My Cuba Cruise

Balloon Man

Hi again!

Ron ~ wow that's great that you can fly from Kingston & for less!! Which TA are you thinking of? Do you ever fly out of Syracuse when going to the States? I've used Toronto every time except one trip we went from Ottawa. Everything's far from here!:(

Have a nice evening. ~ Jo ~ :)

Jo, we would normally go through Expedia for flight details and prices but of course they will not handle Havana. So we dealt directly with Air Canada. And by doing so, Kingston is thrown in for a small surcharge eliminating driving to or parking at Toronto. Additional savings.

Yes, we have often used Syracuse for flights with great savings and good service. Now you can also fly out of Watertown if you are going to Chicago and beyond. I did a quick US Air search for Syracuse to Montego Bay for February 2015 and came up with a great price of $380 US. But, and isn't there always a but, they fly you first to Chicago and then on to Charlotte and finally on to Jamaica, resulting in a 14 hour travel day.:( The expression in this case reverses to Money means time.

... Which TA are you thinking of?

~ Jo ~ :)

Sorry Jo, The terms Travel Agent and Trans Atlantic get mixed in my head at times. As to the latter, we are looking at two, Celebrity out of Harwich to Fort Lauderdale, Oct. 13th and Princess, Southampton to Houston, October 14th. Both are fully booked for the accommodation that we prefer and so we are on a waiting list for both. We have only been with Celebrity three times I think and that was ions ago and of course we are Elite with Princess. We would never book both with the view of making a cancellation decision later as some do for that just makes it difficult for others who are trying to get aboard. So we'll take the one that come up first and drop off the waiting list of the other. And if neither? Well, we'll find something for the fall. But having been through the Panama seven times I don't think that could be an alternate...:D

HI all!

Ron ~ yes that's the trouble with flights in the US you seldom seem to get a non stop.

I just got congratulated by CC for reaching my 5000th post!! Now a member of the 5000 club but it took me 7 1/2 years!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Jo, allow us to add our congratulations. I joined CC only four months after you and I'm not even half way there :D

Perhaps Arrow Fan could take advantage of the US Air I spoke of should they be able to fly out of Detroit. From there a hop-over to Chicago is almost nothing while then continuing on down south to Montego Bay. Layovers may make the deal worthwhile. For their information. (FTI?):confused:

To clarify my previous post for $380.US Syracuse to Montego Bay, yes, that was a round trip quote. For those who have the time and patience, a great deal.

Try looking at ticketpilot.ca for flights.

Jo, allow us to add our congratulations. I joined CC only four months after you and I'm not even half way there :D

Perhaps Arrow Fan could take advantage of the US Air I spoke of should they be able to fly out of Detroit. From there a hop-over to Chicago is almost nothing while then continuing on down south to Montego Bay. Layovers may make the deal worthwhile. For their information. (FTI?):confused:

Thanks for the advice. We do intend to fly from Detroit. I'll check it out.

Very Attractive! I have a similar one!

Yes, we are looking good. :D

I paid my deposit this morning but have yet to receive confirmation. Being Easter weekend, I wonder if they will not respond before Tuesday. I had a hold on S1 cabin 6200 and had to make my deposit before Monday, when their office will be closed.

I am very, very excited. Or should I say "Estoy muy, muy emocionada".

Gotta start practicing. :D

Who else is going Feb 16?

We will be in that cabin/suite the week of Jan. 26. We will keep it in good repair!!

Much appreciated. :) Be sure to wave to us on your way out.

We have booked the cruise alone, but are hoping to transfer to a package deal that includes a week in Cuba. It seems there are no packages available yet, so if anyone hears of something, please advise me.

I'd like to hear about packages too. Has anyone been able to buy a week at an AI with air and then shift the air on one way to allow the other week for the cruise?

Also has anyone been able to do just 3-4 days post cruise at an AI or do they all require a week?

Much appreciated. :) Be sure to wave to us on your way out.

We have booked the cruise alone, but are hoping to transfer to a package deal that includes a week in Cuba. It seems there are no packages available yet, so if anyone hears of something, please advise me.

And we burm will be following you. Feel free to leave any surplus in the fridge...:D It will be put to good use...;)

Truthfully, I know nothing about the packages but I do not think you can book one with selecting your own cabin grade other than from what they offer and I'm sure they will not be offering SI, which are likely now fully booked. Hang onto 6200 until you are absolutely sure.

And suite people, do not forget the rubber bands or some form of wedges to place between the many drawers that will swing open and shut during the night as the ship lists to and fro. If you do have something that works, and you would like to leave them behind for the next of us, be sure and tell the cabin steward what you are doing and why.

And suite people, do not forget the rubber bands or some form of wedges to place between the many drawers that will swing open and shut during the night as the ship lists to and fro. If you do have something that works, and you would like to leave them behind for the next of us, be sure and tell the cabin steward what you are doing and why.

Should we sleep with our life jackets on? Does the ship not have stabilizers? :eek:

...I paid my deposit this morning but have yet to receive confirmation. Being Easter weekend, I wonder if they will not respond before Tuesday. I had a hold on S1 cabin 6200 and had to make my deposit before Monday, when their office will be closed...

If you paid on line and with a credit card, the deposit will show on your e-confirmation page at the very bottom. Ours went through immediately representing the confirmation.

Should we sleep with our life jackets on? Does the ship not have stabilizers? :eek:

:D:D:D Yes, the ship has stabilizers but the gentle rocking to and fro that helps put you to sleep at night also allows the drawers to rock to and fro waking you up.... A small rubber band placed between two of the brass door edges prevents them moving.

:D:D:D Yes, the ship has stabilizers but the gentle rocking to and fro that helps put you to sleep at night also allows the drawers to rock to and fro waking you up.... A small rubber band placed between two of the brass door edges prevents them moving.

Consider them packed! I hope that when the time comes, I will remember why the heck I put them with my cruise odds and ends.:D

Did you find that the LC rock 'n' rolled more than other ships? This would actually appeal to me. I still recall wobbly sea legs after disembarking from cruises of long ago. All part of the fun. :)

I also love that people are starting to say to me "So, you are going on a Crystal cruise?" :p

Jo, Feb 16 is very close to Valentine's Day. I have already invented DH to the Tropicana to celebrate.

And we burm will be following you. Feel free to leave any surplus in the fridge...:D It will be put to good use...;)

Truthfully, I know nothing about the packages but I do not think you can book one with selecting your own cabin grade other than from what they offer and I'm sure they will not be offering SI, which are likely now fully booked. Hang onto 6200 until you are absolutely sure.

I was referring to packages to Cuba AIs from Canada. Have heard you can tinker with the flights in order to go home a week later, so you buy an AI package including air, and defer your flight home by the week of the cruise.

... Did you find that the LC rock 'n' rolled more than other ships? This would actually appeal to me. I still recall wobbly sea legs after disembarking from cruises of long ago. All part of the fun. :)

Agree totally. It's a ship not a hotel you want to know that you are on the high seas. I have always felt that the stabilizers are withdrawn to facilitate speed when they think we are all in bed for the night. Any trip to the washroom after one or two in the morning is like a drunkard's weave.

Have heard you can tinker with the flights in order to go home a week later, so you buy an AI package including air, and defer your flight home by the week of the cruise.

I asked two different travel agencies to check into this for me. One seemed to have no hope that she would ever be able to help me and did not even ask for my phone number (this was "Hula" lady), the other said she would keep digging for more info and get back to me.

Cruise Critic is amazing. So funny to be chatting with the people who will be in the exact cabin both before and after us. :D

Any trip to the washroom after one or two in the morning is like a drunkard's weave.

These days, I have the same problem at home. :(

It took quite a while to show up, but my deposit is now appearing on my cruise confirmation.

I was able to book U.S. Air Detroit to Mo Bay with one stop for $335 p/p return. I was waiting for the price to drop to around $450, so I'm happy.

What a deal! And so convenient for you from Windsor.