Visit to Double Bay and Rose Bay

We wish to walk around the shops at Double Bay and Rose Bay in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

Can we travel from Circular Quay by bus to Double Bay first, then bus to Rose Bay ?

Can we return by ferry from the Rose Bay wharf to Circular Quay ? Is the wharf on the bus route ?

Thank you.

We wish to walk around the shops at Double Bay and Rose Bay in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

Can we travel from Circular Quay by bus to Double Bay first, then bus to Rose Bay ?

Can we return by ferry from the Rose Bay wharf to Circular Quay ? Is the wharf on the bus route ?

Thank you.

The 324/5 bus will take you from Circular Quay to Double Bay and then on to Rose Bay. It is a short walk from the Rose Bay shopping centre back towards the city along New South Head Road and then across the park to the wharf where you can catch a ferry back to Circular Quay. Check out the timing before you leave Circular Quay.

I think you can even catch a ferry there.

We took the Bondi Explorer Bus once and got off at Double Bay for a walk around. After a quick look at the prices we headed back to catch the next bus .

Double Bay is also called Double Pay......:D

I think you can even catch a ferry there.

We took the Bondi Explorer Bus once and got off at Double Bay for a walk around. After a quick look at the prices we headed back to catch the next bus .

Double Bay is also called Double Pay......:D

Yes there is a ferry wharf at Double Bay, walk through the shopping streets towards the harbour, across the park and you are there, yacht club for a feed and a drink their also. But the ferrys are not that regular out of peak hour. My son used to live in Double Bay, he must have paid himself double pay to live there. LOL.

Hi ,

I haved in the eastern suburds most of my life....there is not much shopping at rose bay and Double bay....is well named "Double Pay" I would suggest maybe the queen victoria building ,darling harbour or bondi juction...all very easy to get to.

Col:)

Rose Bay has some interesting history.....thats where the flying boats landed.

flying-boats-rose-bay-c1938-ml-at-work-and-play-bcp_00271r.jpg

from google images

VH-BRC_rosebay1974.jpg

from google images

yep they sure did remember them well.Used tro fly to lord howe island.i tried the seaplane trip up the northern beaches and trhe harbour a couple of years back...absolutely brilliant

Archived