Live in UK Book in US?

kruzgal

I started a thread on this topic a while back but I can't find it. I know you can't mention TA names but if you live in the UK and have used a US TA (that accepts bookings without a US address) I would be grateful if you could pm me the details. I have seen a really good offer on a cruise this summer that I would like to book but it would cost me £2000 more to book in the UK so I want to try booking in the US if possible. Thanks :)

Will do.

The cruise I have seen leaves within the next 6 weeks so we will have to pay in full (so no concerns about fluctuating exchange rates). We have never booked this way before but feel so tempted......I would just feel happier with a recommended TA.

Did you try to research the company on google?

We have to book way in advance but if you can book closer to the time I guess it's much easier to find a great deal :)

Hope you have a fantastic time :D

Thanks again

Andrea

Can't you use one of the TAs that are listed on CC under the 'find a cruise' heading? Just ensure you change to the US site (see icon at the bottom of that home page) and see if any of them show the deal you are after. I'm sure they list offers from several different companies.

I would have thought that any US cruise agent would be happy to deal with UK based customers-business is business and everything can be done with e-mail if you don't want to call the US.

Certain cruise lines prohibit US agents taking bookings from UK based customers but Celebrity does not currently prohibit this. I have used 2 different (large) US cruise agents and I think they even have a toll free number to call then from the UK.

If it was allowed, I would post the names of the companies I have used without any problems:(

I started a thread on this topic a while back but I can't find it. I know you can't mention TA names but if you live in the UK and have used a US TA (that accepts bookings without a US address) I would be grateful if you could pm me the details. I have seen a really good offer on a cruise this summer that I would like to book but it would cost me £2000 more to book in the UK so I want to try booking in the US if possible. Thanks :)

Hi,

I am sure I have seen email addresses posted on this site where they have left out the relevant dots. If you can get around this and post yours, I would love to give you some US TA's which we have used successfully and one in particular I will steer you well clear of!!!!!

Hi,

I am sure I have seen email addresses posted on this site where they have left out the relevant dots. If you can get around this and post yours, I would love to give you some US TA's which we have used successfully and one in particular I will steer you well clear of!!!!!

Doing it this way won't circumvent the Cruise Critic guidelines. Email requests aren't allowed either. From the guidelines:

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

There are ways to find out US travel agency names, but Cruise Critic isn't the place to do it unfortunately. A good "Google" is your best bet.

Phil

I purchased "FODORS - COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE CARIBBEAN" - Inside is a list of some of the best Cruise TA's in the USA - Also last minute on-line dealers.

A short e-mail asking a question will give a short answer that may make you smile.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone but I have managed to track some down that I feel happy with. There is a lot of money to be saved - we just have to decide which cabin to go for and book the flights. Will probably do it this evening when hubby is home - with USA being 5 hours behind us they will still be open so we can sort it later. Such a shame they aren't more flexible on these boards, but I guess money talks!

Why don't you place a post on the uk website moneysavingexpert and I am sure many like minded people will respond

Archived