just off Magic

Short review. Will try to be fair.

Embarcation was very organized and quick as was disembarkation..

Cabin- Spa Deck was great. Good work out area. Nice to be on non smoking deck.

Food- Good in Steakhouse, great in Italian restaurant.In main dining room,service was prompt but food was very average. Buffet was horrible.Room service food below average.

Entertainment- good comedians in Spotlight lounge but shows in Showtime Theater were very bad-Carnival insults one's intelligence with those performers.

Ship areas- Lido deck crowded with not much to do. Play It Again was nice as was Red Frog pub. Serenity deck very nice.

Employees- great! They try very hard.

Passengers- too many for showrooms and many other facilities. Most people dressed well but a fair number were dressed like slobs.

Overall- I thought the ship was much too crowded. Good but inadequate facilities for number of passengers. Won't cruise with Carnival agin.

Short review. Will try to be fair.

Embarcation was very organized and quick as was disembarkation..

Cabin- Spa Deck was great. Good work out area. Nice to be on non smoking deck.

Food- Good in Steakhouse, great in Italian restaurant.In main dining room,service was prompt but food was very average. Buffet was horrible.Room service food below average.

Entertainment- good comedians in Spotlight lounge but shows in Showtime Theater were very bad-Carnival insults one's intelligence with those performers.

Ship areas- Lido deck crowded with not much to do. Play It Again was nice as was Red Frog pub. Serenity deck very nice.

Employees- great! They try very hard.

Passengers- too many for showrooms and many other facilities. Most people dressed well but a fair number were dressed like slobs.

Overall- I thought the ship was much too crowded. Good but inadequate facilities for number of passengers. Won't cruise with Carnival agin.

:cool: Well thanks for the "fair" Review hope you enjoy whatever cruiseline you chose next!!!

I know my thoughts were what other cruiselines are you comparing it to?

You say room service below average.. you knew it was cold food going in if you did a little research .. so does this mean the food wasnt as good as another trip? You didnt know it was only cold food?

What is your basis for comparison.

What cruiseline isnt crowded at times?

I didn't complain about it being cold.I did my research and knew that. But there is good cold and fair cold. Try Regent, Windstar, Crystal and others and you will see the difference in crowding.

:cool: So you are comparing Carnival to those cruise lines!!!:rolleyes: No wonder you didn't care for the Magic!!:D

I didn't complain about it being cold.I did my research and knew that. But there is good cold and fair cold. Try Regent, Windstar, Crystal and others and you will see the difference in crowding.

OK I just wondered what cruiselines you were comparing Magic to, because for Carnival its a nice ship.

Ive had the chance to do those other lines, but all the crystal offers were from ports I didnt want to fly to.. so I said no thanks.

What each wants is different, glad you enjoyed those other lines, but of course they are higher end cruiselines, no surprise Carnival would not be the same experience.

Thanks for explaining what you were comparing to.

There's no way you can compare Crystal, Windstar, and Regent to the Magic. Those ships are designed to only hold 1,200-1,500 passengers, is VERY upscale, and very expensive. Magic holds 4,000 and while certainly one of Carnival's newest ships, isn't a luxury liner.

Archived