Banana Coast & HAL ink deal

FIRELT5

Thought you might all like to see that HAL will be the first cruise line to stop at Trujillo, Honduras from Autumn 2014 onwards.

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/banana-coast-lands-holland-america-multiple-port-calls-2014-15-40640

It'll be incorporated into 11 western cruises through the 2014-15 season.

Edited by BrianC-80

I think it's great news.

At this stage in our travels, we enjoy those created cruise centers.

I hope we get to visit Honduros.

I agree completely, we want to go to Mahogany Bay as well.

Alas, they were not on the schedules for 2013. Only Princess and Carnival. :(

Edited by surfergirle

I agree completely, we want to go to Mahogany Bay as well.

Alas, they were not on the schedules for 2013. Only Princess and Carnival. :(

We've been to Costa Maya and enjoyed it. Then we went to Grand Turk a number of times and liked it better. :) We also visited Mahogany Bay and that was our least favorite but it might have been because the humidity was impossibly high that day and weather in general wasn't great. We would return to any of them and hope to. :)

Sounds like another Grand Turk: Nothing to do. Has Diamonds International got a place yet?

Count on it. :D !!!

Yes, it likely is another Grand Turk, Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay type location. We like them. :o

Yes, it likely is another Grand Turk, Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay type location.
The best thing about ports like this is that they provide an excellent reason for staying on board the ship - especially if everyone else on the ship likes to get off there.

Is going to the Caribbean supposed to be a cultural experience? I go for the weather because I get so sick of the cold. If you don't enjoy it, there are plenty of alternatives. Why complain? I have zero interest in going to Europe but I would never go on a thread about it and complain about it.

The only cruiseline port that I've been to so far was Costa Maya, which I hated. We could not get through the place quick enough and into a cab to Majahual to spend the day at a great little privately owned beach bar. Cozumel was a similar experience, but I'm not sure that port was built by the cruiselines. I am not a fan of the cruiseline built ports at all.

I love the Caribbean for places like Tortola, St Maarten, Aruba and Key West. I don't love the idea of a Caribbean shopping mall.

Edited by jaguarstyper

The only cruiseline port that I've been to so far was Costa Maya, which I hated. We could not get through the place quick enough and into a cab to Majahual to spend the day at a great little privately owned beach bar. Cozumel was a similar experience, but I'm not sure that port was built by the cruiselines. I am not a fan of the cruiseline built ports at all.

I love the Caribbean for places like Tortola, St Maarten, Aruba and Key West. I don't love the idea of a Caribbean shopping mall.

And the prices are higher than when you get to shop in the towns and there is competition among the vendors.

Is going to the Caribbean supposed to be a cultural experience? I go for the weather because I get so sick of the cold. If you don't enjoy it, there are plenty of alternatives. Why complain? I have zero interest in going to Europe but I would never go on a thread about it and complain about it.

I agree. We are in the Caribbean first, second and third for weather. :) Everything else comes after that. I don't expect culture, art and history in the same way I do in Europe..... same for shopping.

We go to enjoy the beautiful blue water, the weather and some interesting food in some of the ports.

[

And the prices are higher than when you get to shop in the towns and there is competition among the vendors.

Shop for what? In the cruise line created ports, I have yet to see anything beyond a small souvenir trinket or cap/t shirt to buy. :confused: We really don't need competive pricing for small trinkets or t shirts.

I hope I haven't missed out on buying some treasures there but I can't imagine what.