Help!! Airline just changed my departure time

What do you have to do to get the pursor's desk to print it? I haven't done this before. And how do you find out if your airline participates with Carnival to take care of the luggage? Thanks!

We came across a flyer that had been delivered to our stateroom on the 3rd or 4th day of a seven day cruise (Feb. 2013). We are booked on another Carnival cruise in July, so I will inquire again at the pursers desk to see if they are offering this service.

It was superb! It was just $20 bucks total for me and my parter to sign up. I only remember seeing 3 or 4 airlines participating, ours is AA. Walked down to the desk with our airline booking numbers, they delivered our luggage tags (w/aa bar code) to our stateroom the night before debarkation. You tell them how many bags you have and who they belong to. The tags have your name on them just like checking in at the airport. They (pursers desk) also checked us in for our flight and printed our boarding passes - so the delivered envelope had luggage tags, boarding passes, and already check in for our flight. (airline baggage fees still apply in addition to the $20 service). We were booked in First Class and I'm also an elite member w/AA, so no additional fee for us, just the $20 service).

Important to note: We were on a Sunday to Sunday cruise, the cut off to sign up and pay for the service was Friday night. I think we came across the flyer Wednesday afternoon.

We put 3 bags in the hallway the night before debark. The next morning we waked off the ship with a tote bag, went to the airport, went through security, flew home, went to baggage claim and picked up our luggage. Hope they have it again!!

We always do self assist debark....

If I go online and book these flights today, they are $160 cheaper than when I booked............do you think they will refund me money????

Thanks...I also emailed my TA to see what she thinks....I booked the flights though.

If the schedule change imposed by the airline is "unacceptable" you are entitled to an involuntary refund per the contract of carriage filed with DOT and IATA. I would request the refund prior to purchasing at the new lower fare to prevent problems with a duplicate booking.

Do they do self assist differently...They used to just call it and everyone left.......Do they call it by znes now for self assist?

Did you take a cab from the port to Fort Lauderdale airport?

They call self-assist by decks, then the zones are called

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If the schedule change imposed by the airline is "unacceptable" you are entitled to an involuntary refund per the contract of carriage filed with DOT and IATA.

I may be wrong, but I believe it has to be a 3-hour or more difference either way to get a refund.

I just got an email from my airline..they changed my departure time... I will be on the Breeze returning to Miami with a flight time of 11:17 out of Fort Lauderdale. Will I be OK?

You luggage will need to be checked in before 10:15.

FLL is crazy busy with all the cruise traffic. Getting through security is going to be stressful.

Self embarkation. You will be at the airport before 10am

carry off your luggage- no porters to assist.

Either get a car service or taxi- do NOT take the carnival buses

I just got an email from my airline..they changed my departure time... I will be on the Breeze returning to Miami with a flight time of 11:17 out of Fort Lauderdale. Will I be OK?

Usually, when an airline changes departure times(by any considerable amount, like an hour, not a few minutes), if it does not work for you, they will give you a later flight at no extra charge. I did not read all the remarks, so apologize if someone already said this.

I fly in and out of FLL often, and it is a MESS around there! If you take a taxi, and the driver is not familiar with the airport they will easily get turned around. SO lives down there and he has missed a few turns getting me back there

Every airline will have their own policies as far as waiving change fees or refunding due to schedule changes. You need to call them or look on line for their written policies. Not too long ago I made a huge mistake when booking flights on Spirit for our cruise out of FLL. I actually booked the return flight one day too early, on our last sea day. :eek: I didn't even notice this until about 3 months after I booked it. Anyway, I called the airline, fully prepared to pay the entire change fee plus any difference in price of the ticket if it had gone up. The Spirit rep on the phone informed me that our original return flight had changed by more than 30 minutes (I wasn't even aware of this) so he was able to switch us to the flight the next day for no extra cost at all. :D I really dodged a bullet on that one.

You will be fine, and this is speaking from experience, can things go wrong sure, but they never have for me. Have been to FLL by 0830, from MIA no problems. The airline will work with you to get through the lines... just ask.:D

We always do self assist debark....

If I go online and book these flights today, they are $160 cheaper than when I booked............do you think they will refund me money????

Thanks...I also emailed my TA to see what she thinks....I booked the flights though.

Yes, you can cancel the flight and get a full refund. Unfortunately the $$ probably wont show in your account for about a week. If you can swing it, book the other flight that is cheaper before you get the refund.

Ive traveled on 20 different airlines and the one notorious for changing my plans is Delta. I had booked a Christmas trip for my family of 5 in March the same year. In November, they had cancelled original flight and rebooked 5 of us on 3 different flights. I was not going to let my 10 year old and 13 year old fly solo to BRAZIL and hope I ran into them at the airport! Our vacation was 12/19 - 12/28. The only way they could get 5 of us on the same flight was to book for 12/23 - 12/28. At $1100 per person, I wasnt going to cut my trip short by 4 days. I cancelled and they refunded the $$. Of course trying to book in November for a Christmas week flight, all other airlines we well over $1500.

Most recently for this upcoming trip in 2 weeks, I had a 1:30 flight, arriving in Boston at 7:30pm. A few weeks ago they changed it 2:30pm, a stop and getting into Boston at 10pm. I paid $156. If I rebook now with someone else, all prices are over $300. Im stuck with Delta.

I booked AA for the flight to the pier at the same time as the Delta flight. AA never changed a thing in 9 months.

United did this to us for our fight home from Seattle after our cruise... I called, and explained why we needed the later flight, and they changed it without any fees... then that flight ended up not working out (too many hours sitting in an airport = bad idea with an 8 year old) and i asked if they could change it again, and they did and they waived both the change fee and the increase in price.

i look at it like this... it's REALLLLLLY expensive to possibly miss your flight... if you're flight it as 11, you need to be there by like, 9:30 at the latest, and if ANYTHING with customs holds you up, and you don't get a cab quickly you've missed your flight home and what worse was to end a vacation?

just my opinion though... i'm of the school of thought better safe than sorry.

Yes, you can cancel the flight and get a full refund. Unfortunately the $$ probably wont show in your account for about a week. If you can swing it, book the other flight that is cheaper before you get the refund.

Ive traveled on 20 different airlines and the one notorious for changing my plans is Delta. I had booked a Christmas trip for my family of 5 in March the same year. In November, they had cancelled original flight and rebooked 5 of us on 3 different flights. I was not going to let my 10 year old and 13 year old fly solo to BRAZIL and hope I ran into them at the airport! Our vacation was 12/19 - 12/28. The only way they could get 5 of us on the same flight was to book for 12/23 - 12/28. At $1100 per person, I wasnt going to cut my trip short by 4 days. I cancelled and they refunded the $$. Of course trying to book in November for a Christmas week flight, all other airlines we well over $1500.

Most recently for this upcoming trip in 2 weeks, I had a 1:30 flight, arriving in Boston at 7:30pm. A few weeks ago they changed it 2:30pm, a stop and getting into Boston at 10pm. I paid $156. If I rebook now with someone else, all prices are over $300. Im stuck with Delta.

I booked AA for the flight to the pier at the same time as the Delta flight. AA never changed a thing in 9 months.

unless you're like, the highest level of loyalty member... most people cannot cancel flights unless they were purchased fully refundable, which most people are not buying due to the extremely higher cost....

as per federal law, you can cancel an airline ticket with no repercussions only for 24 hours.

We did it in November.

We had an 11:10 flight out of FLL - from our Liberty Cruise in Miami.

We were lucky, as we are Platinum and did self disembark.. and we were the second family off the ship. We were at the FLL airport - that is at our GATE - at 9:15am - PLENTY of time for our flight.

As long as you do self assist and you are waiting to leave the minute they announce the self assist passengers, you should be fine.

We also arranged for private transportation to take us from Miami to FLL. This was key as well. We were in touch with the in the morning and they pulled up right as we were exiting the building.

If given the option, we would do it that way again in a heartbeat. Being back home by 3PM was amazing.

Catrin

We came across a flyer that had been delivered to our stateroom on the 3rd or 4th day of a seven day cruise (Feb. 2013). We are booked on another Carnival cruise in July, so I will inquire again at the pursers desk to see if they are offering this service.

It was superb! It was just $20 bucks total for me and my parter to sign up. I only remember seeing 3 or 4 airlines participating, ours is AA. Walked down to the desk with our airline booking numbers, they delivered our luggage tags (w/aa bar code) to our stateroom the night before debarkation. You tell them how many bags you have and who they belong to. The tags have your name on them just like checking in at the airport. They (pursers desk) also checked us in for our flight and printed our boarding passes - so the delivered envelope had luggage tags, boarding passes, and already check in for our flight. (airline baggage fees still apply in addition to the $20 service). We were booked in First Class and I'm also an elite member w/AA, so no additional fee for us, just the $20 service).

Important to note: We were on a Sunday to Sunday cruise, the cut off to sign up and pay for the service was Friday night. I think we came across the flyer Wednesday afternoon.

We put 3 bags in the hallway the night before debark. The next morning we waked off the ship with a tote bag, went to the airport, went through security, flew home, went to baggage claim and picked up our luggage. Hope they have it again!!

What time was your flight? I thought that your flight had to be after a certain time to get this service. Our flight is leaving from FLL at 11:45. We also had our flights changed by the airline. Does anyone know?? Thanks!

unless you're like, the highest level of loyalty member... most people cannot cancel flights unless they were purchased fully refundable, which most people are not buying due to the extremely higher cost....

as per federal law, you can cancel an airline ticket with no repercussions only for 24 hours.

In my experience, if the airline changes your flight, you have the option of choosing another flight, flying the same day, or getting a refund (which is what I meant by "cancelling"). I have never been charged a fee for choosing another flight. With my recent time change, the airline chose the flight for me. I went to their website to see if there was something better...there was not, so I am on the flight they chose. My other option was to not accept the change and get a 100% refund. Obviously I need to get home, and with only 2 weeks to go, all other flights on other airlines are double what I paid. Not too bad if it was just me, but Im traveling with my family of 6.

Archived