Mykonos transfer queation

Explorer's mom

We are visiting Mykonos on the second week of June on the Celebrity Reflection. I understand that they provide (paid) transportation to Mykonos Town via a shuttle. My question is, does the shuttle run continuously? In other words every x minutes, or do they have a timetable that they give you. I'll appreciate your response.

It will depend on whether you are docked or tendering. If tendering, the tenders drop you right in town and there is no need for a shuttle. We were told it is first come for the docking spots.

We were docked on the Crown Princess and the shuttle was run by Mykonos. It ran continously.

Reflection docked in Mykonos during may 6 sailing. Shuttle bus began at 830 and cost $8. For round trip pass. It ran continuously about every 15 minutes to and from the bus stop area on the outskirts of the town area. From the bus stop it was about a 5-10 minute walk into the town area and in my opinion was well worth the cost.

• 1 month later...

On the same subject, since I am new to cruises, how much does the tendering cost (each way) and does it run continuously? I am thinking of going to the beach in the morning, go back to the ship to get changed or take a nap and then go out again exploring the Mykonos town, etc, just wonder if this "tactics" is too much hassle or is too pricey. The same would apply to Santorini. The planning is totally different if I know once I am out I am out for the whole day.

Any advices would be much appreciated!!

PS I have been to Mykonos and Santorini already so I am just thinking to relax a bit there instead of having to rush to see all the must-see sites.

On the same subject, since I am new to cruises, how much does the tendering cost (each way) and does it run continuously? I am thinking of going to the beach in the morning, go back to the ship to get changed or take a nap and then go out again exploring the Mykonos town, etc, just wonder if this "tactics" is too much hassle or is too pricey. The same would apply to Santorini. The planning is totally different if I know once I am out I am out for the whole day.

Any advices would be much appreciated!!

PS I have been to Mykonos and Santorini already so I am just thinking to relax a bit there instead of having to rush to see all the must-see sites.

There's no charge for tenders. (not necessarily the same for transfer buses)

Yes, they run all day. And although there's often a delay first-thing because everyone wants to get off the ship at the same time, there's no pressure on the tenders during the day so theoretically you can ride back to the ship for a spell. We did just that in Mykonos, where local boats are employed as tenders rather than ship's own lifeboats - and they're very quick & efficient.

But generally it's a time-consuming bind to return to the ship then go back to shore, so it's rarely a worthwhile exercise.

Most especially true of Santorini.

You know the place.

So you'll know about the stiff climb (or donkeys or cablecar) from the jetty below Fira up to the town.

Once is enough :D

JB :)

Thx JB for your info. Yes I know it would be a hassle going up and down especially in fira. However, having been in santorini and Mykonos a few times now I can't think of anything to do there that can completely occupy my full day ( and you know the summer heat in Greece is not too forgiving as well)

Anyway it is good to know there is now an option of going back and forth to and from the boat during the day then. Thanks a lot.

Archived