Cabins near the aft on the Coral

Parrottdizes

On images of the Coral, I have noticed that there is a place to sit at the aft of the ship on several decks.

My questions are: Does this increase the noise level for the cabins in this section of the ship? Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? How did you like this area of the ship?

Thanks for your replies :)

On images of the Coral, I have noticed that there is a place to sit at the aft of the ship on several decks.

My questions are: Does this increase the noise level for the cabins in this section of the ship? Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? How did you like this area of the ship?

The mini suites on Dolphin at the aft of the Coral and Island are our favorite cabins. On Dolphin the aft minis' balconies are fully covered; on Caribe they are partially covered. Caribe's aft deck is wider and (at least on our Island Canal cruise in 2009) had loungers on it. Dolphin's aft deck is narrower and has no furniture (at least on our Coral Alaska cruises in 2007 and 2012). The only folks in the hallway are those in the surrounding cabins and you frequently have the back deck to yourself.

We had the 2nd-to-last mini on Dolphin in Alaska - very quiet. The aft decks aren't used for hanging around; more for sightseeing. People don't tend to hang around due to the lack of seating. We've also been towards the stern on Emerald deck, same experience. Love those aft cabins!

Cheers,

Kirsten

Any of the cabins in the 700 series are good. If you want to save money, book one of the insides in that area. You will have access to the deck with loungers and will have a view from either side of the ship.

The deck is not used much, so it is almost like a private area.

They have a laundromat in the area, but it doesn't seem to be a bother. We heard very little noise.

We booked the last inside cabin near the aft deck on our last cruise to Panama. It was great. Just walk out your door, about 10 feet down the hall, and out onto the biggest balcony! Near the end of the cruise more people had discovered it and it was harder to get a lounger but never really crowded. Good place to see the canal and we have done it in Alaska also and it was great for whale watching and at Glacier Bay.

We just returned from a cruise on the coral. We had e737 so could look at the aft balcony from our balcony. It was almost always empty. Even on Panama canal day there were only a few people out there.

We too had a cabin on emerald near the stern. That was a great deck-but there were no loungers out there. Still, it was virtually empty most of the time. We sailed from Vancouver to LA to start the trip. When we were arriving in LA I went out there and caught the sun rise as the Coral steamed past the USS Iowa. It was a beautiful morning.

On Canal day, I was back there for a while-it was never crowded and we had some great views.

They are really great decks and I think the one on the emerald deck is the best.

During our Alaska cruise 4 years ago on the Coral, I spent a lot of time on both the front and rear observation decks on the Baja level. Awesome areas of the ship that not many people know about.

My wife and I had a ocean view cabin facing aft on the Emerald deck on our Panama Canal cruise in Dec. 2011. Out our cabin door and then aft about 10 ft. was a door opening to a very wide balcony...starboard to port..it was availed by very few passengers until we traversed the Canal

and the only about 10-12 people were there. Cheapest and only "almost balcony" cabin we've ever had. We were upgraded from a most desirable inside cabin. Great view and very quiet even when docking in the various ports. Enjoy your cruise...We did.:)

Thanks everyone for posting a reply to my post and many thanks to Jasperdo for posting images of the balcony at the aft of the ship! :)

We are now booked on the Coral Princess, on the Caribe deck, in one of the mini cabins at the aft section of the ship. So looking forward to this voyage, but am worried that I might get spoiled being in a mini......:D

The very aft oceanview cabins on Baja deck are my favorites. Quiet, yet almost right outside your door is a ship-wide balcony. It was perfect for Alaska, if I was too cold I could run right inside for a warm jacket without going very far. Sometimes I went out there in my warm fuzzy slippers!

Archived