Family Connected Junior Suites on Quantum

The 12 nighter is much money then the 8 nighter I quoted............that $14,000 price sounds right..........but wrong if you know what I mean.........dang that is alot of bucks for one cruise ! $2333.00 per person You will never see a price drop, all those cabins are sold for your cruise.

My quote for an 8 day would come out to $1668. 36 per person for 5 in the cabinFor the March 13, 2015 8 Night sailing

The trio would cost:

JS Cabin 8632.........2 persons... $3806.72

D8 Cabin 8628....2 persons........$2886.72

SI Cabin 8630.....1 person..........$1648.36

Total.................................... $8341.80

Would you mind getting a quote for an 8 day Bahamas cruise staying in a FC with 7 people?

Would you mind getting a quote for an 8 day Bahamas cruise staying in a FC with 7 people?

I have a FJS booked on the same sailing. My 3rd person was $789 +124.36 taxes and fees. So, your quote should be an additional $1828 above the rate you quoted, so approximately $10170.

The trio would cost: March 13, 2015

JS Cabin 8632.........3 persons... $4720.08

D8 Cabin 8628....2 persons........$2886.72

SI Cabin 8630.....2 person..........$2537.72

Total.................................... $10144.52

The trio would cost: March 13, 2015

JS Cabin 8632.........3 persons... $4720.08 276 square ft

D8 Cabin 8628....2 persons........$2886.72 198 square ft

SI Cabin 8630.....2 person..........$2537.72 101 square ft

Total.................................... $10141.80

It would be less money if you just bought (two) Family Junior Suite's instead....

FJS Cabin 9612 4 persons...... $5433.44 301 square ft

FJS Cabin 9610 3 Persons ...$4520.08 301 square ft

Total................................................$9953.52

Plus getting the 2 family junior suites would give you more total square footage........

602 total square foot for the 2 cabins

575 total square foot for the trio(3) sets of cabins

The 8 day on Dec 12th, looks like the cheapest price of any cruise on this ship. Balconies show as starting at $1049 pp.

In fact this 8 day the prices look cheaper than the 7 days prices.

And if there is diamonds in December you could even get more bang for your buck. JSs were booked up though, so you would have to choose another category.

Like Jimbo said, there won't be any price drops as there are very few of these cabin setups. And what they will do if they don't sell is break up the cabins and sell them separately.

They want you to pay top dollar for the ability to have connecting doors between your rooms. That might be necessary if travelling with small children or elderly adults who need supervision, otherwise I think it's a lot to pay for connecting doors.

I was told by the loyalty ambassador that there are no concierge privileges with this booking, so I think it is more worthwhile to book a full suite of any kind rather than this room grouping.

Thanks all for the input...Soooo, the only way I could save a bit of money would be to hope for two FJS to open which would accommodate the 6 (and maybe, 7) of us. We could never do a full suite with everyone in one space...I'd die!! Yes, we will have two small kids and one teenager. I thought the setup of the FamConnecting JS would suit everyone's needs. We are lowly platinum and never sail in full suites (only JS) so concerige perks (or lack of) is of no interest to us. I do enjoy the JS for the double C/A points however, plus the added space to the cabin. I think I'll keep what I have (looks like it could be a winner) and just hope for a massive windfall of cash between now and 4/2015!:)

A couple of you are quoting prices for family connecting suites with differing pp prices. When I was on Ex recently, the LA specifically told me that ALL PERSONS in the family connecting JS pay the same price. So $1664pp whether or not you are in the JS, D, or Studio.

Is this correct?

I got my invoices and everyone was charged $1664 pp, for 5 people (plus taxes and fees so a bit higher). I had booked 2 in JS, 2 in D, 1 in studio.

This is why I changed over to RFS. The FCJS came out to about $8500 for 5 people. The RFS for the same date was ~$9500, plus concierge service.

A couple of you are quoting prices for family connecting suites with differing pp prices. When I was on Ex recently, the LA specifically told me that ALL PERSONS in the family connecting JS pay the same price. So $1664pp whether or not you are in the JS, D, or Studio.

Is this correct?

I got my invoices and everyone was charged $1664 pp, for 5 people (plus taxes and fees so a bit higher). I had booked 2 in JS, 2 in D, 1 in studio.

This is why I changed over to RFS. The FCJS came out to about $8500 for 5 people. The RFS for the same date was ~$9500, plus concierge service.

I think they were just adding up all the cabins and giving you the average dividing the total by 5 and giving you that $1664 price. Did you get 1 invoice or 3?

What sailing are you talking about?

I think they were just adding up all the cabins and giving you the average dividing the total by 5 and giving you that $1664 price. Did you get 1 invoice or 3?

What sailing are you talking about?

It was for the Jan 3 sailing. I got 3 invoices, and each person was charged $1664 plus tax, even the single person in the studio.

Initially I questioned it and she said 'no, everyone is charged the same price, no matter what room they are in'. Then I got the invoices so I figured she was right.

On that sailing, JS alone were running about that price so I even considered paying for 2 JS separately because it was even cheaper than the FC because the 3rd would be priced lower in the second JS cabin.

I went in to talk to LA and didn't know much about the cabins so I depended on her to suggest accommodations for 5 and she picked FCJS, but after thinking about it I decided it wasn't really a good deal for me.

Jimbo - We tried it that way and it did not work. To put it correctly it seemed to work but then RC cancelled that reservation. Why? Because they wanted to charge the same average price for the first 5 guest, $1802 PP for the March 8 day sailing. I posted similar comment earlier somewhere here on CC. Our TA was on he phone forever with RC trying o get his resolved. It was/is crazy to allow one to book it online and turn around and tell them the system should not allow it.

I think there are still glitches when booking this category (FCJS). They want the same price pp if you book as a connected suite.

FJS (family junior suite) and FCJS (family connected junior suite) are priced differently.

It was for the Jan 3 sailing. I got 3 invoices, and each person was charged $1664 plus tax, even the single person in the studio.

Initially I questioned it and she said 'no, everyone is charged the same price, no matter what room they are in'. Then I got the invoices so I figured she was right.

On that sailing, JS alone were running about that price so I even considered paying for 2 JS separately because it was even cheaper than the FC because the 3rd would be priced lower in the second JS cabin.

I went in to talk to LA and didn't know much about the cabins so I depended on her to suggest accommodations for 5 and she picked FCJS, but after thinking about it I decided it wasn't really a good deal for me.

I think you were ripped off, there is no way I would pay $1664 per person for that D or Studio Inside cabin on that sailing.

I would cancel and rebook other cabins.

I would call in and cancel all 3 reservations............then as soon as it is canceled, be ready online to grab the JS you had, book that cabin first for 2 people...................Then book whatever D Category Cabin that is for 2 people.............then go online again and book the studio inside for 1 person......You should end up paying alot less.

$3328 for the JS.............$2628 for the D and $1504 for the Studio Inside..... Total $7460

Marci....I have another idea for you.

Book Family Junior Suite Cabin #9610 (3 persons) $4718.69

Book Category D7 #9606 (2 persons) $2628.46

Even though the cabins do not connect, the cabins are side by side and you could use the balcony to go from cabin to cabin.

Total $7347.15

Marci....I have another idea for you.

Book Family Junior Suite Cabin #9610 (3 persons) $4718.69

Book Category D7 #9606 (2 persons) $2628.46

Even though the cabins do not connect, the cabins are side by side and you could use the balcony to go from cabin to cabin.

Total $7347.15

That is a good idea, but I already booked a RFS instead. I don't think the FC JS is worth it at the prices they are charging!

That is a good idea, but I already booked a RFS instead. I don't think the FC JS is worth it at the prices they are charging!

I do like the layout of the FC JS but as some here, I did not feel like the SI which is 110sft is worth $1600 plus before taxes for one person.

Just got off the phone w rccl asking same question for sil: Wanted on board Quantum 4/12, but all suites are taken except Grand loft: $16000 hello! and the RFS and FCJS or whatever they are called that you have to call in for.

They don't know about how the pricing will wind up; for now as you all said it's around 2,500 pp with no discount for 3, 4th etc.. All five have to pay full fare: comes out to as much as RFS.

I did ask if FCJS grouping was booked and deposited (would be a $2250 deposit, or $450 x 5), and others in party dropped out, what would happen? First rep said they would make you move. Asked if it was sold out, what then? She admitted that they really do not know since this type of cabin is unprecedented. If it was a RFS, you would have to pay, but because this grouping can actually be broken up into three different rooms, no telling what result would be 2 years from now.

It would be a risk, but you could book the fcjs now, and see what happens. Worst case they move you into a balcony, but my guess is that they would let you stay in JS and just pay for it. ?:rolleyes:

I think there are still glitches when booking this category (FCJS). They want the same price pp if you book as a connected suite.

FJS (family junior suite) and FCJS (family connected junior suite) are priced differently.

Yes that is correct. We booked the FJS and a D7 right next door for a lot less than they wanted for the FCJS.

Archived