The downside of 1-2-3

gregjm

They walk around with their SeaPass card in their hand and stop at every bar :D

Seriously, if you sit at a bar or in a lounge, you know the 1-2-3er's because they order a drink and don't have to sign for it.

Good to see you will be on our cruise after Thanksgiving. Part of my fraternity will be there. We will definitely make a run at hitting each bar!

Good to see you will be on our cruise after Thanksgiving. Part of my fraternity will be there. We will definitely make a run at hitting each bar!

You'll have a great time. The post-thanksgiving cruise is the annual Pied Piper cruise with over 1000 gay men.

We had the drink package on our cruise in April and I did not notice anyone having to much to drink. I might of had two drinks a day so I do not think that everyone drinks to extreme because it was free.

I hope it isn't a test and I am hoping that they bring it back. I have a beverage package in Sept and I am looking to book another cruise in Jan 2014. I am waiting for the 123 and away we go as Jackie Gleason would say.

There will always be people who abuse something and there will always be complainers. Let's have some fun!

We have sailed on several different cruise lines, and on many different itineraries. There have always been a few "characters" (loud, boisterous, obnoxious) on each and every one of our sailings. The most memorable?.... on Seabourne (which has always been all inclusive).

So PLEASE do not think that Celebrity is immune to this type of behavior. It happens.... with or without the beverage packages. :eek:

We had the drink package on our cruise in April and I did not notice anyone having to much to drink. I might of had two drinks a day so I do not think that everyone drinks to extreme because it was free.

If you only had two drinks a day, it would have made much more sense for you to have chosen the OBC.

I hope it isn't a test and I am hoping that they bring it back. I have a beverage package in Sept and I am looking to book another cruise in Jan 2014. I am waiting for the 123 and away we go as Jackie Gleason would say.

There will always be people who abuse something and there will always be complainers. Let's have some fun!

Your post was not a response to an earlier posting, so I guess you did not read post #24, which stated that there have been reports that the cruise you want in Jan of 2014 will be able to contain the free beverage package if you book it sometime between the first and 19th of June.

I have been on 3 cruises in the last few months and all of them qualified for the 123 package.

One was a 5 day Carribean during spring break on the Constellation

One on the Reflection during spring break

One on the Summit to Bermuda.

I had the package on the first 2.

Didn't notice any excessive drinking or drunks. I had a great time on the first two but remember more about the last one. :confused:

I think it is a great promotion and hope that it is continued. I would like to see Celebrity to just include it in the price, that way I wouldn't have to listen to my wife tell me that I don't need it. :D

Whoa; an awful lot of us don't want to be paying for something we don't need thank you!

An online TA ran a Memorial Day sale last week. If you booked a Concierge class room or better, you go the drink package for two plus prepaid gratuities. I don't remember how far out you could book, but we booked the Equinox for 1/31/14.

Getting the drink package was the tipping point for us. We have never sailed on Celebrity but the price looked reasonable and we loved the itinerary. We had a couple of other cruises by Princess and Royal Caribbean under consideration, but this was such a great offer. I read another post stating that Celebrity is using this deal to lure in people who are new to the cruise line.

We won't get drunk but we will definitely take advantage of the opportunity to get good coffees, good waters, slushy pool drinks, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We were on Connie in April and it was a PACKED cruise and we didn't notice any more drunk people than on any other cruise....we chose the drink package for the promo as much for free water, coffees and discounts on wine than anything else....

I am VERY glad to hear they may be bringing it back next month!!!:)

I have always had the package whether paid for or free and I do not think it makes me drunker when it is free. That said, the last couple of cruises that I have been on (or my friends have) where the 123 promo was in play, we have not seen an increase in the amount of drunk and disorderly people on them. Certainly some people that were well and truely tipsy, perhaps even drunk but not causing a disturbance. I hope that it stays that way and the cruiseline does not become too "fun ship" and stays respectable.:D

Ditto! I was on the May 17th cruise & paid for our drink package. Maybe I didn't notice & increase in drunks because we had a tendency to retire early. We're not party animals but like our variety of wines to match with our food.

There will always be people who will drink as much as they can, and do. This also happens on other lines with the beverage package. It does not matter which line, the overdrinker's are on every line. I saw two women who were very drunk trying to find their cabin on our Century cruise. This was before packages were offered. :)

Just off Eclipse where we had a paid for non alcoholic package and I noticed a huge difference in Cafe Al Bacio compared with previous cruises, it was VERY busy to the point of huge queues and rarely getting a seat. I think this is as direct result of the 123 offer.

I didn't notice any drunks or any problems with anything associated with alcohol, I think if people want a drink on holiday they will have one regardless of package or not but the coffee is different, people won't always pay $4/5 for a coffee.

This is an area we have normally enjoyed on cruises but was too busy this time :(

Just off Eclipse where we had a paid for non alcoholic package and I noticed a huge difference in Cafe Al Bacio compared with previous cruises, it was VERY busy to the point of huge queues and rarely getting a seat. I think this is as direct result of the 123 offer.

I didn't notice any drunks or any problems with anything associated with alcohol, I think if people want a drink on holiday they will have one regardless of package or not but the coffee is different, people won't always pay $4/5 for a coffee.

This is an area we have normally enjoyed on cruises but was too busy this time :(

You are right in saying that the Cafe appeared busier but only at certain times. The mornings (7am-11.30am) and afternoons 2pm -4pm) were always busy. I did notice that the evenings were also busy on my last cruise, whether this was due to the package is only speculation but there was a high numbe rof Aussies onboard so maybe not.:D

If you only had two drinks a day, it would have made much more sense for you to have chosen the OBC.

My husband is a drinker so he enjoyed this benefit. So, it made him happy that I was not counting his drinks all day :)

My husband is a drinker so he enjoyed this benefit. So, it made him happy that I was not counting his drinks all day :)

Cute, fun comment by our "neighbor" in Cincinnati. Overall, this is an interesting thread with a wide range of comments and experiences.

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. We have the 1-2-3-Go drink package. We have a nice and super active roll call going at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614754

Welcome to any who want to join us for this trip and/or travel along via the web as we get prepared for that "adventure".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 6,132 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

I can confirm that we were unable to spend our bucks in the coffee shop due to the long lines waiting. They certainly wouldn't be doing it at $5.50 plus a pop!! We saved our many as we couldn't get near the place.:D:D

There was also much irritation among those passengers who had booked early and once of board, realised that there many late booking guests who paid much less for the same cabins and had free drinks packages. Particularly noticeable at dinner, with some guests paying and some laughing and ordering different wines with courses for free.

I am certainly no longer booking way ahead.....we felt quite cheated. Time some incentives were put in place for early bookings.

I just got off the Silhouette doing Croatia/Italy and didn't notice any overly drunken people. And we are the get up late/stay up late types. Spent a lot of time in all the bars - Sky Lounge (dance techno - yeah!), Quasar, etc. We also didn't notice any lineups at Bacio, but again, we are not the types to be up early unless we had to be for an excursion and always ordered room service those days.

I don't drink but thoroughly enjoyed the "mocktails" and lattes, etc. My DH does drink and he thoroughly enjoyed everything. :D He was never drunk, but he felt pretty good some nights. I could tell because he was doing karaoke LOL.

We never experienced long lines problems. We are on a cruise and never in a rush. We sit down, relax and wait for a server. What is the rush? The drinks will be there, they are not going to run out. I am not driving, and really don't have anywhere to go except to another meal. :D

We have been on cruises where we qualified for the 123 and another where we didn't because of the fare that we paid. We have never been on a cruise where the fares we discussed and never asked anyone what they paid. I don't want to know, and don't care. All it will do is make one party feel bad. I look for great deals like everyone and book what I am comfortable with.

I haven't seen anyone getting drinks and laughing about not having to pay while others had to. I think it is just a perception issue.

The time that we didnt have the 123 drink package while other had it didn't bother me either. I wasn't entitled to it and knew that I wasn't, just like those that get the Elite perks. I am not entitle so I don't feel like the red headed step child.

People just need to enjoy themselves, have another dirink and not be so concerned about the affairs of how others dress, eat, drink, or spend their money.

We never experienced long lines problems. We are on a cruise and never in a rush. We sit down, relax and wait for a server. What is the rush? The drinks will be there, they are not going to run out. I am not driving, and really don't have anywhere to go except to another meal. :D

We have been on cruises where we qualified for the 123 and another where we didn't because of the fare that we paid. We have never been on a cruise where the fares we discussed and never asked anyone what they paid. I don't want to know, and don't care. All it will do is make one party feel bad. I look for great deals like everyone and book what I am comfortable with.

I haven't seen anyone getting drinks and laughing about not having to pay while others had to. I think it is just a perception issue.

The time that we didnt have the 123 drink package while other had it didn't bother me either. I wasn't entitled to it and knew that I wasn't, just like those that get the Elite perks. I am not entitle so I don't feel like the red headed step child.

People just need to enjoy themselves, have another dirink and not be so concerned about the affairs of how others dress, eat, drink, or spend their money.

Well said. If someone is being rude (or enjoying themselves too much), ignore them, don't stress, just remember that you are on a cruise and it really doesn't matter what other people may have got and you didn't.:D

Archived