cc editor agrees ccl's problem is its pr

H82seaUgo

:cool:Ok so Cahill has nothing to do with what has been going on???:rolleyes: Everybody blames him!! Not Mickey or Bob!!

Cahill answers to Arison. Ultimately Arison is responsible to the shareholders of Carnival.

Cahill answers to Arison. Ultimately Arison is responsible to the shareholders of Carnival.

:cool: Well now all these problems are Mickeys!!:p Seems now Gerry is of the hook then!!!:rolleyes: Make sure whenever somebody posts about all the problems on Carnival they are his OK??:rolleyes: Uncle Bob is no where in site!!:rolleyes: I am I am a shareholder also!!

RCI's response to the Grandeur fire was exactly how it should be

Funny how silent they have been since that initial 24 hour flurry. They also got the media to shut up about it even though it was infinitely worse (related to potential deadly tragedy) than anything that has happened on a Carnival ship.

Those that were on the ship reported an explosion, cabins that were ruined, over 2 hours to put it out, eyewitnesses of flames 3 decks high, etc.

Heck, they haven't even mentioned word one on the cause yet.

But they were great early on tweeting that it was nothing significant.

Sent using my Commodore 64

:cool: Everybody says it was better with Uncle Bob in charge???:confused: Is he not still in charge???:cool: About that last quote from CSB!!!:rolleyes: Whatever!!!:o

The only difference is Uncle Bob has a personality. He was and is an even bigger penny pincher. He knew to leave at the top of his game and before economic times went south.

Funny how silent they have been since that initial 24 hour flurry. They also got the media to shut up about it even though it was infinitely worse (related to potential deadly tragedy) than anything that has happened on a Carnival ship.

Those that were on the ship reported am explosion, cabins that were ruined, over 2 hours to put it out, eyewitnesses of flames 3 decks high, etc.

:cool:Yep and all onboard were at the muster stations for 4 hours!!:o Good thing it happened just off Freeport!!:rolleyes:

Not entirely correct.

I think Uncle Micky has about 30% and his sister should have (or had) about the same. Who does he answer to?

If the stock price goes down they lose a hell of a lot more than some wannabe elitist.

I would never tell anyone NOT to sail Carnival.

However, I would also no longer actively recommend them as I used to. I haven't been on the CCL recommending bandwagon for close to 2 years now. I just can no longer stand behind the product.

PR is only one of the problems.

The reason I don't recommend Carnival to anyone who wants a good vacation has nothing to do with its PR. It has to do with the product being not good enough. However if someone is looking for a cheap getaway, I would still give out Carnival as one of the options.

I agree with both of you. I don't think PR is the problem. It's the product that is the problem.

Cruise Critic is heavily sponsored by RCL and all its lines.. Anything that comes from her mouth about carnival is immediately dismissed by me. The management of a site such as this shouldn't be taking payments from any cruise line. You can't critique something if you are biased to one company...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with both of you. I don't think PR is the problem. It's the product that is the problem.

If there is such a difference in product, then how come some people who have sailed other lines, rcl for example, like Carnival better? How come some will say Carnival food is better? Or the service? Or the itineraries? Or the staff? Or the fun? How come so many say they are more alike than different? And these are people who sail multiple lines. If the Carnival product was truly worse, you wouldn't see anyone saying that.

I see it slightly differently than you do. Kind of the opposite. :p

You see the product as the problem because the quality is slipping from your point of view (and mine). But that is not a problem for Carnival, because that's the way Carnival intends to position this brand.

On the other hand, the PR blunders are not what Carnival wanted to see at all therefore presents a problem to them. But I agree with you; it doesn't affect us crusiers except lower prices. ;)

Cruise Critic is heavily sponsored by RCL and all its lines.. Anything that comes from her mouth about carnival is immediately dismissed by me. The management of a site such as this shouldn't be taking payments from any cruise line. You can't critique something if you are biased to one company...

that doesnt jive with the chain of companies who used to be one company at all that I've seen. I have seen you say this but it makes no sense.

Some other TA companies and also Trip Advisor were part of this company and wasnt Trip Advisor spun off into a separate company.

Do you have a link to prove what you say? I can google and come up with Trip Advisor links .. but not what you keep posting. Could you please back up this statement I keep seeing you repeat?

Not everyone has to like Carnival. We do, that's why we are here.

I'm going to need a link on what you just wrote!:mad:

After our last experience on Breeze, we no longer promote Carnival ships. We do continue to promote her sister products, Princess and Holland-America, as they fit into our luxury cruise model that we have shifted our business towards. If a client asks us about Carnival, we attempt to flip them to another product; if they are adamant about sailing on one of Carnival's ships, they have to sign off on their Cruise Ticket Contract, as well as agree to Travel Insurance. It's the only way we'll sell their ships.

Those that were on the ship reported an explosion, cabins that were ruined, over 2 hours to put it out, eyewitnesses of flames 3 decks high, etc.

The conspiracy theorists are alive and well on Cruise Critic. Just how did they get the media to shut up? Can you post a link to any tweet that said the fire wasn't significant? No? You and your fellow conspiracy theorists comments have no substance but the entertainment value is priceless. Keep up the good work. :D

it seems some think the ccl story goes on and on and want it to stop, and the rccl story stopped and want it to go on and on.

yet both were part of the story on the perennial favorite, cnn, 2 nights ago on gloria vanderbilt son's show.

If there is such a difference in product, then how come some people who have sailed other lines, rcl for example, like Carnival better? How come some will say Carnival food is better? Or the service? Or the itineraries? Or the staff? Or the fun? How come so many say they are more alike than different? And these are people who sail multiple lines. If the Carnival product was truly worse, you wouldn't see anyone saying that.

maybe at one time, but now there always seems to be the addendum, "its ok for the price you pay. the 2.0 downgrades is getting more people to eat burgers, make pricey bars seem de rigueu, obtrusively in the pool area, offering an annoying brunch, and don't start me on the bands and shows.

Does Carnival advertise on CC these days? :confused:

The conspiracy theorists are alive and well on Cruise Critic. Just how did they get the media to shut up? Can you post a link to any tweet that said the fire wasn't significant? No? You and your fellow conspiracy theorists comments have no substance but the entertainment value is priceless. Keep up the good work. :D

Everything posted is fact. But you choose to attack the poster.

it seems some think the ccl story goes on and on and want it to stop, and the rccl story stopped and want it to go on and on.

yet both were part of the story on the perennial favorite, cnn, 2 nights ago on gloria vanderbilt son's show.

maybe at one time, but now there always seems to be the addendum, "its ok for the price you pay. the 2.0 downgrades is getting more people to eat burgers, make pricey bars seem de rigueu, obtrusively in the pool area, offering an annoying brunch, and don't start me on the bands and shows.

No not at one time. Even now.

I actually KNOW someone who was on that ship. They had an aft cabin so they were definitely right in the midst of all of it. Not one negative word was uttered about the entire incident.

They got the media to shut up??

What Kool-aid do you people drink, seriously????

I actually KNOW someone who was on that ship. They had an aft cabin so they were definitely right in the midst of all of it. Not one negative word was uttered about the entire incident.

They got the media to shut up??

What Kool-aid do you people drink, seriously????

And there are other people who were also there and had aft cabins or went back there who described what I posted either in posts on the rcl board or interviews on nbc and cnn. An explosion was heard. Cabins burned or ruined from water damage. A lounge burned. Flames 3 decks high that lit up the water and sky. At least 2 hours to out out. 4 hours at the lifeboats. All described by people who were there.

As to shutting up the media, no it has nothing to do with a conspiracy. I said their PR folks did a great job. Meaning they managed the message. The way they handled it caused the media to go away. But go ahead and think the post meant they paid someone off.

Really? I wouldn't tell someone not to cruise with Carnival. If someone asks me about Carnival I will tell them my personal experience with them and it is very positive. If they ask if I am afraid to sail with them I tell them no, I just booked with them again on the Breeze. If I had any negative experiences to relate, I would, but so far, nope, we loved the Magic and we're looking forward to the Breeze.

good for you that you only have had positive experiences....

I stick by my statement:cool:

What Kool-aid do you people drink, seriously????[/quote]

Brilliant!

Your question needed to be repeated and emphasized!.

It's so brilliant it was made in regards to facts.

Archived