Hair Dryers on Infinity

SixOneTwo

Last time I was on Infinity, the dryer was a red-hot hose attached to the bathroom wall. Has this been improved? I'm inquiring about REGULAR staterooms (not suites, AQ or Concierge).

Yes. The bathroom dryer with the hot hose has been removed and a nightlight substituted. Nice touch. Those hairdryers were hell. You will now find the hairdryer in either a drawer or a cupboard. Unfortunately, you have to hold down a button to keep it working, but it sure beats those old wall-mounted ones in the bathroom.

Linda- Was the replacement for all cabins?

Alice

That would be my guess. Can't say for sure as I have never occupied an inside or a window cabin. But it stands to reason that if they removed the hair dryers in the bathrooms and substituted night lights they would have to replace the hair dryers with a hand-held version. Never thought to check that out on our cabin crawl.

Infinity hairdryers are poor. Bring your own.....or go natural and air dry. I made the mistake of not bringing my own hairdryer on the Infinity. It took forever to dry my short hair with their dryer. I eventually just let my hair dry naturally. It looked a bit windblown....but okay.

• 1 month later...

I'm bringing this back to the forefront since I never did get an answer and now we must decide if we take up valuable packing space toting a hair dryer.

Please let me know if the REGULAR cabins on Infinity have had the hair dryers replaced with standard hand-helds?

It doesn't matter if they've been replaced in suites, AQ or Concierge, unless you're planning to let us visit you to dry our hair? :)

I'm bringing this back to the forefront since I never did get an answer and now we must decide if we take up valuable packing space toting a hair dryer.

Please let me know if the REGULAR cabins on Infinity have had the hair dryers replaced with standard hand-helds?

It doesn't matter if they've been replaced in suites, AQ or Concierge, unless you're planning to let us visit you to dry our hair? :)

Not sure what you mean by a "regular cabin." We had a corner FOV on one of the legs of our cruise. It's not a suite, not AQ, not CC. Does that meet your definition of "regular cabin"? There was a handheld hairdryer in the desk area.

Hi Happy...I'm not sure, since your previous response said you'd never stayed in an inside or a or a window cabin. Is the FOV considered premium? I just want to be sure that the replacements were not limited to premiums rooms. Sorry if it seems like I'm beating a dead horse.

Hi Happy...I'm not sure, since your previous response said you'd never stayed in an inside or a or a window cabin. Is the FOV considered premium? I just want to be sure that the replacements were not limited to premiums rooms. Sorry if it seems like I'm beating a dead horse.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, a corner FOV is very premium. I almost liked that cabin better than the royal suite we had on the first leg of the cruise! But Celebrity doesn't consider it to be a premium cabin. Celebrity and I don't always see eye to eye. :)

I would be 99% sure that they took out all the wall mounted hairdryers on the ship and replaced them with the nightlights. Very good move, in my view. So I would be 99% sure that all cabins now have a handheld hairdryer.

I have not traveled with a hair dryer for years. Many, many years. Have never found a ship or hotel that didn't have them.

Too bad somebody with an inside or a window hasn't come by to answer your question for 100% sure.

Linda, I very much appreciate your attempts to help me, and in the process you've cleared things up for folks in many cabin types. I'm chalking this up to "Minnesota Nice." :) What neighborhood are you in?

I've stayed in an inside room and an Aqua class room. The hair dryers are the same - horrible. I have short, fine hair and it still took forever to dry my hair. They are low powered, and you have to keep your finger on the button to make it run.

Bring your own.

I don't think they're that bad. I'd rather take a few seconds longer to dry my hair with the hairdryer that comes with the room than drag a hairdryer around the world with me.

I use the hairdryer to style my hair while drying, and the ship's dryers don't have enough power to do that. I do have an 1800 watt travel hair dryer with a folding handle that is compact and lightweight enough to bring along, but I usually try the dryers on board just to see how they work.

There seem to be enough "votes" here that I think we'll take our chances that what the ship has to offer will do the trick. This question is for my HUSBAND, by the way. My hair doesn't do anything with or without a dryer, so I stopped wasting my time.

Linda, I'm south in Diamond Lake, and I work downtown where a white dog has a ring around his eye. I once saw T-shirts for sale in a local boutique with "SixOneTwo" on the front and thought, "What a great band name that would be!" Since I don't have a band, well...

There seem to be enough "votes" here that I think we'll take our chances that what the ship has to offer will do the trick. This question is for my HUSBAND, by the way. My hair doesn't do anything with or without a dryer, so I stopped wasting my time.

Linda, I'm south in Diamond Lake, and I work downtown where a white dog has a ring around his eye. I once saw T-shirts for sale in a local boutique with "SixOneTwo" on the front and thought, "What a great band name that would be!" Since I don't have a band, well...

I'm retired from working for your lawyers. Loved working in downtown Minneapolis, but am loving retirement even more!

Archived