Early 2015 Princess Sailings Disappointing - so far!

seafish

I'd like to see a few different islands myself. How about Tortola? Holland has done this island before from Florida.

Actually, Princess had port stops in Tortola at one time.

We were there several times on Princess ships.

I don't know why Princess dropped Tortola as a port of call. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Completely agree with you. When they released Europe I thought it was autrocious and then the rest of it came and it was just as bad. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't booked anything and we're at the point of phoning to cash in some FCCs.

Totally agree. Caribbean itineraries are boring and Europe especially transatlantic cruises are very limited in terms of ports. Gone are many favorites. I guess if you just want to be on a ship and are not interested in ports it doesn't matter but for those of us like to experience new and interesting ports it might be time to switch cruise lines.

My fiancé and I are really upset with the new offerings. We had REALLY been hoping to do the 11-day Tahiti to Hawaii itinerary as part of our honeymoon in December 2014/January 2015...but Princess is evidently doing away with that itinerary. Last one sails from Hawaii to Tahiti in September 2014. :-(

Wish they'd bring that trip back! We were interested in that trip because it was special and different. Now their Tahiti trips are too similar to those offered by Paul Gauguin. The Tahiti to Hawaii itinerary made the travel part of the destination. Now that it's gone, we'll probably just stay in Tahiti and not cruise...or cruise with PG. It's too bad too. We love cruising with Princess.

There are other good cruise lines out there...by changing their schedule and getting rid of the cruise we had hoped to take for our honeymoon, Princess may have lost our business for good.

I know you have FCCs you want to use, but have you ever considered chartering a boat in the BVI? We've lived on our boat in the Caribbean for years and it is a wonderful way to spend time down there. You can even hire a captain if you don't know how to sail.

I know you have FCCs you want to use, but have you ever considered chartering a boat in the BVI? We've lived on our boat in the Caribbean for years and it is a wonderful way to spend time down there. You can even hire a captain if you don't know how to sail.

Good point!

To the OP - if you like port intensive, maybe it is time to try something new... like Windstar? We just did a b2b for the first time with them and enjoyed it. It is a completely different style of cruising and we wanted to see what it was like.

To someone else that mentioned leaving out of San Juan... we miss that too! I hope it is available for Jan 2016 with Princess.

My fiancé and I are really upset with the new offerings. We had REALLY been hoping to do the 11-day Tahiti to Hawaii itinerary as part of our honeymoon in December 2014/January 2015...but Princess is evidently doing away with that itinerary. Last one sails from Hawaii to Tahiti in September 2014. :-(

Wish they'd bring that trip back! We were interested in that trip because it was special and different. Now their Tahiti trips are too similar to those offered by Paul Gauguin. The Tahiti to Hawaii itinerary made the travel part of the destination. Now that it's gone, we'll probably just stay in Tahiti and not cruise...or cruise with PG. It's too bad too. We love cruising with Princess.

There are other good cruise lines out there...by changing their schedule and getting rid of the cruise we had hoped to take for our honeymoon, Princess may have lost our business for good.

We did our honeymoon in Tahiti. I would not recommend Paul Gauguin. The crew is awesome as is the level of service and the food wonderful, but we found the ship the worst we've sailed. I would never sail on her again.

Windstar has decided to go back to Tahiti after quite a hiatus. Their schedule is only up until Nov 2014 currently for the ship in Tahiti. But I believe the ship might sail year round in Tahiti; you'll have to wait to see the schedule release though. I'm not sure if any future schedules will include Hawaii and Tahiti.

We do a lot of Caribbean sailings, and agree the ports have become quite repetitive. Then again, what an awful life we live to have sailed there so frequently that we're in this position.

Our favourite islands are in the Southern grouping and most of the sailings are 10+ days which are great, but we're still working so not always viable for our schedule. I had a great itinerary booked on HAL for this November with family but we had to cancel (stops like Martinique, Dominica + the usual favourites like Barbados and St Lucia).

To the OP - if you like port intensive, maybe it is time to try something new... like Windstar? We just did a b2b for the first time with them and enjoyed it. It is a completely different style of cruising and we wanted to see what it was like.

To someone else that mentioned leaving out of San Juan... we miss that too! I hope it is available for Jan 2016 with Princess.

We did our honeymoon in Tahiti. I would not recommend Paul Gauguin. The crew is awesome as is the level of service and the food wonderful, but we found the ship the worst we've sailed. I would never sail on her again.

Windstar has decided to go back to Tahiti after quite a hiatus. Their schedule is only up until Nov 2014 currently for the ship in Tahiti. But I believe the ship might sail year round in Tahiti; you'll have to wait to see the schedule release though. I'm not sure if any future schedules will include Hawaii and Tahiti.

We recently did Seabourn out of St. Thomas for small Caribbean harbors and really enjoyed it. Totally a different experience than Princess but and excellent option.

Archived