Pool Reservations - Gold

Gold cards are also given to Pinnacle guests, regardless of their cabin category.

And then they would have to deal with passengers in Junior Suites. :rolleyes:

They have put themselves in this position.

Royal Purple cards!

The one time we spoilt ourselves in a suite , I actually enjoyed the reserved sun deck chairs on sea days. You have the luxury of sleeping late and and knowing there will be no problem getting a lounger.

strange maybe but how elitist can one get expecting reserved seating at the pool. since evidently there is but most seem to not use please don't come down where the little people are you have your special spot use it.

Not expected.

It's on the list of things you have paid for.

Don't you look to see what your money has just purchased you??? If you expect french fries with your number 2 special at McDonald's because it says it comes with them, does it make you an elitist??

strange maybe but how elitist can one get expecting reserved seating at the pool. since evidently there is but most seem to not use please don't come down where the little people are you have your special spot use it.

It's bad enough having to share the same pool water as the little people......we don't want to have to sit with them as well!!!!!!!!

For me its not a perk...the area is always in the sun...so it's quite hot there...

Everybody look at you so it's like at the zoo...especially coz it's roped off...

And it's always kinda loud...

Solarium is way ahead...so i'm always there...

So.....

On the Allure of the Seas, I know there is an area that is "gated" and on a top deck that is reserved for "suites". In addtion to this area, is there another space near or next to a pool on the Allure that also has reserved chairs for suites with a gold card?

All ships have reserved seating around the pool. Simply get up very early say 6 AM and go out to the pool area with your towel and a paperback book. Put them on your choice of lounger(s) and go back to bed, have breakfast later and finally manage to wander to the pool area and your reserved lounger say about 11 am.

I don't like to get up that early so I sleep in, go out on deck about 10:45am, find a good lounger that has a book and towel on it, toss the book in the trash, keep the towel, and sit back and watch people look for their book.

:D:D:D

I don't like to get up that early so I sleep in, go out on deck about 10:45am, find a good lounger that has a book and towel on it, toss the book in the trash, keep the towel, and sit back and watch people look for their book.

:D:D:D

Best answer yet! :D Please, people, it's too early to bash people! :)

So.....

On the Allure of the Seas, I know there is an area that is "gated" and on a top deck that is reserved for "suites". In addtion to this area, is there another space near or next to a pool on the Allure that also has reserved chairs for suites with a gold card?

No, that's the only reserved for suite pool area.

This post reminded me of an amusing incident on our most recent Explorer cruise. One of the pool attendants told a guest who was sitting in the "reserved" area that it was only for guests with a "gold" sea pass card. The passenger immediately whipped out his sea pass card that said "GOLD" at the bottom. The ensuing argument was quite entertaining, as neither of them understood what the other one was referring to. Eventually, another passenger explained that the "gold card" referred to the color of the card for suite guests and was different than the "gold C&A status" printed on the bottom of the sea pass card.

It is also very entertaining on Oasis/Allure for the Aqua Show. It fills very quickly and the gold seats are actually in a prime location.

you people sure have a reading comprehension problem.. I'm glad you have special chairs and wish you would use them. Keeps me from having to listen to the blowhards talk about the leased and overpriced cars and houses they can't afford to furnish. with 7 port days and 3 sea days in Nov the pool is really not in play for me anyway. are the 'special' people intermixed with the white trash in the MDR?

don't flame me! we are so very, very fortunate to be able to cruise in suites. We do get a gold colored sail card and believe me, we book the suite for the comfort, not the bit of a perk. Yes, the gold card holders do have a reserved space on all the ships for the pool area, it is above the pool area in the sun and from our observations is almost always completely empty. We much prefer the solarium on most of the ships.

Why book the suite? The room is so very comfortable, the bed is wonderful and we can get a very restful sleep and the balcony is so nice and large. There will not be an apology from us in our mature ages wanting to cruise in comfort after we have sailed in the smallest interior cabin you can imagine when we began to sail.

Just wanted to reply to this thread and from a suite cruiser, the restricted pool area should just be changed to something that all persons on the cruise could enjoy.

happy cruising everyone

Respectfully but totally disagree with converting the suite area by the pool. We cruise regularly with small too large family groups and use the suite area sun and all. The young folks make friends with a couple of servers and they all have a ball together.

If the younger group are not in the balcony jacuzzi tub they are grouped up in the suite seating area, pool, pool deck hot tubs etc. Keep the area is our vote

you people sure have a reading comprehension problem.. I'm glad you have special chairs and wish you would use them. Keeps me from having to listen to the blowhards talk about the leased and overpriced cars and houses they can't afford to furnish. with 7 port days and 3 sea days in Nov the pool is really not in play for me anyway. are the 'special' people intermixed with the white trash in the MDR?

Rocky, I wonder what makes a blowhard in your opinion? Is it that someone sails in a suite or something specific about suites themselves.

I would like to sail with you sometime without you or I knowing anything about the other persons accommodations at all and at the end see if you felt we were blowhards. You seem to be painting with a broad bristle brush. But of course I dont know if you have personal reason to do so.

You people ?

i don't like to get up that early so i sleep in, go out on deck about 10:45am, find a good lounger that has a book and towel on it, toss the book in the trash, keep the towel, and sit back and watch people look for their book.

:d:d:d

lol

We always stay in a GS, last 3 cruises on the Explorer as is the upcoming cruise...

We love the reserved pool seating for Suite Guests...one of the MANY reasons we pay extra for a suite...good location, extra attention by the attendants...and yes, in the sun...which seems to be the whole idea to most people around the pool...

We also can't wait for barefoot beach on Labadee, as well as the reserved seating in the theater...

But these perks do not come free...they cost $$...we cruise once a year, and try to make the best of it....

Rocky, using your mindset, they should abolish the specialty restaurants, because no body should get better food just because they can pay for it.

In fact, I think it is elitist to cruise when the majority of the world cannot afford a vacation....so why dont you stay true to your biases and not indulge yourself with cruises that you paid for...but others cannot afford. Stay home, and stop indulging yourself until the whole world can have an equal vacation to your 10 day cruise!

Archived