Taking luggage off in St. Maarten and getting back on board

Karysa

Planning on an extended stay ;) I have noticed people caring their luggage off in St Marten ,but they were staying .

Exactly. We will be flying to St. Maarten from San Juan the next day and would like to go without checked bags as our flight is at 10:30 in the morning.

I have taken luggage off board in Curacao and then got back on.

But I have written to Carnival beforehand and received a written confirmation that this is o.k.

I always like to have things in writing just in case someone asks.

So you're going to wear your bathrobes

and the shirts on your back -for the rest of the cruise, right?

I will be sure to have a change of clothes in my carry-on for the night and the next morning. Thanks for the reminder though. Another helpful post.

I have taken luggage off board in Curacao and then got back on.

But I have written to Carnival beforehand and received a written confirmation that this is o.k.

I always like to have things in writing just in case someone asks.

Thanks. Who did you e-mail or right to?

Exactly. We will be flying to St. Maarten from San Juan the next day and would like to go without checked bags as our flight is at 10:30 in the morning.

You dog!!:D I love St. Maarten.

I don't have any experience with doing this on St. Maarten, but did it in San Juan. I had a luggage mishap getting to my cruise and had to find a replacement. I took the "bad" piece of luggage off the ship and came back with a shiny new incredibly light roller bag. No one batted an eye or said anything to me. It might be different if you're toting off 3-4 bags, but this was my experience when I was in San Juan.

Have a wonderful trip!!! :)

I don't have any experience with doing this on St. Maarten, but did it in San Juan. I had a luggage mishap getting to my cruise and had to find a replacement. I took the "bad" piece of luggage off the ship and came back with a shiny new incredibly light roller bag. No one batted an eye or said anything to me. It might be different if you're toting off 3-4 bags, but this was my experience when I was in San Juan.

Have a wonderful trip!!! :)

Thanks, not sure if its different because San Juan is considered a U.S. port or not but thanks for the input.

• 4 weeks later...

What a great idea! Glad its been authorized and hope you have a wonderful trip(s)!!

Thanks everyone. Just printed off the e-mail with the authorization and instructions in case anyone on board asks for proof.

We will at least know that our luggage made it to St. Maarten for our vacation. :D

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the suggestion. It worked! Got the official ok to take our luggage off in St. Maarten and reboard later on in the day.:)

How long did she took to reply ..I'm need to take a carry on of in the Bahamas next week ..

Archived