Heathrow transport issues this weekend (18/19 May)

If anyone is flying on or out of Heathrow this weekend, please note the Piccadilly on the Underground is closed on the Heathrow branch for engineering works.

There are replacement bus service from Ealing Broadway on the Central Line to connect with the Piccadilly, but I think I would suggest using Heathrow Connect to Ealing Broadway and Central Line the rest of the way, rather than the replacement bus.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend

Just to add this: Do remember that Travelcards and Oyster cards are not valid on Heathrow Express trains between Heathrow Central and Paddington, and not valid on Heathrow Connect between Heathrow Central and Hayes and Harlington.

So if you want to use an Oyster while following Cotswold Eagle's advice, you will have to buy a separate ticket for Heathrow to Ealing Broadway, and then use the Oyster from Ealing Broadway onwards. (In theory, you could buy a Heathrow to Hayes and Harlington ticket, get off at Hayes and Harlington, touch in there with the Oyster, and then continue your journey. But that's another layer of hassle.)

If you want to use a Travelcard, then I think you can buy a separate ticket for Heathrow to Hayes and Harlington and then stay on the train because from there you're covered by any valid Travelcard.

Thanks for this information, I'm going to share this with my roll call . We arrive the 18th but already have a private transportation booked.
Please note that this information concerns this weekend, ie 18-19 May 2013.

Archived