Washing line in cabin?

Grandad

We will be sailing to the Fjords on Ryndam on 1 June. Please can anyone tell me if there is a washing line in the cabin shower cubicle? It will be good to know in advance so I don't pack anything unnecessary. Thanks for your help.

If you do decide to use the washers and dryers in the self-service laundries -- the washer is $2 and the dryer is $1. There will either be a button on the washer to dispense the liquid soap or there will be a cup that you fill from a large dispenser bottle on the wall and you add the lqiuid soap yourself. For the dryer -- take your own fabric softner sheets.

You can get the quarters for the machines from the front office -- no need to haul a ton of quarters.

There's a self-service laundry on Lower Promenade, just a couple of feet aft of the atrium, starboard side.

I thought I read that either the one on Main or A-Deck was removed, but I don't recall for certain which one (if it happened at all).

Just a reminder to use ONLY the laundry soap provided on the ship. HAL makes every effort to avoid polluting the seas so they use specific detergents. Also, suds from other detergents may cause problems with the machines.

fabulous information.. does this also apply to the Maasdam??? we have a week in New England and Canada, while I don't want to spend my time in the laundry facility, I also don't want to over pack.. so would be useful to be able to wash before disembarking. (using the laundry in a bag could work as well, but it depends on timing..)..

thanks

fabulous information.. does this also apply to the Maasdam??? we have a week in New England and Canada, while I don't want to spend my time in the laundry facility, I also don't want to over pack.. so would be useful to be able to wash before disembarking. (using the laundry in a bag could work as well, but it depends on timing..)..

thanks

We just returned from that trip and used the unlimited laundry. We felt it was justified as we spent four days in Montreal and Five in Boston, so we got on with a pile of dirty laundry and needed to get off with nearly a week's worth of clean laundry, so the laundry service was a no-brainer. It is $20 a bag but $49.99 for unlimited. Once we had unlimited service, once we sent out the big order on embarkation, we sent out a bag every day. It is such a luxury to have a closet full of freshly pressed clothing. As others have reported, they even iron and hang undershirts. We also sent out clean stuff to be washed and ironed so it would look better than when it came out of the luggage.

We are going on the Rotterdam and I was wondering if they too have self-service laundry? And on different decks?

Rotterdam laundries are on Main, Lower Promenade, and Verandah decks.

well that's fabulous to know.. there are 5 of us.. although not in the same room so wonder if we can get away with that.. anyway.. we spend basically 4 days before the cruise in Boston and a week after the cruise touring from Montreal to Toronto after, so it might be worth the money to send it out..

thanks for the tip..

We just returned from that trip and used the unlimited laundry. We felt it was justified as we spent four days in Montreal and Five in Boston, so we got on with a pile of dirty laundry and needed to get off with nearly a week's worth of clean laundry, so the laundry service was a no-brainer. It is $20 a bag but $49.99 for unlimited. Once we had unlimited service, once we sent out the big order on embarkation, we sent out a bag every day. It is such a luxury to have a closet full of freshly pressed clothing. As others have reported, they even iron and hang undershirts. We also sent out clean stuff to be washed and ironed so it would look better than when it came out of the luggage.

Archived