Question about Mongolian or "Yangtze" Wok

Pellaz

The Mongolian Wok has been removed on the Glory and Conquest, because of 2.0. The Mongolian Wok was outside on these ships in the same place as where Guy's is now.

I thought the Mongolian Grill was inside-- (where the comfort station is now)

this is a big componet on why it was removed...creating huge lines with bottlenecks right before an exit.

It was also stating the Grill caused a great deal of smoke-although i never seen them

where Guys burgers is-- is where the burger grill was

I thought the Mongolian Grill was inside-- (where the comfort station is now)

this is a big componet on why it was removed...creating huge lines with bottlenecks right before an exit.

It was also stating the Grill caused a great deal of smoke-although i never seen them

where Guys burgers is-- is where the burger grill was

Not on the Glory or Conquest. The Mongolian Wok was outside.

The simple approach to these types of questions is to look at the venue on Carnival's site. For the Mongolian Wok: just click on read more and it will show you all the ships which have that venue. Also it will give you a date for any ship that will have it in the near future. You'll also note that some of these ships have had the 2.0 upgrade.

:):):):)

Nice.

And the "Yangtze Wok" is shown on....what part of the website? It doesn't appear under Dining Experiences.

Ditto for Fish'n'Chips, Pizza Pirate, and the "Comfort Menu" station....

EDIT: there IS a mention of the "pizzeria" under Casual Dining, but it also says you can get calzones there, and that is not the case with the newer pizza stations.

Weird: I'd heard that the Mongolian Wok HAD been dropped from Liberty after our cruise in October, but the website says it's still there.....

Nice.

And the "Yangtze Wok" is shown on....what part of the website? It doesn't appear under Dining Experiences.

EDIT: there IS a mention of the "pizzeria" under Casual Dining, but it also says you can get calzones there, and that is not the case with the newer pizza stations.

Weird: I'd heard that the Mongolian Wok HAD been dropped from Liberty after our cruise in October, but the website says it's still there.....

I'll be on her in 10 days so I'll let you know after I return.

Nice.

Despite what you have been advised, the Carnival web site (which leaves much to be desired from a web designer/developer's POV) is not always a source for up to date information. For instance the Splendor still has a cigar bar listed, that has not been used as a cigar bar for some time - probably getting a lot of cigar smokers all excited about having a place to smoke a nice stogie :D

I've found that recent cruisers on the ship you are interested in are the best sources. I've been asking questions on every Splendor post since she moved to NYC. Probably best to do that for the ship you are interested in.

Just as an aside - the Splendor does have a Mongolian Wok on the Lido deck near the forward pool. And I've heard the lines are long! :cool:

I'll be on her in 10 days so I'll let you know after I return.

YOU rule. I'm more concerned about Victory since I'm sailing on her in October.........but Liberty is sailing a nicer longer itinerary the same week and who knows? I can always switch. :)

Despite what you have been advised, the Carnival web site (which leaves much to be desired from a web designer/developer's POV) is not always a source for up to date information.

This is an understatement. Carnival's astonishingly poor website is, in some ways its own worst enemy.

I've found that recent cruisers on the ship you are interested in are the best sources. I've been asking questions on every Splendor post since she moved to NYC. Probably best to do that for the ship you are interested in.

Just as an aside - the Splendor does have a Mongolian Wok on the Lido deck near the forward pool. And I've heard the lines are long! :cool:

Agreed about asking recent cruisers for their experiences. It's for that sort of intel alone that CruiseCritic earns its stripes.

Sounds like Splendor might have the Wok in roughly the same place as Imagination does (or did). One longish line which then went to three or four grilling stations, so it wasn't as bad as it seemed at first glance.

YOU rule. I'm more concerned about Victory since I'm sailing on her in October.........but Liberty is sailing a nicer longer itinerary the same week and who knows? I can always switch. :)

The Carnival Victory does not have a Mongolian Wok. The Yangtze Wok is a window serving Chinese food with a different menu each day.

Sounds like Splendor might have the Wok in roughly the same place as Imagination does (or did). One longish line which then went to three or four grilling stations, so it wasn't as bad as it seemed at first glance.

Thanks! That sounds better and makes sense!

I believe all the ships that have received their 2.0 upgrades have lost the Wok and received the Comfort Station. This was the case on the Glory about 2 weeks ago.

Some kept both. I really missed the Mongolian Wok on the Glory last week, but at least I knew ahead of time that it was gone. The nice thing is, they extended the size of the pool with the space they saved by switching to Guy's Burgers & The Burrito Bar. I thought the Burrito Bar was excellent. Guy's Burgers was good too, but IMO it was the toppings bar that made the burgers so good. However, I seem to be in the minority on this one. Most people rave about the burgers.

For a list of which ships have Mongolian Wok or many other specific features, go to Carnival's website, click on Cruising 101, then Onboard Experiences. From there, click on the pic of the activity you are interested in, then Explore. Finally, click on Read more. It will tell you what ships have it currently & what ships will be adding it & when.

Bummer....just checked this myself for the BlueIguana Cantina & found out it is not on the Dream, nor is it slated to be.

Nice.

On Carnival.com, it is only shown on the Carnival Victory Deck Plans (Lido Deck)...and you'll have to ZOOM IN to see it in the Buffet Area. :):):):)

Is the comfort food buffet area really called the "Comfort Station"? That does not bring a good image to my mind. :p

I believe rest could be substituted for comfort, and room could be substituted for station. lol. :):):):)

Nice.

The Fish'n'Chips, Pizza Pirate, and the "Comfort Menu" station can be found on this page (link below), but the name for the Pizza Pirate is referred to as Pizzeria, and the name for the Comfort Station is referred to as Comfort Kitchen:

Carnival Cruise Lines Food Available by Cruise Ship Carnival Cruise Ship Codes Below:

BR CQ DR EC EL FA FD FS GL IM IS LE LI MC MI PA PR SE SH SL SP TI VA VI

I assume that this page is kept updated, as the abbreviation DE for the Carnival Destiny has been removed from the page since the last time I looked at it.

Carnival Cruise Ship Abbreviations (Code)...a lot of these are somewhat obvious, but not all:

BR Breeze,

CQ Conquest,

DR Dream,

EL Elation,

EC Ecstasy,

FA Fantasy,

FD Freedom,

FS Fascination,

GL Glory,

IM Imagination,

IS Inspiration,

LE Legend,

LI Liberty,

MC Magic,

MI Miracle,

PA Paradise,

SE Sensation,

SH Sunshine,

SL Splendor,

SP Spirit,

TI Triumph,

VA Valor,

VI Victory

Hi Pellaz

Just saw your post and had to investigate since I remember being served from a window that offered Chinese food on the Triumph. I went to a website that gives details of all ships floor plans...to remain nameless here... and found that on the Triumph it was called the Hong Kong Noodle Company which has to be the same as Yantze Mongolian on the Victory. I really enjoyed the food from that little window. It's an OK substitute for the Mongolian Wok, I guess. By the way, I always enjoyed the Wok until the Paradise cruise we took in February. I was so disappointed to see that the serving dishes with all the great veggies were empty and not getting filled and that there was virtually no sauce added to the dish we ordered.

See ya on 10/14 and looking forward to meeting you, then.

Hi Pellaz

Just saw your post and had to investigate since I remember being served from a window that offered Chinese food on the Triumph. I went to a website that gives details of all ships floor plans...to remain nameless here... and found that on the Triumph it was called the Hong Kong Noodle Company which has to be the same as Yantze Mongolian on the Victory. I really enjoyed the food from that little window. It's an OK substitute for the Mongolian Wok, I guess. By the way, I always enjoyed the Wok until the Paradise cruise we took in February. I was so disappointed to see that the serving dishes with all the great veggies were empty and not getting filled and that there was virtually no sauce added to the dish we ordered.

See ya on 10/14 and looking forward to meeting you, then.

Fighterone, Since you chose your board name as Fighterone, I'm sure you told somebody to straighten out the problem...because it was obviously affecting everyone being served. lol :):):):)

Fighterone, Since you chose your board name as Fighterone, I'm sure you told somebody to straighten out the problem...because it was obviously affecting everyone being served. lol :):):):)

Nope! I didn't. For once, I kept my mouth shut...LOL!:D

This is an understatement. Carnival's astonishingly poor website is, in some ways its own worst enemy.

Agreed about asking recent cruisers for their experiences. It's for that sort of intel alone that CruiseCritic earns its stripes.

I am extremely happy to report that even with the 2.0 upgrades on the Liberty, she still carries the Mongolian Wok inside at it's normal location. :cool:

I am extremely happy to report that even with the 2.0 upgrades on the Liberty, she still carries the Mongolian Wok inside at it's normal location. :cool:

Wow, awesome. I was sure it was being removed not long after my sailing; in fact that news was reported here on CC.

It was a two-sided arrangement when I was onboard back in October, with two 'assembly lines' on each side meeting in the middle at the grilling stations.

Wow, awesome. I was sure it was being removed not long after my sailing; in fact that news was reported here on CC.

It was a two-sided arrangement when I was onboard back in October, with two 'assembly lines' on each side meeting in the middle at the grilling stations.

Yes, they still have the two assembly lines for the Wok, it still takes a long time, and it still tastes great! In the morning, this is where they make the omelets and then for lunch, the Wok.

Archived