Early 2015 Princess Sailings Disappointing - so far!

seafish

We are huge <almost Elite> Princess Fans with a couple FCC's. We prefer Port Intensive Cruises and are already booked for February 2014 on a B2B.

But looking at the 2015 Princess Feb, March, April Caribbean cruise port itineraries (they) have the "same old port stuff". Even 2015 Pamana itineraries appear to be the old stuff.

We would really like to see at least one (1) or two (2) new/different ports added to the same old Caribbean port stuff ... or at least mix it up a bit to make for a better cruise experience. Not the same old-stuff that has made us look & book with other cruise options.

And - now with Royal Princess taking the lions share of Caribbean Cruises out of Port Everglades - looks like we are relegated to more of the same old Princess Port Stuff with less preferred cabins at higher cost.

Just how many times can you enjoy the same old port stops? Love to sail Princess - love the ships ... hopefully things will change for the better going forward. SeaFish

There must still be demand for a 7 day cruise with 2 ports and Princess Cayes.

Agree with you about the marketing issues - but still the SOS. 7 Day Cruises? IMO - Princess could be better for longer future 2015 & B2B Caribbean/Panama Cruises!

There is a slight change, with a "new" port on the 10 day cruises. While one retains Princess Cays, the other substitutes Nassau. If you do back to backs, only St Thomas duplicates. A change, and a good one.

Those are my favorite. Love the private island, and love the sea days.

Understand & appreciate - your preference for the "same-ports" all the time. But - we like to see & do new things - Sea-Days not so much. BTW -as your Southern Neighbors .. we lived in Cape May for many years - always love to return to CMPY.

From a Quick Look at the Princess 2015 Caribbean schedule ... we'll probably take Royal as a B2B for 20 days ... or maybe consider Ruby for 14 days since Ruby goes to the Western Caribbean one week and we haven't been Western for a couple of years. :confused:

LuLu

~~~

Understand & appreciate - your preference for the "same-ports" all the time. But - we like to see & do new things - Sea-Days not so much. BTW -as your Southern Neighbors .. we lived in Cape May for many years - always love to return to CMPY.

Don't really like the same ports, but I do love the private island and sea days. Do you know why Princess stopped doing southern caribbean? The only choice now is RCCL!

We love going to cape may for the weekend :)

We are huge <almost Elite> Princess Fans with a couple FCC's. We prefer Port Intensive Cruises and are already booked for February 2014 on a B2B.

But looking at the 2015 Princess Feb, March, April Caribbean cruise port itineraries (they) have the "same old port stuff". Even 2015 Pamana itineraries appear to be the old stuff.

We would really like to see at least one (1) or two (2) new/different ports added to the same old Caribbean port stuff ... or at least mix it up a bit to make for a better cruise experience. Not the same old-stuff that has made us look & book with other cruise options.

And - now with Royal Princess taking the lions share of Caribbean Cruises out of Port Everglades - looks like we are relegated to more of the same old Princess Port Stuff with less preferred cabins at higher cost.

Just how many times can you enjoy the same old port stops? Love to sail Princess - love the ships ... hopefully things will change for the better going forward. SeaFish

There are only a limited number of ports in the Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises that can handle cruise ships. Even RCI, HAL , CCL and Celebrity have the same issues with the ports.

The issue with new or different ports is that they must be capable of offering a variety of interesting or popular experiences in port. They must also be within easy sailing distance of the previous port. Creating new itineraries for a ship with over 3,000 passengers isn't like turning your car off the highway. If there aren't (and vetted) adequate tour, beach or shopping opportunities for all these people, passengers would be very unhappy.

Princess is a for-profit company and they will always follow the money. As long as people continue to book the current itineraries, they will continue to be offered.

I check other cruiseline's itineraries periodically and see that they also seem to go to the same ports time and again. I would imagine there is many reasons for this. Perhaps you should look at some other options besides the Caribbean and Panama Canal? I do understand wishing for different itineraries as I have wished for different 7 day cruise itineraries on the Mexican Riviera. I cruise the MR often but it really is the same port after the same port in general.

Perhaps you should look at some other options besides the Caribbean and Panama Canal? .

Hear what you're saying ... but, but, but ... we really WANT to take a Caribbean cruise in January! Just the place of our choice to cruise in Jan/Feb.

We sort of look forward to returning to familiar ports but do like to vary Eastern, Western, Southern and like to have one we can hit two of these itineraries on a B2B.

LuLu

~~~~

Hear what you're saying ... but, but, but ... we really WANT to take a Caribbean cruise in January! Just the place of our choice to cruise in Jan/Feb.

We sort of look forward to returning to familiar ports but do like to vary Eastern, Western, Southern and like to have one we can hit two of these itineraries on a B2B.

LuLu

~~~~

Exactly!!! Have cruised to Med, Greek Isles, British Isles, Alaska, Baltic, Aus, NZ, Tahiti, Panama, NE/CN, etc... but just hoping for some Future Princess Caribbean Port Changes like the addition of the ABC stops on a 14 day Jan/Feb Winter Get-Away Cruise Caribbean cruise - OK even include Princess Cays stop - St Thomas again, etc ...but something different occasionally would be a welcomed change IMO.

We enjoyed Aruba and Curacco two years ago and loved this cruise. Sadly these ports will no longer be available on the 7 day cruises in February. Probably about 6 or 7 years ago we also stopped at Tortola on a 7 day cruise and loved it. I agree that Princess needs to look at changing some of the ports for the 7 day cruises.

Ok so you are not happy with the same old ports. What suggestions do you have for new ports that ships can dock at and have excursions that passengers can enjoy?

Have you considered Celebrity? They offer a 14-night Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami that visits Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, and St. Martin (with 5 sea days, or on Feb. 15 also visits Bonaire with 4 sea days); an 11-night Ultimate [Western] Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale that visits Grand Cayman, Cartagena (Colombia), Puerto Limon (Costa Rica), Belize, and Cozumel (with 4 sea days); and a 10-night Ultimate [Eastern] Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale that visits St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, Dominica, and St. Maarten (with 4 sea days).

Our family wishes Princess would start sailing out of San Juan again . . . .we loved the 7 day cruise itineraries starting from there. The ports were interesting and the length of the cruise was perfect for us and they only had 1-2 sea days.

Currently RCL, Carnival and Celebrity sail from San Juan but unfortunately I don't care for their ships as well as Princess, so it makes it a dilemma: sail on a ship I don't care for but get to "better" ports Or sail Princess and have a boring itinerary (to me) with too many sea days.

Completely agree with you. When they released Europe I thought it was autrocious and then the rest of it came and it was just as bad. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't booked anything and we're at the point of phoning to cash in some FCCs.

Completely agree with you. When they released Europe I thought it was autrocious and then the rest of it came and it was just as bad. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't booked anything and we're at the point of phoning to cash in some FCCs.

Only thing that remotely interests me in 2014 is the potential Sapphire relocation cruise. Other than that. I'm meh.

Only thing that remotely interests me in 2014 is the potential Sapphire relocation cruise. Other than that. I'm meh.

I was exactly the same and then friends booked two weeks in Hawaii and we said s**w it, lets meet them there instead. I got tired of waiting for them to release Sapphire.

I was exactly the same and then friends booked two weeks in Hawaii and we said s**w it, lets meet them there instead. I got tired of waiting for them to release Sapphire.

I'm going to wait a little bit longer, but I'm getting tired of the waiting waiting waiting. Is there any other Princess ships that haven't had their full schedule released yet?

Archived