How many ships in port?

heatherandfred

Four ships is nothing for Nassau. Be glad you won't be there July 28 - 6 ships in port and one of them is Oasis. :eek:

That's going to be an interesting trick ... the cruise port has 5 berths and while I've seen small ships put up in the "horseshoes" they need to be pretty small, there's only approx 400 feet - I've been put there more than once but under 250 feet!

portnassau_zps3d6763c3.jpg

That's going to be an interesting trick ... the cruise port has 5 berths and while I've seen small ships put up in the "horseshoes" they need to be pretty small, there's only approx 400 feet - I've been put there more than once but under 250 feet!

You're right. Looks like one of those ships leaves at 7 AM before the others arrive. So it will "only" be 5 ships, including Oasis. :) That's a lot of people! I consider myself lucky I've never been to Nassau on an Oasis day.

I've seen them put two ships back to back in the Oasis spot. I guess they could get 6 ships in, as long as one of them isn't Oasis.

ry%3D480

Is anyone aware how many ships the Nassau port is able to handle? When we go in July, looks like 4 other ships will be there. I'd hate to be re-routed or given an extra sea day.

The reason you might possibly be re-routed in July is a hurricane!

LuLu

~~~~

On 12/1/13 it looks as though there will be 6 ships in Nassau -

Oasis

NCL Sky

Majesty of the Seas

Carnival Dream

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Imagination

This is according to a website that shows what ships are in which ports on what days.

That's going to be a huge crowd.

I've seen them put two ships back to back in the Oasis spot. I guess they could get 6 ships in, as long as one of them isn't Oasis.

ry%3D480

Yes, I can see that being done at the northern most berth but the others? With the average size of even the older ships today?

Of course I've often been amazed at the mooring arrangements most cruiseships will use versus what the military typicall uses!

Maybe I'll have to check here

http://www.nassaubeach.com/general/webcam

to see how they do it . . .

And here's a free site to see who's where when

http://ports.cruisett.com/

that 6 ship load shows up several times (look at Nassau for port load days of 19,000 people!), but on these days the Carn' Imagination has been there from the day before and departs at 7AM so it appears to just be an anomoly of how the data is being reported ...

cool - found a couple of new sites

Archived