Best Carnival Ships?

MCCRJI

So many of the ships are so totally similar that other than which ones do or do not yet have 2.0 upgrades I think all conquest class are pretty much the same. Victory is a older ship without any bells and whistles so if you were happy with it, you will like any conquest class newer ship.

I liked the newest Dream class .. I did Magic only so far but hear Breeze is awesome.

I was just looking at the Breeze! What is the typical deposit amount? I had booked the Carnival Victory under a family and friends group cruise that was a $50 deposit and then could make payments through the year. I'd like to find a set up like that again.

So many of the ships are so totally similar that other than which ones do or do not yet have 2.0 upgrades I think all conquest class are pretty much the same. Victory is a older ship without any bells and whistles so if you were happy with it, you will like any conquest class newer ship.

I liked the newest Dream class .. I did Magic only so far but hear Breeze is awesome.

My DW likes the bigger ships, I prefer the slightly smaller ships. Class/size wise, the Liberty (Conquest class) is the biggest ship we've been on so far (and so far our favorite). We're considering the Dream for our next cruise. I have mixed feelings about it. I like the amenities it has, and would no doubt wear myself out on the waterworks.:D However, I also realize that, because it's a bigger ship, with a passenger capacity of over 3600 people, it will mean longer lines for things, and require a bit more patience.

My DW likes the bigger ships, I prefer the slightly smaller ships. Class/size wise, the Liberty (Conquest class) is the biggest ship we've been on so far (and so far our favorite). We're considering the Dream for our next cruise. I have mixed feelings about it. I like the amenities it has, and would no doubt wear myself out on the waterworks.:D However, I also realize that, because it's a bigger ship, with a passenger capacity of over 3600 people, it will mean longer lines for things, and require a bit more patience.

We have been on the Dream three Times. I like it a lot. If I was new...I would book an Oceanview...right by the Main Deck Mid Level Elevators. WHY....elevators are slow sometimes. When going to dinner..and you are meeting your DH or other family..you can take one flight of steps..or go down and ..you are in the MDR. Easier to get there.

Also Anytime dining..is going to be a mess the first night. Go Early. Or late. As early as possible or as late as possible. it seems to settle down later in the week.

Fixed Dining...usually works well.

The ship is lovely. Production Shows are great. Food is good, I think. I think you will like the ship a lot.

I have been on the Spirit Class and the Fantasy Class Ships....Ship Class is the winner between them...but i am hoping the Conquest class (glory cruise in sept) will be the best:)

I was just looking at the Breeze! What is the typical deposit amount? I had booked the Carnival Victory under a family and friends group cruise that was a $50 deposit and then could make payments through the year. I'd like to find a set up like that again.

Sounds like you booked a short cruise at half deposit. Deposits are based on how many days the cruise is. For instance if you booked a 7 day on Breeze, the full deposit is $250, and $125 if you booked it on a half price sale.

Only the older ships run those short cruises if you want to match that small deposit, look at 3 day cruises. Its based on the # of days, not on the ship.

Do any of the Carnival ships have the flowrider???

No, only RCL ships have that.

Carnival's latest addition is a rope course to compete with gimmicks.

The rope course would be fun. Plus Carnival has waterworks and slides you dont find on RCL. Each line has its own fun things to do.

No, our Carnival Victory Cruise was a 7 day cruise out of Puerto Rico. Every day waking up at a different port! It was absolutely awesome!! $50 deposit and was able to make payments through the year. It worked out great that way and am looking at trying to find something along this same line.

Sounds like you booked a short cruise at half deposit. Deposits are based on how many days the cruise is. For instance if you booked a 7 day on Breeze, the full deposit is $250, and $125 if you booked it on a half price sale.

Only the older ships run those short cruises if you want to match that small deposit, look at 3 day cruises. Its based on the # of days, not on the ship.

No, only RCL ships have that.

Carnival's latest addition is a rope course to compete with gimmicks.

The rope course would be fun. Plus Carnival has waterworks and slides you dont find on RCL. Each line has its own fun things to do.

It is impossible to say which ship is "best", since that is a very personal decision, based on what you look for in a ship. Also, the ships are not necessarily cumulative, in that it is possible for a newer and larger ship to lack certain ammenities that an older or smaller one might have. Even ships within the same class can have different ammenities based on when they were last in dry dock. You best bet is to look at Carnival's website to see what facilities exist on which ships, and choose based on which ships have the facilities that are most important to you.

We've only been on the Dream. Had a cove balcony and loved it!! Wish all he ships had them planning on the Liberty next. Really want to go to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Anxious to try a different ship. Probably gonna be 2015 though.

Been on ten cruises Inspiration was my first so she well aways have my first cruise love! Valor, Glory, Freedom, Victory, all fun no complains but the ones that stand out are The Miracle loved her so much we booked her again for the next year. The Dream was fun and huge! Love Love Love The

Liberty been on her twice before and after upgrades. Karl with a K is great! We are booked on The Breeze this January can't wait! Love to cruise!

I have no clue about Royal Caribbean and water slides. I just know that the reason why my brother loves Royal Caribbean so much is because of the flowrider. lol

Carnival does not have a flow rider as others have mentioned, but if you are interested in trying one out, pick an itinerary that sails to Grand Turk. There is a flow rider at the Margarittaville there.

We've only been on the Dream. Had a cove balcony and loved it!! Wish all he ships had them planning on the Liberty next. Really want to go to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Anxious to try a different ship. Probably gonna be 2015 though.

What are cove balconies??

What are cove balconies??

Cove balconies are only on the Dream Class ships (Dream, Magic, and Breeze). They are basically balconies that are built into the hull of the ship, and are closer to the water (Deck 2). They are very popular because they provide a lot of privacy and shade. They are designated as Category 7C.

IMO:

1. Carnival Breeze

2. Carnival Liberty

2A. Carnival Magic (Haven't sailed her, but the pics lead me to think....)

3. Carnival Freedom

4. Carnival Glory

5. Carnival Legend

6. Carnival Legend

7. Carnival Destiny (She may move up once I've sailed her as Sunshine)

8. Carnival Pride

9. Carnival Miracle

10. Carnival Valor

10. Carnival Conquest

12. Carnival Triumph

13. Carnival Splendor

14-22 The rest of the fleet

Archived