Coming Back to RC - A Few Questions

Our very first cruise was with Royal Caribbean. Cruised Norwegian once, then Carnival five times. Just booked yesterday, and we're coming back to RC!

I have a mixed assortment of questions. I know I can look them up, but hoping someone will save me some time! Thanks in advance!

I'd love to hear anyone's special thoughts or suggestions for Serenade of the Seas!

Is there a past guest reception with free coctails on a 7 night cruise?

Are there any other pat guest perks?

Are there robes in balcony rooms?

Are there refrigerators in balcony rooms?

Do they have a margarita or martini tasting on Serenade of the Seas?

If you are not currently an RCI Crown & Anchor Society member, contact them at 800-526-9723 or go on line - they will be able to confirm your prior sailing, assist you in joining C & A, and issue you the points earned for that cruise. That will provide you with the Gold level benefits, which are also described on line. You will be entitled to those benefits on your upcoming cruise, which include a coupon book for various on board discounts, priority check in, departure lounge, etc.

Yes there is a repeat cruiser gathering which you would then be eligible to attend. Robes are not provided for Gold members, but each room does have a small refrigerator. I am not aware of any margarita or martini tasting offered on Serenade.

Serenade is a very nice ship - sailed on her on the Southern Caribbean route a number of years ago. I think you will enjoy her.

Guest maddycat
Our very first cruise was with Royal Caribbean. Cruised Norwegian once, then Carnival five times. Just booked yesterday, and we're coming back to RC!

I have a mixed assortment of questions. I know I can look them up, but hoping someone will save me some time! Thanks in advance!

I'd love to hear anyone's special thoughts or suggestions for Serenade of the Seas!

Is there a past guest reception with free coctails on a 7 night cruise?

Are there any other pat guest perks?

Are there robes in balcony rooms?

Are there refrigerators in balcony rooms?

Do they have a margarita or martini tasting on Serenade of the Seas?

To answer a few of your questions....To get past guest perks you have to be a Crown & Anchor member. Make sure that you are signed up. With only one RCI cruise you will be gold members.

There is a welcome aboard Captain's Reception with free "champagne" (sparkling wine).

No robes for balcony cabin gold members. However, you can request robes from your cabin attendant and if there are extras available you will get them.

All cabins have refrigerators.

Have fun - the Serenade is a wonderful ship. We sailed her in 2009 doing a Southern Caribbean run, and we have her booked next May for the Med. The ship is a great size, and not overwhelming like the Oasis or even the Freedom Class ships.

• 4 months later...
How about carrying on bottled water and soft drinks?

While officially it is against RCI's rules many people have posted here that they have been able to take water and pop onboard either in carry on luggage or by way of putting a luggage tag on the case of beverage. Worst case scenario your out less than $10 if they don't allow it.

Archived