Help!! Airline just changed my departure time

I just got an email from my airline..they changed my departure time... I will be on the Breeze returning to Miami with a flight time of 11:17 out of Fort Lauderdale. Will I be OK?

It's a small risk, but I'd take it.

Now, the real problem will be if the airline again switches the departure time. I had this happen (because I booked the flight fso ar out) and the airliens changed the flight departure time not once but 3x. I finally had to call them, explain I was coming in on a cruise ship and could not get to the airport by 8:30 am. They changed my flight (obviously at no charge) but of course, we were then stuck with a 5PM flight and had a LONG day at the airport.

I just got an email from my airline..they changed my departure time... I will be on the Breeze returning to Miami with a flight time of 11:17 out of Fort Lauderdale. Will I be OK?

You "should" be OK. Either do self assist debarkation, or go to the pursers desk (AKA Guest Services) the day before and get a zone 1 debarkation tag. They will request to see your flight itenerary.

Note: If the airline changed your flight by more than 90 minutes, you can call the airline, expalin your problem and they should get you on a later departure flight at no additional charge to you. (on their metal of course). They will not put you on another airline.

We always do self assist debark....

If I go online and book these flights today, they are $160 cheaper than when I booked............do you think they will refund me money????

Thanks...I also emailed my TA to see what she thinks....I booked the flights though.

If the ship docks at Fort Lauderdale no problem. Do self imbarkation. Airport is close. You have the option of calling the airline and tell them you need a later flight.

Breeze is out of Miami so it might be close. Should be fine, but any delays could be a problem.

If I go online and book these flights today, they are $160 cheaper than when I booked............do you think they will refund me money????

Depends completly on the fare code and the attached restrictions. Best case scenario would be that they issue you a credit to be used for a future flight. A refund???? almost out of the question.

We had the same thing happen to us a few weeks ago. Delta changed ousr to 11:17am. We did self disembark and we were at the airport in Ft lauderdale at 8:30am. I called Delta and they told me that the flight change had to be more than 2 hours in order to switch with out paying fees. All ended well to a fabulas vaca on the Breeze

Go to the pursers desk on the ship and tell them. They will give you tags to debark with the first group. Obviously you will want to do self assist debarkation.

I was told if the time change is more than an hour, they will change it no charge to you if you see a time you like better.

that does not sound like a bad time, but since you have to get all the way from Miami.. I would not take a shuttle .. Id taxi it.

I had a friend make a 9:40AM flight from FLL after doing self-assist from the Breeze a few weeks ago. While I thought he was crazy for booking such an early flight, he said he was at the airport by 8AM.

You are docking in Miami and flying out of FLL? I don't think you can make this.

Check with your airline and see if there is a later flight. You should be allowed a fee free change because the airline changed your flight. I've had to do this on a number of occasions.

Bear in mind, just because you make it to the airport in time...that doesn't mean you'll get your bags checked and through security in time.

You have to remember...there are potentially tens of thousands of cruisers from multiple ships wanting to do the same thing, on top of all the non cruisers using the airport as well.

Just some food for thought.

If the ship docks at Fort Lauderdale no problem. Do self imbarkation. Airport is close. You have the option of calling the airline and tell them you need a later flight.

The Carnival Breeze docks in Miami - not Fort Lauderdale.

I used to fly in and out of FLL frequently to visit an elderly relative in Miami. On cruise arrival days, the security lines can be lengthy depending on how many ships arrive on that day. They even post notices about the increased volume and the reason why since the lines can be SOOO slow.

OP...call the airlines and express your concerns about your new flight time and ask for a later flight. Wouldn't you rather disembark in a relaxed, leisurely fashion as opposed to stressing out about making the rush to the airport? That's a lousy way to end a cruise vacation.:rolleyes:

Ps. Self assist in this case is a must as previously posted, unless you take a later flight. Also if flying on AA use the baggage delivery service on the ship!! $20 bucks or so. We used this and our luggage was at baggage claim when we arrived home. They took our bags the night before. You have to arrange this at the pursers desk and only a few airlines participate in the program.

Alaska air did this to me last summer. I called and they changed me no charge but I had to fly out the following day but I got to spend an extra night in Miami!! Maybe a bit more $$$ but more fun and no stress of worrying about missing a flight.

What do you have to do to get the pursor's desk to print it? I haven't done this before. And how do you find out if your airline participates with Carnival to take care of the luggage? Thanks!

We had the opposite happen to us. Our flight out is now later.

But, when I saw an e-mail about a flight change, I was scared because earlier we had an even worse problem. Our flight to Fort Lauderdale went from direct from JFK to having a stop in Dallas/Fort Worth. At best, we could get there in time to see the ship leave!

I called the major online agency through which we booked the flight, and got zero help from them. They told me that American Airlines owned the booking (even though the return was on another airline). They had no flight that could get us there on time. Our options were to go the day before on AA, or to pay in full again for flights and have an American Airlines credit good for IIRC 1 year. I told them no way. They changed the flight. It was not me just cancelling. I wanted a full credit. They were my travel agent, and were supposed to be working for me. I don't remember how many reps and supervisors I talked to, but none were helpful.I reminded them that they had competition, but nothing moved them.

Anyway, I called our credit card company, and explained what had happened. They were more than willing to help me dispute the charges. My wife then suggested I call American Airlines. I called them, and explained what had happened, and the response from XXXXXXX. THe rep put me on hold to talk to a supervisor. She then came back and said I would receive a full credit. After a few days, I called our credit card company and verified that a credit had been given, I then dropped the dispute. I did have to pay for it because the credit was on the next cycle, but then I got the credit.

There was also a $14 charge from XXXXXXX. I thought of also disputing that, but I just did not want to deal with them again. ( I booked our new flights directly through Jet Blue Airlines.) I know I will never again use XXXXXXX. They are the polar opposite of the much smaller online agency with which we book our cruises. They do not charge us (even for processing price drops) and provide exemplary service.

I was told if the time change is more than an hour, they will change it no charge to you if you see a time you like better.

that does not sound like a bad time, but since you have to get all the way from Miami.. I would not take a shuttle .. Id taxi it.[/quote]

I agree on the taxi part, but it will cost you. My sister-in-law had to do that a couple of years ago & it cost them over $70 + tip to get from Miami to FLL. She booked them through FLL because it was cheaper. However, it ended up costing a lot more because of the taxi.

Her hubby will no longer let her book their flights!!!

Archived