Funny Summit Review

doggfan7

Boy, I'm glad I booked on the Summit.

I'm amazed CC even let that review get published. :rolleyes:

I love swimming laps, don't play bingo, like penny slots and booked a balcony even though they are the same as ocean view:cool:. Happy to eat the free food at the MDR. Oh, and I got the 123 promo for both of us so I won't have to worry about cheating on the drinks package.:D

On my November Summit cruise, I don't think I ever remember an announcement in my room unless the TV was tuned into a channel to get it. Maybe I was up and out when the announce came, if there was one.

Also, wonder why they wouldn't let him have two drinks at one time, if he paying for the drinks? Maybe he had a drink package? I guess I would have just drank one and then go up and get another or if at the pool, tell the attendant that I will be finished with the drink in two minutes and by the time they get back with the new one, I'll be done with this one. Or maybe the bartenders were doing him a favor and didn't want him drunk in front of his Mormon parents.

Hey, at least he liked the food in the MDR and his embarkation and disembarkation was very good. So his cruise started out on a good note and ended on a good note. Just think what his review would have been like, if these would have not gone to his liking.

I wish you could "turn on" announcements in your room. I like to hear the captains daily announcement, but if I'm in room, by the time I get tv to correct channel or get to the door to prop it open, I miss some of it. I have never heard an announcement in the room except for life boat drill.

The reviewer claimed that the service is slow for the beverage package and it takes an hour to get another drink. Then suggested to only buy one package and pour that drink into another container for someone not on the package and then order another drink. At that rate you will only be able to drink one every two hours. No wonder the service seemed slow. They were sharing a drink package.

Always seemed strange that out of 2100 passengers there is always one that just happens to get the worst waiter, service, food, and cabin. :confused:

Plus they always seem to see the worst entaintaiment. I guess they need to get to the show rooms earlier to get a seat and not have to settle for the all the stuff that we all miss or skip. :D :rolleyes:

I was browsing through the Summit reviews in anticipation of my upcoming cruise on her and found this to be one of the more outrageous ones I have read.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221365

Do you guys have any others that are equally "eye-rolly" as I say?

I wanted to complain to the mods and ask for them to remove it because it tells people to order on drink package and then steal drinks.

Also, it is a Southern caribbean review and the Summit has not been in the Southern Caribbean since April and its now June....... but what do I know...I'm just one of thse 75 year olds that love the Summit.....weird because my birth certificate seems to say I'm 40!!!!!

Well the OP appears to have been siling in the Southern Caribbean.....he is complaining about tours in St. Kitts when the Summit has been doing Bermuda runs for 7 weeks.......

Now Now...the OP wasn't doing any of that! :p It's a don't shoot the messenger situation. :)

His review amused me. He does have valid points at times. I will say though that Extreme Dominica Canyoning is awesome. So he probably did cruise and likely falls into the nothing will satisfy him cruiser group. And announcements can be set to play in cabins. They need to in case of emergency. I remember we had announcements in my room on one of my first carnival cruises. The capability is there it is just disabled most of the time.

And announcements can be set to play in cabins. They need to in case of emergency. I remember we had announcements in my room on one of my first carnival cruises. The capability is there it is just disabled most of the time.

This wasn't a Carnival cruise. All Celebrity ships will make a single announcement each day, typically around noon. It is not heard inside the staterooms unless your TV is turned on to the correct channel, or you open your door to hear the announcement through the hallway speakers. These announcements were almost always about the ship's position, speed, and time to next port, and some info about the port itself. Never promoting the next bingo game, the schedule for the next hairy chest contest, or to sell merchandise.

The reviewer has fabricated his claim of 8:00 am announcements every day. Plus, the speakers are in the ceiling, not the walls, so he would have had to work harder than I think he would want to "rip" the speakers out.

However, in an emergency situation, the announcement will be broadcast into every room, hallway, and public space. :rolleyes:

This wasn't a Carnival cruise....

However, in an emergency situation, the announcement will be broadcast into every room, hallway, and public space.

It doesn't really matter if it wasn't a carnival cruise. The capability to play announcements in every room in case of emergency is likely present on most cruise ships regardless of the cruise line. The point was that it is possible (although unlikely) that the complaint could have been legit

Note that he claims he was sailing the Caribbean in May; the Summit was sailing Bermuda out of NJ all month.

LOL right?? I was like, um, hmm, interesting...last time I checked St Kitts isn't near Bermuda...

Maybe that was part of the problem! He was on the wrong ship!!

It doesn't really matter if it wasn't a carnival cruise. The capability to play announcements in every room in case of emergency is likely present on most cruise ships regardless of the cruise line. The point was that it is possible (although unlikely) that the complaint could have been legit

Sorry, but the complaint is so far off the believability scale that there is zero chance that it could have possibly been legit.

I was browsing through the Summit reviews in anticipation of my upcoming cruise on her and found this to be one of the more outrageous ones I have read.

The needle on my BS meter hit the end of the scale on that fictional report (I just can't bring myself to call it a "review"). ;)

Sounds like this guy would have been MUCH happier on the NCL cruise we did on college Spring Break week out of Miami. Lots of his type of "classy" people without one foot in the grave. All of them drinking beer out of funnels, defecating in the elevators, puking over the railings, having public sex. Ugh. Give me a boring cruise with 75 year olds over that ANY day.

Oh my goodness my husband and I were rolling on the floor laughing at this. I think this guy forgot which ship he was on because it sure wasn't Summit!

I actually see quite a few reviews that seem fake to me. I've seen the same with hotel reviews on Trip Advisor...sometimes I wonder what motivates people.:confused:

They are employees of the other company and want to eliminate the competition. :eek: :D

Sounds like this guy would have been MUCH happier on the NCL cruise we did on college Spring Break week out of Miami. Lots of his type of "classy" people without one foot in the grave. All of them drinking beer out of funnels, defecating in the elevators, puking over the railings, having public sex. Ugh. Give me a boring cruise with 75 year olds over that ANY day.

The reason that you won't see that on Celebrity is because the passengers are wearing Depends, don't worry about and can't make it to the railing, they are mostly on meds so they can't drink, and are too old for sex. :D

I not only have one foot in the grave but the other is sliding fast, and I try to burn the candle at both ends and in the middle. Party today like there is no tomorrow. Plus there is always the hole card of you have to excuse or ignore them because they are old. :D

The reason that you won't see that on Celebrity is because the passengers are wearing Depends, don't worry about and can't make it to the railing, they are mostly on meds so they can't drink, and are too old for sex. :D

I not only have one foot in the grave but the other is sliding fast, and I try to burn the candle at both ends and in the middle. Party today like there is no tomorrow. Plus there is always the hole card of you have to excuse or ignore them because they are old. :D

TOO OLD FOR SEX??? :eek: OMG When does that happen?? Please let me know lol!!!

TOO OLD FOR SEX??? :eek: OMG When does that happen?? Please let me know lol!!!

The doctor told his patient that if he wanted to live another 10 years that he would have to give up half of his sex life. The man looked at him and asked "What half? Thinking about it or talking about it? " :confused: :D

I don't know at what age because I haven't reached it yet.

Archived