Le Cirque at the pinnacle grill

Cruisin Pat

We will be on the Maasdam on Father's Day and was thinking of doing

Dinner in the Pinnacle Dr for the Le Cirque experience. can some one tell

Me there experience with Le Cirque,was it worth it or should we just

Do the Pinnacle Grill?

When Le Cirque if offered in the Pinnacle Grill -- on that evening there is no choice but that dinner menu. The regular Pinnacle menu that evening is not offered.

We have done Le Cirque many times and we love it -- JMO.

But you will read here that others do not feel it is worth the money.

We decided to try Le Cirque on the Eurodam last year and now we won't miss it. it is a fabulous experience. I waited too long to reserve this cruise and now have to dine at 6:30. Reserve early.

We did Le Cirque on the Westerdam and enjoyed it very much. It is not that much more than the regular Pinnacle experience but more elegant. I would, however, skip the wine pairing and just get a nice bottle from the wine list. Our wines were not that spectacular and the Chardonnay was corked and the Sommelier tried unsuccessfully to convince me otherwise. And, all the wines were brought at one time and not with each course. Very bizarre.

We tried it the very first time it was offered on board. We did not like it at all. We will never try it again. We book the PG every night except Le Cirque and the Chef's dinner nights.

It would be OK if you could order off the regular PG menu but you can't on those nights.

We did Le Cirque on Maasdam about 2 weeks ago and it was excellent, skip wine pairing , I would just bring on a great bottle of wine and have it with the meal.

I agree.

Each time we have gone, we ordered whatever wines we wanted and did not do the pairings.

We tried it for the first time on our recent Med cruise. It was okay; we won't bother doing it again. Others on our cruise felt the service was too pretentious.

My mother had the cod that came in a red wine beurre rouge - there may have been too much sauce as it looked rather revolting when she was done with her meal (she didn't eat it completely). I had the chateaubriand which didn't even come close to the quality of beef found in Tamarind with the beef tenderloin. It was good but not great, and frankly, it was far too much meat; like a small roast. I did enjoy the creme brulee; much better than that which is served in the MDR.

We tried it the very first time it was offered on board. We did not like it at all. We will never try it again. We book the PG every night except Le Cirque and the Chef's dinner nights.

It would be OK if you could order off the regular PG menu but you can't on those nights.

If they did that it would mean even fewer people would have a chance to experience the Le Cirque dinner (considering it is offered only once on a seven day cruise; not sure how often it is offered on longer cruises).

I could never eat in the PG every night, it will get boring really fast. But that's my preference and thank goodness we get a few options on a dam ship. :)

We did Le Cirque on the Westerdam and enjoyed it very much. It is not that much more than the regular Pinnacle experience but more elegant. I would, however, skip the wine pairing and just get a nice bottle from the wine list. Our wines were not that spectacular and the Chardonnay was corked and the Sommelier tried unsuccessfully to convince me otherwise. And, all the wines were brought at one time and not with each course. Very bizarre.

We did Le Cirque on Maasdam about 2 weeks ago and it was excellent, skip wine pairing , I would just bring on a great bottle of wine and have it with the meal.

The first time we did Le Cirque -- back in 2010 -- we also did the wine pairing.

All the wines did not come at the same time.

But we do agree -- the wine pairings are not worth the $20 extra per person.

If they did that it would mean even fewer people would have a chance to experience the Le Cirque dinner (considering it is offered only once on a seven day cruise; not sure how often it is offered on longer cruises).

I could never eat in the PG every night, it will get boring really fast. But that's my preference and thank goodness we get a few options on a dam ship. :)

On our 14 day Alaskan cruise in 2011, it was offered 2 times. But on our 2012 -- 14 day Alaskan cruise, it was offered only 1 time -- and the waitlist was rather long so a second night was offered.

On our recent 20 day cruise on the Westerdam, it was offered 2 times -- we went to both and if they had offered it 3 times, we would have gone all 3 times.

We will be on the Maasdam on Father's Day and was thinking of doing

Dinner in the Pinnacle Dr for the Le Cirque experience. can some one tell

Me there experience with Le Cirque,was it worth it or should we just

Do the Pinnacle Grill?

I also loved it. Best meal I have ever had at sea. Particularly the lobster salad and chicken-under-a-brick. I have also done Pinnacle standard menu. Worth the upcharge but not exceptional.

As you can see, there are many opinions on LeCirque.

If it's something you really want to do, give it a try.

Personally, we choose the regular PG. It offers more variety and a chance to mix and match sides. With LeCirque, what you see on the set menu is what you get.

It was offered just once on our recent 11 day cruise on Maasdam and reservations filled up quickly

Archived