Question about Mongolian or "Yangtze" Wok

Pellaz

I'm a little confused as to which ships still have the Mongolian Wok stations and which ships have had them removed...and whether the "Yangtze Wok" stations listed are basically the same thing.

I was on Imagination in early 2012 and Liberty in October and I loved the Mongolian Wok option offered on them. Yes, sometimes there was a long line but the fresh-cooked food was great.

Then I heard (here on CC) that Carnival was ditching the concept completely on all ships and replacing it with a "Comfort Food" station. Pharaoh was not pleased. :)

I've seen references to a "Yangtze Wok" on some current ship deck-plans, including Victory (my next cruise), and I've seen people mentioning the Mongolian Wok in some recent ship reviews.

Is that a different (maybe smaller?) incarnation, or is it basically the same concept? Which ships have either?

What is the comfort station? And where would one find it on the Glory for instance?

Its part of the buffet- opened at lunch times only.

Looking at the deck plans Using the aft elevator == walk on the star board side forward-- stopping before you are heading out to the pool area-- it will be in that area-- if you turn left the comfort station will be on the right side of that area...

There was nothing I liked there that I could not get at home-- (meat loaf, etc.not when there was a Guys Burger calling to me

I believe all the ships that have received their 2.0 upgrades have lost the Wok and received the Comfort Station. This was the case on the Glory about 2 weeks ago.

Breeze had the MW ,but the lines were long ,Several groups were even filling several bowls for others sitting at the tables .

What is the comfort station? And where would one find it on the Glory for instance?

On the Glory, it is at the front of the buffet near the main pool. I saw mostly cheese and rools there in the mornings and desserts during lunch.

I believe all the ships that have received their 2.0 upgrades have lost the Wok and received the Comfort Station. This was the case on the Glory about 2 weeks ago.

That's not true of all ships. Both the Liberty and the Dream had the mongolian wok post 2.0 upgrades.

I'm a little confused as to which ships still have the Mongolian Wok stations and which ships have had them removed...and whether the "Yangtze Wok" stations listed are basically the same thing.

I've seen references to a "Yangtze Wok" on some current ship deck-plans, including Victory (my next cruise), and I've seen people mentioning the Mongolian Wok in some recent ship reviews.

Is that a different (maybe smaller?) incarnation, or is it basically the same concept? Which ships have either?

To answer your question, there is no Mongolian Wok on the Carnival Victory. Yangtze Wok is just a window in the Lido restaurant serving Chinese food.

That's not true of all ships. Both the Liberty and the Dream had the mongolian wok post 2.0 upgrades.

Which is why I said "I believe" and not "this is written in stone". Actually, I would be very happy if I am wrong as I will be on the Liberty in 18 days and truly missed the Wok on the Glory. You'll definitely see me standing in line if they still have it on the Liberty.

So what is this mysterious "Yangtze Wok" critter and how does it work? Do they do stir-fry, or do they slop some chow mein onto a plate? :)

Is the comfort food buffet area really called the "Comfort Station"? That does not bring a good image to my mind. :p

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that too. :o

Does Liberty still have the Mongolian Wok? It had it back in October but I thought it was slated for removal. :(

So what is this mysterious "Yangtze Wok" critter and how does it work? Do they do stir-fry, or do they slop some chow mein onto a plate? :) :(

It has a various menu each lunch. spring rolls one day, shrimp rolls anotherl.

they do not stir fry. Its set menu. Mongolian beef, broccali and chicken some day. Like I said== menu is always different.

On some ships they do not have this station--- but this is where the omelet station is in the morning.

(Glory is one)

It has a various menu each lunch. spring rolls one day, shrimp rolls anotherl.

they do not stir fry. Its set menu. Mongolian beef, broccali and chicken some day. Like I said== menu is always different.

On some ships they do not have this station--- but this is where the omelet station is in the morning.

(Glory is one)

Thanks for the info. It's not stir-fry...but it's better than nothin'.

We are going on the Fantasy next month and was wondering if the Mongolian Wok is still available. We used it on the Freedom last year and loved it. The lines are long but I think it's worth the wait.

Me, too, long lines and all. Out here in the real world I'm used to longish lines at stir fry-only restaurants (Genghis Grill, The Real Chow Baby), so I really don't mind waiting for freshly prepared stir-fry.

Re the Fantasy, the deck plans appear to indicate she DOES have a "Mongolian/Rotisserie Grill." :)

The simple approach to these types of questions is to look at the venue on Carnival's site. For the Mongolian Wok: just click on read more and it will show you all the ships which have that venue. Also it will give you a date for any ship that will have it in the near future. You'll also note that some of these ships have had the 2.0 upgrade.

:):):):)

Inspiration had Mongolian Wok a few weeks ago. I like it too but the line was like 45 minutes long. Never had any. I don't think Glory had it a couple months ago but had the guys burgers and burrito bar which are efficient and delicous. Much prefer the latter.

This isn't necessarily an either/or situation as the Carnival Liberty has all of them: guys burgers, blue iguana cantina, and the mongolian wok...(and was the first for the 2.0 upgrade).

:):):):)

Valor has the Mongolian Wok.

!

Yes! I saw it on their recent Fun Times shared by a CC member. Mongolian Wok is my favorite and I dont mind waiting in line for it. Its one of the healthier options of quick service food! I would be unhappy too seeing one of the only healthier options replaced with more fattening crap. I know most people dont feel that way but I do!

The simple approach to these types of questions is to look at the venue on Carnival's site. For the Mongolian Wok: just click on read more and it will show you all the ships which have that venue. Also it will give you a date for any ship that will have it in the near future. You'll also note that some of these ships have had the 2.0 upgrade.

:):):)

This isn't necessarily an either/or situation as the Carnival Liberty has all of them: guys burgers, blue iguana cantina, and the mongolian wok...(and was the first for the 2.0 upgrade).

:):)

The Mongolian Wok has been removed on the Glory and Conquest, because of 2.0. The Mongolian Wok was outside on these ships in the same place as where Guy's is now.

Archived