First GS booked SOOOOO excited

Back in around 2005 we got a really good late deal on Legend which finally tempted DH to try a cruise for the first time, we were both hooked and have now gone from balcony to JS to finally next year a GS for Norway on Indy (our favourite ship so far) We are D so have experienced the DL last year and thought it was wonderful, now looking forward to comparing the CL. Was surprised that all the GS on Indy are right at the front, just hope the sea is kind to us, we have always been midship before. Hopefully we have avoided the suite under the whirlpool and the solarium (we have 1248) Can't wait, but at least we have this August Spanish med (also on Indy) to fill in the gap a bit (got a JS on that one)

Back in around 2005 we got a really good late deal on Legend which finally tempted DH to try a cruise for the first time, we were both hooked and have now gone from balcony to JS to finally next year a GS for Norway on Indy (our favourite ship so far) We are D so have experienced the DL last year and thought it was wonderful, now looking forward to comparing the CL. Was surprised that all the GS on Indy are right at the front, just hope the sea is kind to us, we have always been midship before. Hopefully we have avoided the suite under the whirlpool and the solarium (we have 1248) Can't wait, but at least we have this August Spanish med (also on Indy) to fill in the gap a bit (got a JS on that one)

I've gotten spoiled myself. Normally we book Junior Suites, but I have gotten hooked on the Grand Suites. Love the size of the cabin and the Concierge Lounge.

You will be spoiled! FYI, you will find that the Diamond Lounge is much nicer on Indy than the small, interior Concierge Lounge. The amenities are identical.

The Concierge Lounge on the Quantum looks to be a nice size. According to the deck plans it is going to take up the whole aft section of the ship.

I've gotten spoiled myself. Normally we book Junior Suites, but I have gotten hooked on the Grand Suites. Love the size of the cabin and the Concierge Lounge.

We usually do a JS as well. First time I was able to snag a good deal on a GS I grabbed it. DH went to unpack and whined "where's the walkin closet?" Men. He got over it when he started enjoying the amenities and is fine with them now. You'll have a great cruise.

We usually do a JS as well. First time I was able to snag a good deal on a GS I grabbed it. DH went to unpack and whined "where's the walkin closet?" Men. He got over it when he started enjoying the amenities and is fine with them now. You'll have a great cruise.

Now you can tell him that the Quantum has a walk in closet with a second entrance into the bathroom from the closet.....lol.

Now you can tell him that the Quantum has a walk in closet with a second entrance into the bathroom from the closet.....lol.

Awsome. Couple that with sailing from Bayonne and we're set.

In the cabin you will find a book with all the perks listed, the Concierge will be helpful and supply DVD and games etc. He will book trips and priority shuttles. also the areas, that Suite guests can eat, see shows, sun bathe etc. Enjoy j

You are going to enjoy your GS. We usually book a JS which is plenty spacious for the two of us, but have had the privilege of staying in a GS and an OS. For our Greece/Turkey cruise coming up in a few months we've got another GS booked (we're celebrating our 35th anniversary so wanted to splurge), but then it's back to a JS for our 2014 cruise. Took a little convincing on my part to get my husband to agree to it -- he's kind of gotten used to those larger cabins with all the perks!

You will love the GS. Take advantage of all the perks ! Our favorite is ordering breakfast off the full menu from room service, and enjoying it on our balcony! Or having breakfast at portifinos and enjoying the peace and quiet compared with windjammer ! Take full advantage of the concierge, they really take good care of you !

Massive congratulations!

We had our first GS booked on Freedom last year, but because of a scheduling problem, we had to move the reservation to Oasis -- and I couldn't afford a suite there!!

One day...

Enjoy!

Enjoy your GS. They are great cabins.

My favorite GS are on board the Vision and Radiance class as they have a wall of floor to ceiling windows.

This is our GS on the Legend OTS.

2013-05-28093150_zps66239935.jpg"]2013-05-28093150_zps66239935.jpg[/url]

2013-05-28092744_zps03482687.jpg"]2013-05-28092744_zps03482687.jpg[/url]

2013-05-28092718_zps8d4ef4b3.jpg"]2013-05-28092718_zps8d4ef4b3.jpg[/url]

You're gonna love it! We were in a GS on the Oasis. From what can tell, they're a little smaller on the Oasis, but still a great room!

Also booked in one on LOS this September.

Can you please post a pic of your Oasis GS? That's what we have next month, our first on a big ship, we've previously done Monarch and Sovereign.

To the OP...enjoy! And do take advantage of your perks! We too especially love the full breakfast menu, my family says the breakfast potatoes are the best onboard, lol.

Once you have a GS it is hard to go back....our last 8-9 cruises have been in a GS....

This upcoming cruise, we started out with a JS..but could not contain ourselves and up'd it to the GS....

We love everything about it, all the perks, and we hardly use the CL!

Barefoot beach, here we come (again)

We have done a GS on both the Radiance and the Allire. I don't know their exact dimensions, but the GS on the Radiance definately felt a bit bigger, bathroom definately was bigger as was the deck (but both were plenty big!)

I really missed the lounger on the Allure's balcony. On the Allure, you have a chair with an ottoman, comfortable, but not for napping. Though we were so busy on the Allure we never did nap!

On the Allure, there seem to be more "perks" with being in a suite, made to order breakfast and lunch, large, beautiful cl, and we liked the sundeck reserved for suites...I found plenty of shady spots there as I can't be in the sun for very long.

No matter the ship, you will not be disappointed and will enjoy the extra room and perks. We love, love, love the GS and are addicted!

We have sailed jr., grand and owner suites. The grand is our favorite. Our last sailing the highest suite available at the time of booking was a jr. After OS & GS the jr. was kind of a disappointment. You will love the GS.

Can you please post a pic of your Oasis GS? That's what we have next month, our first on a big ship, we've previously done Monarch and Sovereign.

To the OP...enjoy! And do take advantage of your perks! We too especially love the full breakfast menu, my family says the breakfast potatoes are the best onboard, lol.

I will have to see if I have one. It was my BCC days when I went on the oasis.

Archived