What's your Fav. Credit Card?

I know the option out there, are vast!

Right now, My husband and I both have a Capital One card- and we just get the cash back. I'm not even sure how much % is it that we earn. I just trasnfer funds we've earned every month or so.

I'm in the process of paying off my Epic cruise, we have booked in December- and it got me to thinking, is there a better card to rack up more $$ or better "deals" out there.

We cruise 2X per year (as a family).

I pay the CC off evey month, so we never carry a balance.

So I'm curious to here, what others use to get the most "free" or discounted deals- whether that's "stuff", services, or Cash back.

Thanks!

I have a card that gives me double points for grocery stores and pharmacies and triple points for travel related purchases. The points can be turned into a variety of things including cash. Don't think I can name the company because it has a travel agency but think of the large US roadside assistance company. You don't have to be a member to use the travel agency but think you might to get the card.

I use my Marriott card and really like it. I do a lot of single night and weekend trips with dd (for competitions).

The credit card is $85 but you get one night free in a category 1-5 hotel. Last year I earned 3 extra free nights on top of 10k in points, in addition to the regular points you earn from stays and dollars on the credit card.

This year I have already earned 3 free nights and am working on a promotion for more nights. I am utilizing my "free night" (the one for paying the annual fee) at a San Francisco hotel before our flight that would have cost me $279 before taxes.

Being a credit card holder gets me a head start on gold status as well.

Last year my free nights were worth bout $500.

It definitely works for me. I am not using my points I am accumulating as I am saving for a Hawaii trip with my family. I just "spend" the extra reward nights.

I have the platinum rewards card from PenFed. 5% on Gas, 3% on groceries and 1% on everything else. No annual fee and no foreign currency fees. I also have an NCL card I use for anything NCL and any items that would only get the 1% on the PenFed card or anything I can buy online with their bonus points.

Capital one is the best, you can get 1% cash back. Getting the cash back is not a good idea because if you use your points towards any type of travel they double that to 2%. Go on Cap One site and learn how to use the points toward travel. When they say travel it is any kind of travel. You use your card to purchase and when the bill comes you pay off the travel with your points. Hotels cruises, rent a car, any purchases on a ship. I use my card a lot and get a free cruise every year. Just pay it off every month or its not worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

My United Airline card. Where I live United is always one of the cheaper flights but all the airlines have credit cards attached to them now. By using the card to buy my tickets I don't have to pay luggage fees. My bags also get red, "priority bag" tags placed on them so they are put on top and are always the first off the plane. In addition, I get to use all of the "priority" fast lines at check-in, going through security, and boarding the plane. I still get reward points for everything else I buy that can be used for travel or anything else. Since I find the flight to be the worst part of traveling, it's nice to make it as comfortable as possible so I'd rather use the airline card and get my perks and savings there rather than saving on the cruise itself with a cruise card (and I don't use the same cruise line all the time anyway). I get double or triple points on my United credit card too when I book my cruise if I book it through the United Airlines TA.

Edited by delily

• 2 weeks later...

American Express preferred cash card is pretty good. 6% on groceries (up to $6000 per year then 1%), 3% gas and dept stores and 1% on everything else. has a $75 fee per year but for me it's a better option than the regular cash card 3% groceries 2% gas and dept stores and 1% everything else. + amex customer service is pretty good

• 2 weeks later...

If you travel outside the USA be sure that you have a card with no international transaction fee.

Canadians can get the Amazon.ca Visa card. No annual fee, no international transaction fee and 1 percent cash back

If you travel outside the USA be sure that you have a card with no international transaction fee.

Keith

Also one that is a PIN & Chip card. They are much easier to use overseas and in some cases the old fashioned American cards do not work.

DON

Keith

Also one that is a PIN & Chip card. They are much easier to use overseas and in some cases the old fashioned American cards do not work.

DON

Bank of America has a new BankAmericard Travel Card

Visa, with chip and pin technology

no annual fee

no foreign transaction fees

1.5% on all net purchases, credit towards travel expenses

no expiration date on points

$100 sign up bonus

• 5 weeks later...
Bank of America has a new BankAmericard Travel Card

Visa, with chip and pin technology

no annual fee

no foreign transaction fees

1.5% on all net purchases, credit towards travel expenses

no expiration date on points

$100 sign up bonus

I have this card and I am pretty sure it's a chip and signature card, not chip and pin. If I am incorrect, I would love to hear that it is chip and pin now. I hear they are getting chip and pin cards next year.

That being said, I like this card. I used to get the cruiseline card, the airline card, the specific hotel card... but often they don't work out where or when I need them to. For example, I have tons of Hilton and Marriott points, but there is none in the area of Rome I want to be at and they require me to get two rooms for the four of us. I will use my Bank of America points to simply get a refund on my statement for the boutique hotel I am staying at. I can also get credit for gratuities on the cruise, tours, food on the airplane, anything travel related.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the Disney Visa. 1% on everything, 2% on something, gas and all Disney. So when I pay for our Disney cruise, I'll get credit back, and in turn use it towards the cruise.

We use the cc in place of our debit card. ALL transactions, minus Target (I have the red card to save 5%) and Sams (doesn't take visa credit), take place with the Visa. Once a month, I pay it off. We don't carry a balance or buy anything we don't have the money in the bank for. It's strictly for the points.

When I applied, we got a $100 Disney GC. I think they have another deal now if you use your Disney Card to book and pay for a Disney Cruise.

idk if it's the best though, but it works for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a problem with the insurance company that I also used for my points credit card I now need a new card. Free as a bird of them.:rolleyes:

I put up to $10,000 plus a month on this main card, I pay off monthly, I don't like to pay to play, I want Visa, we travel often (thus the big credit card bill), want points that can be used for many airlines/hotels/etc. --not that loyal to any one brand. Anybody seen good to great card deals out there for credit card to apply for next week. Great credit history and score.

Thanks for helping me find a good fit.

Tesco Clubcard Mastercard is great - I spend spend spend on it and collect club card points - which can be spend and pretty much anything. You can double up offers and point to......... my cash back equivalent last year was 4.65%. So in effect they are paying 4.65% to spend using their card.

I just recently got a Visa through the State Department Credit Union. No annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, chip technology. I decided to get it due to our international travel (Australia and NZ in a few months) and my old card company, Wells Fargo, offered nothing even close to this one.

Joining the credit union was easy. I am very happy with this card.

• 1 month later...

BarclayCard Arrival. Provides 2 points per dollar spent on anything. You can book your travel through anyone you want, and apply your points to defray the charges from travel purchases up to 90 days ago. I just got one for myself and they are currently offering 40,000 points bonus if you spend $1,000 within the first 90 days of having the card.

• 1 month later...
I have the platinum rewards card from PenFed. 5% on Gas, 3% on groceries and 1% on everything else. No annual fee and no foreign currency fees. I also have an NCL card I use for anything NCL and any items that would only get the 1% on the PenFed card or anything I can buy online with their bonus points.

I also have the PenFed Platinum reward card. I only use it for gas. They just lowered the reward for gas to 3% back in October.

Edited by Bushmaster225