NCL- Epic cruising from Rome on 9/4

lovelyseitz

Hello! My husband and I are sailing on the Epic from Sept. 4-11. We depart from Rome and sail to Florence, Provence (Marseille), France, Palma, Majorca, Spain, Barcelona and Naples. We booked one excursion to go to Pompeii while in Naples. For the other ports, we were hoping we could just get off the boat and walk around the other ports. Does anyone know if this is possible? I didn't know if we'd need a transfer from ship to port.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Why not join your Roll Call and see what others are doing in the ports? The only Roll Call that fits your description sails on Sept 1 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1805354

You can also ask general questions on the NCL board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Do you know what ports we'll need transfers to? I studied abroad in Rome so I'm very familiar with the city and know that it takes about an hour from ship to port. I've also been to Barcelona, Naples and Florence but didn't arrive via ship.

Do you know what ports we'll need transfers to? I studied abroad in Rome so I'm very familiar with the city and know that it takes about an hour from ship to port. I've also been to Barcelona, Naples and Florence but didn't arrive via ship.

If you do some research on the Med Ports board, you will see Florence is a ways away from the port at Livorno. Barcelona and Naples you dock right in town.

Archived