Boardwalk balcony, connecting cabin? Problem?

We happily booked a boardwalk balcony cabin. Happy.

However, just recently we found out that our cabin is a connecting cabin with the next.

Is there any disadvantage in this? Will we hear any noise, or be heard? Will there be some space under utilised to make way for the connecting doors? Anything about balcony divider?

We do hope there will not be any major disadvantage. We like the cabin location, and we don't want to change unless it is really necessary.

Thank you for your advise.

We happily booked a boardwalk balcony cabin. Happy.

However, just recently we found out that our cabin is a connecting cabin with the next.

Is there any disadvantage in this? Will we hear any noise, or be heard? Will there be some space under utilised to make way for the connecting doors? Anything about balcony divider?

We do hope there will not be any major disadvantage. We like the cabin location, and we don't want to change unless it is really necessary.

Thank you for your advise.

If it is too much of a hassle looking for a different, non-connecting balcony, then make the best of the situation.

There MAY be sound from the next cabin. But you may be lucky, and have quiet neighbors.

There MAY be a chair instead of a sofa, because of the connecting door, but I am not sure.

:)

If it is too much of a hassle looking for a different, non-connecting balcony, then make the best of the situation.

There MAY be sound from the next cabin. But you may be lucky, and have quiet neighbors.

There MAY be a chair instead of a sofa, because of the connecting door, but I am not sure.

:)

Thank you. Que sera, sera! ;)

Absolutely agree with Merion_Mom.

We had a connecting cabin twice (once with friends next door and once with strangers). You CAN hear them easier and you'll most likely have a chair instead of a love seat.

If you can switch I would, but it won't ruin your cruise by any means!

I feel like when we were picking our cabin, all the rooms were connecting. This was on RCCL website. Is there a good place to find this info. We are in cabin 12329 and would like to keep it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think on RCCL website, connecting cabins are marked by double pointed arrow.

Which ship are you on?

I feel like when we were picking our cabin, all the rooms were connecting. This was on RCCL website. Is there a good place to find this info. We are in cabin 12329 and would like to keep it.

12329 is not a connecting cabin. Look for the double arrows between cabins on the deck plans.

We have had connecting Cabins on Allure and Oasis for the last 3 cruises. My sons where in the next cabin so we may have been oblivious to any noise but never noticed any real difference from a regular cabin. You'll probably hear more noise coming from Boardwalk then the cabin next to you.

We also had Love Seats in all 3 since it is not on the wall with the connecting door.

The Balcony divider is no different then the others and since you are not sailing with the people in the connecting cabin the will not open it up.

... ... You'll probably hear more noise coming from Boardwalk then the cabin next to you.

We also had Love Seats in all 3 since it is not on the wall with the connecting door.

The Balcony divider is no different then the others and since you are not sailing with the people in the connecting cabin the will not open it up.

Thank you for the assurance.

Have sailed Oasis twice - both in connecting cabins. Once in connecting Boardwalk and once in connecting Central Park cabins. Oasis and Allure connecting doors are in the front of the cabin directly across from the bathroom door so furniture is not affected (except in a grand suites/connecting combo which we learned the hard way). All of the rooms had exactly the same furniture as my sister's regular oceanview balcony cabin. Loveseat included.

I really never heard my 2 boys next door with the door closed. But they are teens and there is no late night partying going on there ;). BUT the one thing we could hear? Because the door is aligned with the bathrooms we could definitely hear their toilet woosh if we happened to be in/near the entry hallway next to the door (because they're so loud anyway)

Balcony partition is the same as all others.

Archived