Norwegian BREAKAPART!! (from on board the 5/19 sailing)

joeski27

Thanks very much. Yeah been almost 3 weeks and still feels pretty crappy. And unfortunately, even when it does get better it still won't fix the fact that I missed most of my vacations because of it. Oh well, at least others who were was pumped up about this ship were able to enjoy it. Guess I'll just have to wait until the next cruise :rolleyes:

Well freak accidents happen and well at least it wasn't worse so can't beat yourself up over it

Gives you a reason to book another cruise

Suzanne

Joe just want to thank you for posting all your information regarding these cabins. Thanks to you we upgraded to an M6 and we are really looking forward to having a decent size balcony. ;)

PS hope the ankle is getting better.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Maybe I've missed it, but has NCL made any official statements about the problems cited on this thread? Seems something should have been published outlining the extensiveness of any damage that has occurred and plans to repair it including a timeline so that future cruisers will have some idea of what they will encounter when the board the ship.

Maybe I've missed it, but has NCL made any official statements about the problems cited on this thread? Seems something should have been published outlining the extensiveness of any damage that has occurred and plans to repair it including a timeline so that future cruisers will have some idea of what they will encounter when the board the ship.

Let's not make this into something it wasn't. It was minor damage to a few dividers. Sometimes stuff breaks in heavy seas and high winds, and the first time a new ship encounters heavy weather they're going to find out about any design glitches. I believe everything was repaired before the ship departed on its next cruise. They apparently reconfigured how the dividers open, which they believe will prevent it from happening again.

And yes, NCL did release an official statement to Cruise Critic, which can be found in the News section: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5366 .

As I said, repairs were expected to be made before the ship departed on its next cruise.

And yes, NCL did release an official statement to Cruise Critic, which can be found in the News section: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5366 .

As I said, repairs were expected to be made before the ship departed on its next cruise.

Thanks for clarifying matters. The OP's posts made conditions sound much more serious than was apparently the case. Glad to hear that things are apparently back to normal.

Archived