Which Ship has the Best Serenity Area?

Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone know if the liberty got the serenity area after 2.0. I did a search and I find some that yes and no so that wasn't much of a help.

Thanks.

The Liberty does have a Serenity deck.

lol except for the ships that dont have a serenity area. I know conquest and triumph dont have one. It says above Freedom also does not.

A lot of people are hoping they add one to triumph in dry dock.

I thought the Freedom had a Serenity deck?

EDIT: Just checked the deck plans and she does

I find it strange that they didn't add a Serenity deck to the Conquest because she is one of the only ships without one. If they do in fact add a Serenity deck to the Triumph I think the Conquest will be the only ship without one.

Edited by spencercoop

And the Freedom does have an adult's only pool (with two hot tubs), however, because it is in the same area as the pizza, there would be kids running around (but they aren't allowed in the pool or hot tubs)

I thought the Freedom had a Serenity deck?

EDIT: Just checked the deck plans and she does

I find it strange that they didn't add a Serenity deck to the Conquest because she is one of the only ships without one. If they do in fact add a Serenity deck to the Triumph I think the Conquest will be the only ship without one.

I was going by what it says above.. which is the same as conquest. It has the pool in the aft in the middle of the pizza and grill and a bar and ice cream.

Since these are the main ships I have been on for Carnival, because they go out of Galveston or NOLA, Triumph and Conquest are the ones Im most familiar with.

We loved the legend serenity. Unfortunately none of the other spirit class ships work for when we want to sail. The ships that work are freedom, liberty, conquest (no serenity), dream and breeze.

Also, when we were on legend, the tops were missing from the clamshells. Anyone else run into that on other ships?

Thanks

It is so strange that the Splendor doesn't have any hot tubs in her Serenity. Every other ship's Serenity has at least one hot tub.

I wish the inspiration did not! That is the source of all the loud weekend drinkers lol. It is just because it is a three day weekend cruise. But, I am glad they stopped playing music. On the Elation, there were 2 diff music channels playing our whole cruise. LOL.

I did comment to the Serenity manager on the Inspiration that I loved the "no music".

Other than that I LOVE it. :)

Edited by surfergirle

I wholeheartedly agree that the Spirit Class ships, i.e. the Pride, definitely have some of the best Serenity decks. I spent practically every chance I got on my cruise last year in the Pride's Serenity area. It is all the way Aft and is separated from the rest of the Lido deck by the Mermaids Grille. There is a bar as soon as you exit into Serenity as well as a seating area with about 10 tables and also sofas that are underneath the overhang of Deck 10. It was almost always quiet.

One of the best things is that there is lots of seating without everything being squished together. There is a decently sized pool as well as a hot tub.

:)

• 11 months later...

I too, LOVE the serenity deck on the Fantasy Class ships. As noted above, it's truly serene, and the location makes it perfect for relaxing, and enjoying the peace, and quiet. Second choice would be the Spirit Class ships. Having both the hot tubs, and the pool available, makes it a great area as well.

"SKY"

I vote Spirit class (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle) ships (aft end, pool, hot tub, bar... not in that order)

I agree, the last time we sailed it was on the Pride and I loved the Serenity area. The area where the bar is has a bunch of couches and club-type chairs and it's all in the shade. Loved it!!!! Well, the drunk guy in the Jacuzzi who was making out with anyone that would have him everyday was a bit much!:eek: LOL!

I agree, the last time we sailed it was on the Pride and I loved the Serenity area. The area where the bar is has a bunch of couches and club-type chairs and it's all in the shade. Loved it!!!! Well, the drunk guy in the Jacuzzi who was making out with anyone that would have him everyday was a bit much!:eek: LOL!

That would tempering feelings down a bit.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

We will spend most, if not all, of our time here. We liked the Serenity Area on the Legend even though we didn't care for the ship much. What we are looking for:

Size (Bigger the better)

Location (Preferably aft or forward so we can have views all around and located in a quiet spot on the ship away from other noise)

Bar

Hot Tub and Pool (If not both, atleast one)

Thanks.

Pride.

I really enjoyed the serenity area on Miracle as well for the reasons listed above but it is also great on Fantasy class ships :) during our trip 2 years ago out of Boston the one on Glory was great too since we could sit up in the hot tubs up front and stay warm but still have a great view!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The Sunshine is 3 decks but it is anything but serene.

You get blasted by the sound system from the Lido deck. the speakers are aimed right at the first and second level and 4 out of 8 days the volume was loud enough to cause me to give up. Simple fix by turning it down but Carnival equates volume with having "fun". perhaps if the Captain came out and sat down for a second he could figure it out because asking everyone else doesn't seem to work. Alternately put a second set of speakers on the serenity deck pointing back at the Lido area. That way you could still crank it up for all the partiers but not have to blast the heck out of the serenity area.

The third level on the Sunshine is quieter but be aware it is fairly windy on sea days plus the starboard side is noisy from equipment (electrical?) that has vents facing that direction.

Loved the Serenity on the Dream and it was almost empty on port days.

I sure dont know which one is the best, but I do know that I loved the Serenity deck on the Freedom on my last cruise. There were always loungers available when I went there, and I did also get to enjoy a clamshell to myself one day, in Cozumel, when I spent most of the day on board:D

I am happy with a regular lounger or chair though and I do look forward to enjoying that deck again on my next cruise.

I love to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, and when Freedom leaves there, it will be Conquest which does not have a serenity deck, so hoping by then they will put one in.

So my fave has to be Freedom:)

We have been on two ships with Serenity...Sunshine and Miracle. sunshine is pretty but the two upper decks face the movie screen so it can get noisy. We absolutely loved the Miracle. We spent hours out there and enjoyed every minute. We loved the spirit class ships.