Cabin Question

Cruisin D

We are a family of 4 and looking at booking a quad cabin on deck 8 on the Silhouette we have been told by our TA that that the sofa is converted into a double bed and then during the day the cabin steward make it back into a sofa.

Can anyone let me know if they have had a cabin such as this and that the cabin steward did infact return the sofabed to a sofa during the day to save space?

Cheers

We are also a family of four in a quad cabin on Solstice. Our room 9278 is said to have both the pull down berth as well as sofa. Check the deck plan of Silhouette on the celebrity website. there are icons on the rooms - the little square indicates a sofa and the little triangle a pulldown berth. Depending on your room, you may have one or both. Also check out Sandi's s-class spreadsheet and deckplangenius to confirm.

Either way, the room steward will make up the bed in the evening and put it away in the morning. Wish they would come home with me.

Sent from my iPhone

- Alyssa

Just curious, but why wouldn't you just book two adjoining cabins? You are likely paying full price for all four people. If you book two cabins, even if you still end up with all four in one (if you are travelling with two small children) you will have the benefit of the extra storage space and two bathrooms....all for the same cost....

The steward will make the sofa into a bed in the evening and turn it back in it a sofa in the morning. We did this a couple of times with our children. It worked out fine.

It is quite a bit cheaper to have four in a room rather than get two adjoining rooms. Third and fourth person fares are much less in the same cabin. However if you happen to get lucky and find a great price you may want the convenience of two rooms.

Good luck!

The steward will make the sofa into a bed in the evening and turn it back in it a sofa in the morning. We did this a couple of times with our children. It worked out fine.

It is quite a bit cheaper to have four in a room rather than get two adjoining rooms. Third and fourth person fares are much less in the same cabin. However if you happen to get lucky and find a great price you may want the convenience of two rooms.

Good luck!

Oh really? That wasn't my understanding in most cases. A friend of mine booked a cruise with his two very young children and paid 4 x the regular fare. There was zero discount for room sharing and zero discount for the fact that his kids were 6 mos and two years old.....guess it must depend on the cruiseline.

Oh really? That wasn't my understanding in most cases. A friend of mine booked a cruise with his two very young children and paid 4 x the regular fare. There was zero discount for room sharing and zero discount for the fact that his kids were 6 mos and two years old.....guess it must depend on the cruiseline.

The first two passengers pay full fare in a cabin, the 3rd and 4th pay a rate substantially less. Go to Celebrity's webpage and do a dummy booking and you will see the difference. Every cruise line I have sailed on have the same pricing.

What ages are your children? Those sofa beds are not always huge and are definitely not always that comfortable. If your children are at least five or so you might be better off with a fold down berth and the sofa bed or two fold down berths. The ship offers many different cabin arrangements.

Your cabin steward will definitely take care of making the beds/berths.

Two cabins are always preferable for 4 but your pricing from Australia may, and probably is, different that what we experience here in the States.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for all your fabulous input, this ship is already quite full so we are just luck to have found this cabin for both cruises (b2b).

We will be fine in this style of cabin as long as the steward packs up the sofa bed each morning.

My children are 6 & 11so they will not mind a sofa bed to share.

Booking side by side rooms (if they where available) would not work out really, and like some of you have said the pricing from Australia is VERY different from what you may get in the US, that is just a minor speed hump though!!!!

Thanks again you have all been very helpful.

Cheers

The first two passengers pay full fare in a cabin, the 3rd and 4th pay a rate substantially less. Go to Celebrity's webpage and do a dummy booking and you will see the difference. Every cruise line I have sailed on have the same pricing.

I did and you are certainly correct! At least for Celebrity! As I mentioned, my friend was paying full fare for his two kids, despite being all in one cabin and the kids were very young. Being an empty nester, we don't pay so much attention to this.

Thanks for the correction.

Since the mattress comes out of the drawer below the couch and is placed on top, the setup is no larger when made into a bed than it is as a sofa. It is not a foldout sofa, it is a single with upper bunk in the ceiling above. Your children will not be sharing it. EM

A helpful tip is if it is possible is to sometimes use the shower rooms for the gym. They have all of the supplies needed and can ease the back up in your cabin when in a hurry. Many times I will use it by going there wearing the robe, a swim suit, and flip flops while my wife dominates the lavatory.

A helpful tip is if it is possible is to sometimes use the shower rooms for the gym. They have all of the supplies needed and can ease the back up in your cabin when in a hurry. Many times I will use it by going there wearing the robe, a swim suit, and flip flops while my wife dominates the lavatory.

Hmmm. I second the use of the extra showers; but I read specifically on board (not on CC) that they ask that you not wear the bathrobes outside of the cabins. I know a lot of people do, I see them at the pool and :eek: in the buffet, but I think it's a bit odd.

If you were at home, would you wear your bathrobe to Hometown Buffet or to the municipal swimming pool??

Hmmm. I second the use of the extra showers; but I read specifically on board (not on CC) that they ask that you not wear the bathrobes outside of the cabins. I know a lot of people do, I see them at the pool and :eek: in the buffet, but I think it's a bit odd.

If you were at home, would you wear your bathrobe to Hometown Buffet or to the municipal swimming pool??

When we are in AQ we always wear the robe to the spa area with our bathing suit. We are not walking thru main public areas only the cabin hallways. I guess the alternative is wear your bathing suit with another type of cover up. Don't see the diference. If your are going to the pool area or to the spa or gym. I don't known of anyone that goes to the pool and then changes there, but there are changing areas. The reason I suggest wearing a bathing suit is to keep from having to carry a lot of clothes.

I have seen passengers in the buffet wearing their robe getting coffee. I know that doesn't make it right but some don't care, was at a late night comedy show in the Celebrity Central show room and a female sitting in the front row was wearing a robe.

Archived