!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Hi Gambee and Mom

Thank -you so much for all the hard work you have put and will put into this review. It is amazing! I was amazed when looking through the pictures I relized we not only have the same cabin (bahamas 10-27), but the same suitcase. I saw it on the bed in the hotel room picture. Very suspicious you didn't borrow mine. Did you? LOL!!! Keep up the good work. Thank-you again.

OMG lol this made me giggle out loud! Don't forget the shots of acts of clumsiness (coffee on white pants, drinks spilled on tables) and weather observations! :p haha it just wouldn't be a Gambee review without them, am I right?!?

Of course, as well as the perfect positioning to take the least amount of steps to a hot tub. And how about the room service scrambled egg shot!

I agree with the annoyance about people replying while quoting Gambee's posts, especially when pictures are included. 99% of the time, they aren't even referencing anything from his post!

Anyway, great work so far Gambee! I work downtown at the building surrounding the marina you visited! I think my iPad is acting up though because some of the pictures in the NYC section were repeats or not correct for the captions. Don't know if anyone else is having that issue too.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Breakaway and Bermuda!

I LOVE that it docks at pier 88, but why is it called Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ? I bet the hotel you stayed in was built partly b/c of it's "walkability" to the pier.
Breakaway sails from Pier 88 in New York City. It is Quantum that sails from Cape Liberty (Bayonne, New Jersey):D

ScreenShot2013-05-19at90241PM_zpsac2e69cc.png

I think I was as excited to see "Sailing Today" on your signature as you were! I have been looking forward to this review for weeks after reading your amazing Allure and Silhouette review. I can't wait to take a cruise out of NYC, especially being only a 90min or so drive away from the pier. Maybe I can convince my family that a Breakaway cruise needs to be in our future after your review. Thanks again!

Edited by mais318

As everyone else, loving the posts so far and cannot wait for the pictures of the aft PH suite :)

And thanks so much for the info on NYC. I have been trying to find info of good (and cheap) hotels that are close to the pier and you've given me exactly that :D

Have a good (and fast!) day at work and continue when you can :)

Can't wait until you post more detailed on the cruise

Would love to see all menu's from all the places on the ship and also all the various cost which you all ready have informed us on Vibe and Ice bar,

great and wonderful post

thanks

I just sold a picture of "The Gambee" in his natural environment, a hot tub, to the National Enquirer for a tidy sum of money.

Lol!

Gambee ~ You know I loved those shots of the Apple store on 5th Ave! :D That's crazy that someone forgot to take their pills and got crazy, it probably gave people a good scare!

You are becoming quite the CC superstar, as for that one poster with a rude comment, we all have your back ;)

Oh and BTW I really think I'm going to get the camera now :)

Gambee...... Thank you so much for all the amazing information on Bermuda! I was ready to buy a guidebook but your information and review was so much easier to understand! We aren't sailing until August of next year but I too am a planner;) you have also inspired me to look into getting a new camera for my upcoming big birthday! Thank you for accepting my friend request and I can't wait to read the rest of your review! Again...THANK YOU! ;)

Screenshot2013-05-18at30133PM_zps05217a7f.png

When looking for a hotel I wanted one that had two beds and that was near to the port. Finding a hotel in NY with two beds at a reasonable price is not easy. As usual I did a large among of research and I ended up settling for a Brand New Comfort Inn, one block away from Pier 88. The funny thing is that when I booked it, the hotel was not even open, I took a big risk there.

Overall a great hotel, very comfortable, clean and roomy (unlike my last stay in NY). I was very happy with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone that wants to stay close to the ship, and is on a budget. Just keep in mind that you're a few blocks away from Times Square and moving back and forth can be tiresome.

Did I mention it has free internet & breakfast?

Screenshot2013-05-18at25701PM_zpse2535dff.png

DSC05841_zpscbe30dc4.jpg

DSC05843_zps5cf5d4aa.jpg

DSC05844_zpsbdc57190.jpg

The lobby also serves as the free breakfast venue.

DSC05847_zpsc99d259e.jpg

Glad your "surprise" hotel turned out well. We've booked a new Holiday Inn in the same neighborhood. NEW YORK - MANHATTAN WEST SIDE 538 West 48th Street Front Desk: 1-212-5820692

I'm not even sure it has been built yet! Hope it turns out as well.

Yay! I'm finally caught up! Can't wait for the next chapter!!

You finally caught up? - I've been at this since yesterday.

Gambee, another fantastic review in the making! Love your style - makes us feel we're right with you - with the spills, spots and lost glasses.

What a wonderful tribute to Kev - he would be pleased.

Gambee thanks for all the work you put into this - not just a review but a complete travel guide. Taking notes for future trips. Great job as always on pics and detailed comments. Love it!

Gambee, Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into your reviews! The amount of work and detail you put into your review is amazing and truly appreciated. We need look no further for information. Thank You!:)

Gambee hun I don't need no stinkin big balcony I can go to the haven lol.;)

TEAM GAMBEE:D

We should be able to make custom shirts that have "Team Gambee" on the back and a picture of his favorite ship on the front! :D

In fact, here's a quick little design that I just made in a few minutes :p http://www.customink.com/designs/teamgambee/hdk0-000v-6qps/hotlink?pc=HL-76683&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-3-_-Body_txt-_-button1

Edited by swim13