Orlando Hotel Advice!

So we're actually taking our cruise out of Miami on the Breeze this August for our honeymoon, but are taking 3 days before and staying in Orlando to do Disney...I've begun searching for a hotel in Orlando and I'm overwhelmed with all the options. Anyone have any reasonably price hotels they've stayed in hear Disney?? We dont want to spend a lot on the hotel because we won't be in there a whole lot as we'll be at the parks most of our stay then driving to Miami....I would love some thoughts/opinons where you all have stayed before :D

Thanks in advance!

That's a good choice, or search in the Lake Buena Vista area just north of Disney, or better yet stay on the property if you can swing it - the convenience and perks are worth it to me! :cool:

Congrats and good luck! :)

A personal preference is the Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista. The hotel is super clean and all of the rooms are suites which is nice as you will have a sitting area plus a small kitchen and dining area to make a light meal or keep a few snacks and such. The hotel also has an onsite convenience store which is nice. In addition, the hotel offers a free breakfast and Mgr's reception with light snacks and drinks. It is very close to the parks and the rates are good. A good bang for your buck.

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/homewood-suites-by-hilton-lake-buena-vista-orlando-MCOVSHW/index.html

Congrats on your wedding. Have a great time. :)

I don't have a suggestion for you, but I think we are staying in Orlando before our Miami cruise as well! I haven't found a place to stay yet, so I don't have a reccommendation for you in that regard. However, if you are looking for a message board that is to Disney what CC is to crusing, I would recommend Disboards. They do have a Orlando Hotel board as well.

Now matter how much you have to save or scrimp on other things on your trip it is so much better to stay in the Walt Disney World resort. It will in the long run save you money and time , so you can do more in your short visit.Try the All-Star or the Pop Century and ask for the cheapest room Parking lot view. You may think that you will save some money staying outside but it is money well spent to stay inside.

I definitely agree with the suggestions to stay at a Disney resort if at all possible! Some of the value resorts are similar in price to options nearby.

There is regular transportation to entrances of the parks & if you prefer to drive you don't have to pay for parking ($14 per day).

Traffic to/from parks and in the area can be quite heavy in the summer.

Overall it is just much easier to stay on Disney property.

If you are flying to Orlando, you can save a few days rental car by using Disney's Magical Express transportation to the resort & Disney transportation while you are there and then getting the rental car.

I too agree, stay on property with Disney. The Art of Animation resort is great.

And as flhokie said, let them do the driving until you're ready to leave for the cruise, save a few bucks and start relaxing right away.

Congrats on you're wedding!!

Thank you all for the advice here. I wasn't aware that you got so many perks from staying on a disney property...we are now looking into some of their reasonably priced ones and then just picking up the rental car the night before we head to Miami....hotels are a little more expensive than we wanted, but we will save a lot on parking and the rental car and taxis it looks like.:D

Thank you all for the advice here. I wasn't aware that you got so many perks from staying on a disney property...we are now looking into some of their reasonably priced ones and then just picking up the rental car the night before we head to Miami....hotels are a little more expensive than we wanted, but we will save a lot on parking and the rental car and taxis it looks like.:D

The onsite Disney hotels are convenient. We have stayed in most on the property over the years. Lately however, we have started to stay offsite for a few reasons. We like a King bed and with the Disney hotels most King beds are in the Handicapped rooms. Most rooms have two Double beds, not queens. Also, no coffee makers. We are morning coffee drinkers so this is a biggie for us. On our last visit, I actually drove to Walgreens and purchased a 4-cup coffee maker along with coffee and creamer for the room. No fridge either. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade as the hotels are very nicely themed and convenient but also very crowded and very, very basic.

Just trying to give an honest opinion... No flames please. :)

We like the Homewood Suites that is right off Disney property. Spotless clean property and good service, great rates. Also, I like having a King bed plus the kitchen for coffee and having the fridge to keep fixings for a quick sandwich etc.... JMHO

Have a great time....

We will be staying on international drive for our stay in Orlando before we drive down to Miami. Found a best western for under 500 for 7 nights. It's a slightly dated hotel but who cares! We will be too busy at the parks to notice.

Check out tripadvisor for great hotels. I use it all the time to find the cheapest hotels with the best reviews. :)

We will be staying on international drive for our stay in Orlando before we drive down to Miami. Found a best western for under 500 for 7 nights. It's a slightly dated hotel but who cares! We will be too busy at the parks to notice.

Check out tripadvisor for great hotels. I use it all the time to find the cheapest hotels with the best reviews. :)

Check out the Enclave Suites as well. Very near Universal Studios and International Drive. Really great rates and the rooms are suites. If you have kids, they offer a cute kids suite with a bunk-bed bedroom. Very adorable.

http://www.enclavesuites.com/

:)

The onsite Disney hotels are convenient. We have stayed in most on the property over the years. Lately however, we have started to stay offsite for a few reasons. We like a King bed and with the Disney hotels most King beds are in the Handicapped rooms. Most rooms have two Double beds, not queens. Also, no coffee makers. We are morning coffee drinkers so this is a biggie for us. On our last visit, I actually drove to Walgreens and purchased a 4-cup coffee maker along with coffee and creamer for the room. No fridge either. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade as the hotels are very nicely themed and convenient but also very crowded and very, very basic.

Just trying to give an honest opinion... No flames please. :)

We like the Homewood Suites that is right off Disney property. Spotless clean property and good service, great rates. Also, I like having a King bed plus the kitchen for coffee and having the fridge to keep fixings for a quick sandwich etc.... JMHO

Have a great time....

Thank you for the honest opinions...I myself am I coffee-addict so that is a good thing to know as well as the bed information. I'll have some things to discuss with the fiance.

Before looking into the Disney resorts we were going to do hotwire. They had a 4 star hotel for 57 a night which is a good deal. Supposedly a holiday inn or something like that, which is fine by me. Especially since disney tickets are $600 themselves.

Holiday Inn Express on Palm Parkway, Lake Buena Vista, is a nice hotel. The hotel is clean and there are plenty of decent restaurants in the immediate area. It's approximately ten minutes away from Walt Disney World's main entrance. The hotel was formally a Radisson. We stay at this location all the time.

Thank you for the honest opinions...I myself am I coffee-addict so that is a good thing to know as well as the bed information. I'll have some things to discuss with the fiance.

Before looking into the Disney resorts we were going to do hotwire. They had a 4 star hotel for 57 a night which is a good deal. Supposedly a holiday inn or something like that, which is fine by me. Especially since disney tickets are $600 themselves.

Do your homework on www.betterbidding.com before booking a mystery hotel through Hotwire or Priceline. Good luck! :)

Archived