playoffs whereas the two Alberta teams are playing golf right about now.

If the Alberta teams are playing golf it must be in the warmer southern climate because isn't it still snowing and cold in oil patch country while here on the west coast it will be in the mid 20's C or 70's F for the next few days.

Cheers

Dennis

If the Alberta teams are playing golf it must be in the warmer southern climate because isn't it still snowing and cold in oil patch country while here on the west coast it will be in the mid 20's C or 70's F for the next few days.

Cheers

Dennis

My guess they are in the Carolinas to Palm Springs if they are playing golf. I have got in 3 games this past week and will play again tomorrow.

Cheers

Dennis

Actually its +18 in Calgary right now and I'm heading out for a quick round of golf!

I want to do the train but the other couple in our 4 party may have to do a van due to their luggage (we travel light-1 bag a piece). Is there an exchange inside the airport to convert to CA for the drivers tips? Or will they accept US? I know you can do plastic for the fare and for the YVR tickets. Thanks ever so:D

I figured you might be along based on the result. We may shortly have a coach ( hope not ) and General Manager ( hope so ) looking for work.

Cheers

Dennis

My thoughts exactly....please God, bring us back Brian Burke.:)

Poor AV, the winningest coach in Canuck history just couldn't do it with the tools he has been provided by the GM.

after reading some posts from other port cities I was wondering if the lines waiting for taxis or aerocar limos get backed up much at the airport with the cruise traffic?

There's usually lot of taxis as many local taxi companies buy airport licences and the cars licensed for such are always at the airport. What may hold up is how many taxis are loaded at the same time. There may be a wait at the domestic terminal as the waiting line for the cars isn't reach there (they're stacked at internatinoal arrivals).

after reading some posts from other port cities I was wondering if the lines waiting for taxis or aerocar limos get backed up much at the airport with the cruise traffic?

Metro Vancouver has a population of 2.5m, and 3 cruise ships is only another 6000 people. It doesn't really affect it that badly. Especially given there's a good transit system around town too, so there isn't a huge dependency on taxis

At last count there were some 525 cabs licensed to pick up fares at YVR .... so no there is seldom much of a line for cabs.

• 1 month later...

thank you all for your suggestions, just got back from the cruise and the Aerocar limo worked out perfectly. We expected to need two cars but the driver got luggage for all eight of us in the trunk and front seat floor. Much cheaper than the cruise line shuttle and very comfortable to boot.

Archived