Live Blogging Solstice to Alaska 5/31

rockfsh

Thanks all. I promise not to pee in the pool or hot tub. :)

Thanks for the blog, we will be on when you get off, can't wait to hear more. Enjoy your cruise, hope it is all that you expected.

Thanks for your blog and the very helpful, informative pictures. I was wondering how accessible the pool in the solarium is? I have some mobility issues (not in a wheelchair but trouble with pool ladders) but on your photo it appears the pool has actual steps with a handrail.

Thanks

Jennie

Starting blog here. Tomorrow's entry will be delayed by fun.

Appreciate your posting, including the pictures. Are you in a Celebrity Suite? Assume that is your room shown in the visuals. Which room number?

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. Plus, doing some pre-cruise options for Cairns/Port Douglas, the Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef, then Kangaroo Island near Adelaide before departing from Sidney’s scenic harbor. And, doing the mid-cruise ship over-night trip to and in Queenstown and then stopping in Hawaii on the way home to break up that long, long flight back.

Let us know any special likes or tips for the CS cabin, working with your butler, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 131,651 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Thanks for your blog and the very helpful, informative pictures. I was wondering how accessible the pool in the solarium is? I have some mobility issues (not in a wheelchair but trouble with pool ladders) but on your photo it appears the pool has actual steps with a handrail.

Thanks

Jennie

Yes there are wide steps/ handrail on the aft side of the solarium pool.

photos here:

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/rockfsh/7/1370409453/tpod.html

What have the temps been there during your cruise? Planning same cruise for next year but undecided which month would be best. Leaning on end of May, but wondering if end of August would be better weather.

Wowwwww. I totally enjoyed looking at your blog! We will be there next week and I now know exactly what to look for. Thank you so much for putting this together! You must have internet access on the ship to put this together as you cruise. Thanks :)

What have the temps been there during your cruise? Planning same cruise for next year but undecided which month would be best. Leaning on end of May, but wondering if end of August would be better weather.

In the low 50s F It was absolutely clear until Juneau. Skagway was windy.

Ship internet is slow. Think 56K modem for us old folks..

Also highly recommended "Solstice the Show" Cirque style acrobatics great presentation. Equal to any Vegas show. Will update blog later.

Rockfish was a hoot. Great scenery amazing ship great food. A couple of issues that Management needs to address but overall a nice trip. I will also post a professional travel review within the week also complete with photos. Great weather...was a little cool on the balcony but well worth bundling up and watching the ocean go by. Loved the Solarium...loved the real grass if its not too windy. They make a killer pom mojito tooA

Archived