fairmont vs westin bayshore vs Pan Pacific

tamsocal

I posted this on canada board- but thought I would get some valuable input here on HAL in case some of you dont venture outside of the HAL board :)

we can stay at the westin on points

Fairmont Waterfront West Coast Suite for $250/night + $100 food credit-- seems like a good deal but have never priced out the fairmont????

Pan Pacific ~ $220/night

staying 3 nights--

we have stayed at westin & Pan Pacific and loved both- westin was very small room. Pan Pacific was huge --not sure if we were upgraded? or they all are big. both were nice. Westin is closer to Stanley Park but I think we are going to get 2 day Big Bus tickets so pan Pacific & Fairmont have stop it looks like in immediate area.

Anyone have feedback re Fairmont and west coast suite? good deal not worth it regardless and stay at one of the other 2 options?

thanks for the help!!

It's been a while since I've stayed there, but I have stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront a few times over the years. It's lovely. The rooms were large, the beds comfortable. I awoke early enough to see my ship sailing in to pick me up.

I have also stayed at the Pan Pacific across the street, and liked it very much, too. But I prefer the Waterfront.

I posted this on canada board- but thought I would get some valuable input here on HAL in case some of you dont venture outside of the HAL board :)

we can stay at the westin on points

Fairmont Waterfront West Coast Suite for $250/night + $100 food credit-- seems like a good deal but have never priced out the fairmont????

Pan Pacific ~ $220/night

staying 3 nights--

we have stayed at westin & Pan Pacific and loved both- westin was very small room. Pan Pacific was huge --not sure if we were upgraded? or they all are big. both were nice. Westin is closer to Stanley Park but I think we are going to get 2 day Big Bus tickets so pan Pacific & Fairmont have stop it looks like in immediate area.

Anyone have feedback re Fairmont and west coast suite? good deal not worth it regardless and stay at one of the other 2 options?

thanks for the help!!

My fav is the Pan Pacific! JMO

Suggest the Entree Gold floor at the Fairmont. In all Fairmonts the Entree Gold rooms are beautiful and the perks are fantastic! We prefer the Faimont Hotel Vancouver, but the Waterfront is nice too, especially if you like modern style.

Suggest the Entree Gold floor at the Fairmont. In all Fairmonts the Entree Gold rooms are beautiful and the perks are fantastic! We prefer the Faimont Hotel Vancouver, but the Waterfront is nice too, especially if you like modern style.

My FPC Certificate is not good for gold floor:( and I already am struggling with No charge Point stay at Westin Bayshore vs Fairmont in the suite. I did like the hotel Vancouver online but was wondering if it would just be more convenient staying right accross from the terminal since I have the kids, etc

I guess we could just taxi

Not sure if I got a good rate with the Fairmont suite or if that is typical price.

Will check Trip Advisor as suggested

thanks!!

Even though I'm local I have stayed at the Bayshore several times in the last few years, usually as part of a small group. The Bayshore is a "convention hotel" - their words, not mine. They cater to large convention groups, and if you're not part of the group you can get a bit overwhelmed. I have not received very good service there. Because of this I would not rush back if I had a choice.

Possibly things are better during the cruise ship season, when there tend to be fewer conventions, but based on my experience the Pan Pacific and Fairmont might be better choices. They are much handier to the Canada Placeterminal as well.

thanks everyone!! I think I will go with the Fairmont for now, will be nice to try a new hotel. The suite sounds like a good deal. Although our PanPacific stay last time was perfect from what I recall. Maybe I'll check hotwire when it gets closer

Another option is the Fairmont Pacific Rim, which is 1 block west of the Terminal. The hotel offers complimentary transfers in a chauffeured BMW, which can save you the (trivial) expense of a cab.

When I stay in town, this is by far my preferred location. The Fairmont Gold floors (20 & 21) are fantastic, and if you upgrade to the jetted tub rooms (or even better, the Orfuro tubs!) they are extraordinary.

The Waterfront has gotten a Fairmont Gold upgrade in the last couple of months. I haven't been in the new rooms/gold lounge, so they may be coming up to the level of the F'mont Pacific Rim.

Another option is the Fairmont Pacific Rim, which is 1 block west of the Terminal. The hotel offers complimentary transfers in a chauffeured BMW, which can save you the (trivial) expense of a cab.

When I stay in town, this is by far my preferred location. The Fairmont Gold floors (20 & 21) are fantastic, and if you upgrade to the jetted tub rooms (or even better, the Orfuro tubs!) they are extraordinary.

The Waterfront has gotten a Fairmont Gold upgrade in the last couple of months. I haven't been in the new rooms/gold lounge, so they may be coming. up to the level of the F'mont Pacific Rim.

thanks James.

I willing to spend the $$ Fairmont vs points at Westin, but would like to not spend too much :). hoping to use my Fairmont certificates for suite upgrade & night free-- Gold is excluded :(

Will look into the Pacific Rim though

the kids want to see the bees on the roof of the Fairmont waterfront :)

If you call FPC you can generally get them to figure out what you need to be booked into in order to get upgraded to the category you want. I've found them really helpful about that.

The Gold exclusion has always niggled me a bit about FPC--but I just save my certs for my trips to Seattle, since the Olympic doesn't have a Gold floor. :)

Archived