Aqua Class Shower Design is Defective

celem

Noticed the same problem on the M-class AQ cabins but don't have any problems with the S-class AQ. It seemed like they tried too hard to fit an AQ cabin into too small of an area on the M-class. Our balcony (deck 11 - the added cabins) was even much smaller than the S-class. Not that it is bad per say, just different.

We were in an AQ room on deck 11 on the Summit in May. We had absolutely no leakage or drainage problems in the shower. It sounds as though individual rooms may have problems, possibly due to incorrect installation of the shower doors. It needs to be corrected.

For real bathroom flooding on a regular basis, take a Princess cruise! They have teeny tiny showers with shower curtains that do little to contain the water, but do like to be up close and personal with you when you shower (I speak from first hand experience). Frequent Princess cruisers have all sorts of tips for trying to tame the shower curtain and minimize the water that ends up on the floor.

In any case, leaky shower doors are not acceptable, and Celebrity should address this problem ASAP.

It is quite possible that the new shower doors were measured and properly fit in the new cabins added to the M-class ships on deck 11. The shower doors do not fit properly on the Millenium on deck 9 (from personal experience) and they don't fit correctly on the other M-class ships as reported here by others.

Did not have any of those problems on the Solstice. Shower worked perfectly. The shower door in those pics looks different though.
Same experience on the Solstice. Shower worked great and did not experience any build up of water in the shower or on the bathroom floor.

I hope that Celebrity reads these posts as the the design of the showers in Aqua Class is defective. I have attached a PDF with photos that explain the problem. This experience is with Millennium-class ships - I don't know if it is the same in the Solstice-class ships.

I polled a number of Aqua Class passengers in both deck 9 renovated cabins and in the new cabins on deck 11. The problems are universal – present in all cabins.

1. When you shower in an Aqua Class shower, you will have to do so while while standing in ankle deep water. This wasn't a problem with the previous shower heads so I assume that the drains just cannot handle the increased flow of the new Hansgrohe shower panel.
  2. When you shower in an Aqua Class shower the bathroom floor is usually flooded unless you prop the doors in just a certain way (see photos in attachment). The door design is defective and while there is a rubber sweep on the door bottom, it does not reach the sill – there is a half-inch gap and water flows over the flat sill into the bathroom. The problem would be eliminated if either the sill were inclined towards the shower or if the rubber sweep actually met and sealed to the sill.

We had no problem with the drain in our AQ shower on the Infinity. When you have drainage problems on board, a call to guest relations will usually solve the problem.

Yes, the shower doors leak. Get an extra towel and put it down. Problem solved.

First, the Solstice Class ships have a great shower setup, with no problems.

We were in 1107 on the Infinity, and yes we had problems with the water leaking through the doors into the bathroom. We had zero build up of water in the shower. We would go down to the pool deck and pick up an extra towel each day and use it to absorb the over flow of water. Our cabin stewart indicated it was a problem in most cabins on deck 11.

The problem stems from the fact that the solid doors close at the center point of the shower rise. This rise does not slope back towards the shower, so half the water moves into the bathroom and half goes back into the shower.

I really think it wouldn't be that hard of a fix. Just add a curved plexiglass piece at the shower side bottom of each door, so the water would drain back into the shower.

NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!

Kel:)

For real bathroom flooding on a regular basis, take a Princess cruise! They have teeny tiny showers with shower curtains that do little to contain the water, but do like to be up close and personal with you when you shower (I speak from first hand experience). Frequent Princess cruisers have all sorts of tips for trying to tame the shower curtain and minimize the water that ends up on the floor.

Celebrity has those same a$$ grabber curtains on some of their ships also.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived