Activities for 4 y/o in Bermuda

RSLeesburg

Go to the library and pick up a guidebook on Bermuda...they have them! It's always a good idea to research your ports...that way, you'll know something about where you're going, and what there is to do there! Libraries are free...or you can buy a guidebook. Most have maps, too! You'll really maximize your time ashore if you get a guidebook!

We go to our library almost every week, so I will see what they have that's current. However, guidebooks will only tell you so much - first hand knowledge from other parents helps too (my son/daughter loved/hated this because ...).

Save yourself some time and just google it. Most of those guides are now online. I went to Bermuda when I was a kid and all I remember is how beautiful the beaches were. I was 10. As far as places to go, it seems like the Aquarium and the Zoo are a big hit as well as the Warwick playground.

Here's a pretty good link.

I hope you come back and tell us all about it. I've been thinking about booking the NCL Breakaway.

We did Bermuda with DD when she was 22 months old. We took the ferry system & busses to get around the island as the zoo was on the opposite end. Public transportation is user friendly and we didn't have an issue getting around.

Also check out the Bermuda boards on cruise critic as I found that to be pretty helpful as well.

Enjoy Bermuda!

I'll recommend checking TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147255-Activities-Bermuda.html

Bermuda is a beautiful little island inhabited by charming people. My wife and I had stayed there for our 10th anniversary a few years back. Unfortunately, we didn't take the kids (really though... it was GREAT that we didn't take the kids... it was an AWESOME anniversary getaway!)

Public transportation is wonderful on the island. You will be hard pressed to find a taxi and renting a moped with your child in tow would not be advisable.

When we were there without the kids, I did think of them while we were scooting around the island.

I thought maybe the caves would be nice, King's Square had some actors performing period lifestyles and punishment...

Of course, this was 7 years ago. I'm sure things have changed.

Thanks. This helps a bit. Last year our son was not bus-friendly. We had to carry him kicking and screaming onto the buses at WDW. He maybe better this year as he is a year older. We need to test him in DC on one of the tour buses.

My 5 year old niece really enjoyed the beach. Horseshoe Bay has a great calm area that is perfect for little kids. It's on the right side as you look at the beach. They also have chairs and umbrellas for rent as well as snack bar, restrooms, changing area, etc. She also had fun at the aquarium and zoo.

Our sons first cruise was to Bermuda when he was 4.

We did the Bermuda Aquarium. It was great for him, he loved it, they have a nice coral reef tank you can walk right up to and stand at the glass as sharks swim by. They also have animal exhibits you walk through with monkeys swinging overhead. Its really neat. Take a pink bus to get there.

We did a day at Horseshoe beach, that was his first trip to the ocean and he loved it. Again, pink bus to get there. The bus will drop you at the top of a steep hill you will need to walk down to the beach. There is a van that for 1.00 pp will bring you back up. Best dollar spent in Bermuda.

We also walked around the town of St. George in the afternoon after the aquarium. Again, hop on the pink bus. Then from St George we took the ferry back to Kings wharf. All buses and ferries are included if you by a bus pass. We were there for 3 days on our cruise so we bought a multiple day pass. Our son was free.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Oh... 4 years old is a great time to introduce snorkeling. In St George there is a beach called Tobacco Beach and it is really a very calm protected cove with great snorkeling. Easy place to introduce snorkeling to a 4 yo. We did goggles first and now our 8 yo can snorkle anywhere I do.

Archived