Does anyone have a ritual...

nator555

That you do once you embark? Last year as soon as I embarked I discovered I was mislead by Carnival about our room upgrade and that put a slight damper on my mood for a little bit why I tried to sort it out....hoping for a better start this year.

Drink of the day, explore the ship - and quick trip to the dining room to see the Maitre d to ensure accuracy of specialty restaurant reservations and inspect table location and size in main dining room....then repeat step one several times.

My ritual will change this time because I purchased FTTF.

Monday I am headed to drop out carry on in the cabin - YEAH!!!!!!!

Probably head up to Lido and check out availability. Most likely get a deli sandwich. Plan to explore ship, check on dining table assignment and may start reading the book I brought.

My embarkation ritual is a cold draft beer at the atrium bar as soon as I board. My last cruise I was looking forward to the Red Frog draft. It had a strange bitter taste so now I go for bottled Heineken or Stella Then off to my cabin to drop off my carryon and get settled. Then off to Lido for lunch and wait for the Muster drill.

My end of cruise ritual is enjoying a banana daiquiri on deck and while watching the sailaway on the last sea day.

Drop the carry-ons at the cabin (I'm Diamond), then head to the Lido for lunch. After that, hit the main pool area for a cool one, and some entertainment, and people watching. :cool: About 12:30 or so, go to the dining room to check my table assignment, and make sure it's suitable for evening dinner enjoyment, and fun. ;)

"SKY"

Definitely 'lose' the carryon - fill up the safe - put my S&S card in my hot pink lanyard - and out I go with camera in hand to snap pics of all the spots on the ship - before it gets overcrowded....eventually I get hungry and stop somewhere for lunch! :)

Drop carry on bags in cabin, shove purse in safe, grab camera and phone and head to lido for the 1st Funship special....... ahhhhhhhh relax the cruise has started :D

Post that 1st picture on Facebook! Then phone goes in the safe for the week.

Arrive the day before and do goofy touristy stuff.

Go to the lido, get a drink and chairs near the pool. Watch DS (usually in said pool)... Eat..Put on my floppy sun hat and start to chilax.

DH usually drops the stuff in the room then comes and finds us on the lido. DS boards the ship in his bathing suit and rash guard ready for fun.

Usually we have something not as planned (or wanted). Could be weather or forgot toothpaste (last trip) or realizing my in laws are in the cabins surrounding us :eek:

Sorry about the upgrade not what you thought. I usually avoid those bc I know what works best for us (and have gotten the upgrade that for us was a downgrade but we own the mistake)

No matter where I am I have to unpack before I can leave my sleeping quarters, that way I can relax straight away without worrying about unpacking and getting ready for the first dinner is a breeze.

If my bags are in the naughty room this will have to change obviously.

We head to the Lido for lunch and a DOD. After that we walk the ship for a little bit and head to our room for a nap!:o We get up before sailaway or the muster, whichever comes first, and that way we are refreshed for our first evening at sea. :D

(The nap is totally necessary as I stress about everything from the minute I wake up to leave my house, till I step foot on the ship.) :D

We eat a HUGE brunch on the way to the ship to avoid the overcrowded first day lunch, plus since this is often on Lido deck, we get to avoid that crazy place the first day as well.

I love NFL football and never get to watch it being a non TV household, so once on board I am off to the Sports Lounge with my carry-on allowed bottle of wine, I pop it, drink and enjoy the game, hopefully near a window. If no game I find a quiet place to sit with my wine and a book. Doing these things allows me to sit with my luggage and my wife and daughters luggage. ( each carry a small bookbag and a overhead size rolling suitcase_ so no need for airport luggage check-in or for porters at the Port). I sit with these items watching or reading while my wife and daughter explore the ship until we can get to our room.

This has become pretty routine.

Get a drink then immediately go to room to load all the cash in safe. Then explore the ship while everyone is eating. Then eat once I'm done with exploring.

Triumph 2003- Eastern Caribbean

Freedom 2010- Eastern Caribbean

Breeze- August 17th 2013

Right to the buffet. Then have a drink, go see if the walls are down so I can get into the room. If the luggage is there everything gets put away.

Back to the shore excursion desk to finalize anything we want to do. Back to the Lido deck for the sail-a-way party.

My most important ritual is turn off the dam cell phone and forget about life for a week and that includes work! Then just have fun, fun, fun!

Has anyone noticed that when you get on a ship your entire body just relaxes, your mind is at ease and it seems like you have no worries in the world?

Stop at Atrium Bar for a Miami Vice. It was the first thing we did on our first cruise so must be repeated. Once we got internet on our phones posting a picture of this ritual to social media has been added.

Next cruise is on Celebrity so I guess we'll start a new ritual there.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

First thing we do is grab a fu-fu drink, find a spot on one of the decks and park it until the first fu-fu drink is done, then go get another one. We normally don't drink and on our first cruise (Fantasy) I distinctly remember the cruise director say "There are no dui's on a cruise ship", so I get a slight buzz going.....but I make sure I'm not a drunk at the muster call, not cool. We've never gone hungry on a cruise so the buffet is one of the last places we hit, besides we eat a big breakfast the morning of embarking, just so the fu-fu drinks won't completely take over! I love meeting new people and just hanging out talking to all the other excited folks on the ship. And one more thing....please don't think this is corny, but I say a thank you prayer that I can go on a cruise and enjoy it. Only 27 more days.....yeah baby!

Archived