Royal Princess balcony which deck is the best?

blc6

Unlike other Princess ships it doesn't appear as though there's much difference for regular balcony cabins along the sides of the ship. Caribe Deck balconies appear to be the same size as balconies on other decks. Balconies at the stern may or may not be larger...we won't know until we get reports back from early cruisers in June.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Lew

What Lew has said is true. In addition I would suggest that you study the deck plans and review what's above, below and adjacent to any room you are considering booking. Best to avoid active public spaces like being under pools, dining and entertainment venues. Consider the placement of the stateroom forward vs aft and distance to elevators/stairs. Compare this to where you anticipate spending most of your time and the most efficient way to get to those places from your stateroom (also look at the deck/level in this regard). Most folks here don't find that being near the elevator bays or across from passenger laundry rooms are more noisy. Rooms adjacent or near to doors that lead to open decks can be subject to slamming doors, and rooms across from spaces where stewards enter/exit with their carts or baggage are also noisy (typically locate just behind elevator bays because the crew elevators are there).

I personally like aft of center and just above the promenade deck. That said the new Royal makes my choice challenging for a mini. I'm just aft of center but higher than I prefer on Aloha (between two decks of staterooms). Should be a good location to walk to aft elevators for easy access to Traditional Dining Room on 6 and Horizon Court or to walk forward to mid-ship elevators for the Atrium or main pool and outdoor walk to Sanctuary. :)

"Best" can vary from person to person. Some like to be higher, some like to be lower. Some don't want to be near the pool/entertainment/dining and some do. From all that has been visible so far, the cabins don't seem to vary based on the deck as much as other ships. As others have said, we'll know more in a few weeks. Enjoy your cruise.

Ann

Trying to plan 2014 Canada New England on the Royal but wasn't sure about what deck would be best for a balcony? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you for starting this thread. I was also looking at this same cruise and became so frustrated with almost every aspect of the planning.

Starting from flying in and out of Quebec to get to the ship. But that is another story. I think the Royal is only doing round trips from NYC?

I did view some of the posted pictures of the Royal. I am trying to visual the Emerald Deck obstructed balconies. Then it dawned on me that the decks are not staggered. That meant that every balcony was directly above the next. And none would be able to view the water below. Please correct me if I am incorrect, but it seems like, if you look over the railing, you will see the orange top of the life boat tender from every deck. No longer will you be able to look over the side and see water (as you could with the Dolphin Deck staterooms on other ships).

I saw there were a few bumpouts with the mini-suites. Does that mean that their balconies are over the life boats?

I guess I will wait to book my New England Cruise until someone posts either a review or live threads from the new Royal.

One more side note. Does it seem like the Royal will have a few more "paid" restaurants and bars? Like the seafood bar? I liked the concept of more tables and chairs overlooking the Piazza, but then saw that they were part of several new bar venues.

Help, someone needs to sell me on the Royal. I know there are lots of you out there.

Thank you for starting this thread. I was also looking at this same cruise and became so frustrated with almost every aspect of the planning.

Starting from flying in and out of Quebec to get to the ship. But that is another story. I think the Royal is only doing round trips from NYC?

I did view some of the posted pictures of the Royal. I am trying to visual the Emerald Deck obstructed balconies. Then it dawned on me that the decks are not staggered. That meant that every balcony was directly above the next. And none would be able to view the water below. Please correct me if I am incorrect, but it seems like, if you look over the railing, you will see the orange top of the life boat tender from every deck. No longer will you be able to look over the side and see water (as you could with the Dolphin Deck staterooms on other ships).

I saw there were a few bumpouts with the mini-suites. Does that mean that their balconies are over the life boats?

I guess I will wait to book my New England Cruise until someone posts either a review or live threads from the new Royal.

One more side note. Does it seem like the Royal will have a few more "paid" restaurants and bars? Like the seafood bar? I liked the concept of more tables and chairs overlooking the Piazza, but then saw that they were part of several new bar venues.

Help, someone needs to sell me on the Royal. I know there are lots of you out there.

Take some time to read this thread as all of your questions will be answered. And if this doesn't sell you on Royal Princess, then wait a couple of months until the actual reviews come back then decide. :D

Everything ROYAL PRINCESS

:D

Take some time to read this thread as all of your questions will be answered. And if this doesn't sell you on Royal Princess, then wait a couple of months until the actual reviews come back then decide. :D

Everything ROYAL PRINCESS

:D

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I will try to keep up with that thread. I want to...sure hope it happens.

So fun. Went to my iPad and downloaded all the pages on the Royal Forum using InstaPaper App. Now I will be able to catch up on all the posts when I am without internet service.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I will try to keep up with that thread. I want to...sure hope it happens.

Hi cr8tiv1!

Keeping up won't be a problem since shortly after her Inaugural Voyage I'm sure the thread will be 'history', and replaced with actual experiences, reviews, and pictures from real passengers.

If you start at the very beginning, and read about 10 pages a day, you'll be done with the whole thread in less than two weeks, or about the time she will be in transit to Southampton. And you'll see and appreciate all of the hard work and effort that so many have put into that thread from Day 1. :D

When the booking started last year, i was in such a hurry to book, I did not spend alot

of time worrying about where I was. I booked the Riveria, because I did not want to

be under the lido deck. I booked aft opposite aft elevators.

We are on the TA. I am sure it will be fine.

Greg

When the booking started last year, i was in such a hurry to book, I did not spend alot

of time worrying about where I was. I booked the Riveria, because I did not want to

Greg

Hi Greg!

It sounds like a great location! A quick jump up to the Lido for breakfast in the morning and a nice walk at the end of the day back from the Princess Theater or Movies Under the Stars. And not too far from the self serve laundry in case you need to freshen up some items. :D

Greg

Hi Greg,

I will be looking forward to hearing your review of the Royal Princess. Are your parents traveling with you again?

Sure hope we someday sail on the same voyage.

Aloha, Renee

...I did view some of the posted pictures of the Royal. I am trying to visual the Emerald Deck obstructed balconies. Then it dawned on me that the decks are not staggered. That meant that every balcony was directly above the next. And none would be able to view the water below. Please correct me if I am incorrect, but it seems like, if you look over the railing, you will see the orange top of the life boat tender from every deck. No longer will you be able to look over the side and see water (as you could with the Dolphin Deck staterooms on other ships)...

That is the one thing that really bugged me about my recent Solstice cruise - you could not look down and directly see the ocean. Even the aft cabins looked down on each other and had a wide metal plank instead of the ocean. I didn't realize how much I'd miss that connection with the sea. Guess I'll have to really look carefully on the Royal to get the downward view of the ocean.

Archived