Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

Aubreyc, you sure can't get down on yourself for what you could or couldn't do on a cruise!! that's the last place that you can criticize yourself for really!! There's SO much temptation there, and is so little real ability to maintain an exercise workout plan that you could at home!! Dec 4 pounds is reasonable to expect game on a cruise with all the good food there and just the pure enjoyment out of just relaxing and enjoy yourself, I'd guess 4 pounds is pretty average what the average size person the gain!!! I sure wouldn't too hard on myself over that relatively tiny amount!

You can get right back on that horse once your vacation is over and drop that like it never happened!! You did good and you should be PROUD of your self, surely not disappointed!! You're an inspiration to us here, thank you!!

Oh don't be disappointed. I agree with Lizz comments and its hard with all that food, and drinks if applicable, staring at you in the face. I would have to think its a way higher percentage that most people gain while cruising vs maintaining or losing so don't be upset

Debbie

Good for you Lizz. I know it has to be hard. I give you so much credit to be so diligent on losing your few unwanted pounds

I didn't have the best weekend. Not that I ate lots but what I did eat, totally not good for me, ie, Mexican and pizza all in same weekend. Need to give hubby a heads up that I need to stay motivated and can't have him giving me ideas on what sounds good to him when not best for me. We did walk LOTS this weekend enjoying our awesome weather.

Going to get on scale tomorrow Yikes !

Debbie

Im new to this post but I have a cruise in December and want to lose weight. Just recently found out i'm diabetic so have started to change my eating habits for that but cant seems to lose any weight. The first week i started I lost 3 pounds now I seem to be staying the same or gaining alittle each week. I exercise at work almost every day on top of lifting heavy stuff non stop at work so I can tell thats it really not weight but muscle but still really discouraging. Can't seem to find a right course of eating healthy it seems.

Welcome!!

Please do not get discouraged. It's hard but it will start to go down. I was in your spot alittle over a year ago and my pre-diabetic numbers went to numbers that the doctor wanted me to take diabetic medicine for. I did for two months and hated how I felt being on those meds so decided to change my eating ways and get moving. I didn't take all foods away and not eat what I wanted once in awhile but I kept a food and exercise diary and kept moving.

I have lost 40# and hope to drop another 25#. One thing that losing weight did for me was lower my blood sugar numbers where no meds are required and got my BMI down to below what they call morbidly obese at 30

I needed to set small goals and that helped tremendously. I got away from those goals during the summer but new ones have been set and its time to get back on the scale on a regular basis so I am accountable to myself. I am 55 so not young and was never one to exercise regularly. I am telling you if I can do it, I believe you can too with the right foods and motivation.

Keep in touch. These posts help keep you accountable to someone when you feel you are doing it all on your own

Debbie

Thanks Debbie, very encouraging words. I have been doing not bad with my eating. Just hard to stay away from potatos, rice, and ice cream those are my real crutches eating wise. I just feel like im not full after dinner if I'm just eating say a chicken breast and some veggies. I've been steering away from ice cream though and having smart ones desserts and just ice cream once a week when the family goes out to the ice cream parlor. For exersice I used to always walk the treadmill or use exercise bike and work on my upper body but since I've been dealing with the diabeties and being on my feet at work all the time its just hard to go in there and walk or ride because my legs are so sore everyday. I'm very commited to trying anything to lose weight though.

What I need to stay away from more is bread-like things. As far as ice cream, and I really only want it more in warmer months, is I put a couple tablespoons in a very very small kid bowl so it looks like alot, put a few peanuts on and it VERY slowly and the urge goes away with hardly eating much

I have a treadmill but boy I do not like to use it. Warm weather months we try to walk at least an hour a day and when it's cold, we walk the mall for the same amount of time. We typically walk at least 5 days and in winter usually every day when our schedules are not so hectic. I also don't mind the recumbent exercise bike

Lizz no weight loss for me since last week but stayed the same and am happy with that after having Mexican and homemade salsa and chips AND pizza this past weekend. I am bad and have to stop that and tell hubby no when he suggests those meals I always need to step up on drinking more water.

Debbie

Welcome "richyanks", hey Debbie!!! Well despite whining a lot about this diet I have to be on time I guess I'm blessed that I can't eat the bread things that you guys have to give up, been a couple years since I've had or anything related to anything out of grain and I honestly don't miss it!! Oh sure they cause you know up front chocolate chip cookie would be nice if its right in front of me lol , but for the most part I don't even think about it anymore... so I DO feel for both of you!! Just a tiny little things I have to give up are a pain in the butt all on their own!!!

BUT, happy to announce I have overcome my peanut butter addiction!! Its been a week now and I could care less!! The wait is still slow to come out but that's because I'm already at i prime weight and its just the last few pounds that need to go. Unfortunately because of dampness in the evenings is really affecting my back and also I'm finding my meeting walking is out of the question right now. We walked around a jazz and blues festival here in town Saturday night for just a couple hours.. and honestly Sunday morning I went to get up out of bed and my knees buckled on me!!! So my weight loss will be strictly by food..

(my knees are bad because of my spine, they're worn out from years of "squatting " on them to pick things up instead of bending...Now the joints are bone on bone.. Unfortunately replacement is only a couple years away, I'm fighting it screaming and kicking lol)

Anyway so far my weight is still between 140 140 150 pounds and I'll be one happy chappy 5 pounds between now and Christmas is nothing!!

Weather is 5 pounds or 50 is all what we are willing to put into it its our mind-set, our discipline!! we can DO IT come on you guys let's do it together!! I'm doing it because my spine needs those 5 pounds off to feel the best I can.... You guys want to look the best you can!! Its all the same, WE CAN DO IT!! :D

Btw richyank, what is your cruise in December? We're on a Christmas cruise with Celebrity Eclipse for 2 weeks!! Would be fun if you have the same one!!!

So glad to hear the pb addiction is no more. That must have been so hard when you have a limited food selection to begin with. I need to give up those processed foods like you suggested before BUT I love my multi grain English muffin with pb on it every lunch. I look forward to it. How do I give it up? I have eaten it through my 40# loss but wondering if it will hold me up to lose more as the pounds don't fall off as easy.

Sorry about the legs giving out. I commend you on how positive you stay. That is very uplifting to me when the little things can get you down and you have had such a big readjustment and stay so upbeat. Gives me the motivation to push on

Rainy day. No walking unless we take a ride to the mall.

Debbie

Ours has been on since Friday... it's brand new, installed along with new central AC in August... already having issues!!! Ugh!! It was only in the low 40s last night, and although it is set for 68 at night, it's 62 in here!!!

They WILL be coming out to fix this today, not ready to pull the winter jammies out yet!!! Lol

On a weight loss note, I'm still doing good ...no peanut butter in the house for over a week and I don't miss it now!!!! No weight lost but none gained.. happy with that. My main meal each day is pretty substantial

portion-wise, so I know when I get knock down serious about this last 5 pounds I'll just trim my portions back.... get healthier about my water intake everyday ( I'm not very disciplined at that!!) And I know it will be gone. Not going to stress over it, still in a 6 jeans so I'm good with that for now. Just would like em looser by the cruise lol!!!

Hope you're doing well and achieving or maintaining your goals!! This snap in cold weather really brought it home that our cruises are closer than ever, mine is less than 100 days now!!!!

Have a good week!!!

Glad you are surviving without the peanut butter and maintaining. I can't seem to get in the discipline mindset that I was a year ago. Then I knew NOT to eat things and that was that. Now I seem to want to cheat more or will try something and tell myself I will be better tomorrow. My tomorrow's are gonna add up to the cruise being here before I know it and that's in 151 days! Really upsets me and I know it's because my husband has slacked off but he is maintaining where I need to lose. Makes me upset, any suggestions ?

Definitely been cold but no winter pj's for me. I have to sleep with the window cracked open. Guess it's my age :(

What kind of dinners do you usually make? More fish? What about lunches ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because of my belly condition I don't eat breakfast and lunch per se I might have a banana but I get hungry late late morning and in the middle of the afternoon I might eat scrambled egg or two. I thankfully don't have a big appetite, so by dinner I'm hungry.. We eat a lot of fish and chicken, (usually grilled) always fresh vegetables cause that's all I'm allowed to eat (steamed or grilled)... Then I have a decent sized portion of plain yogurt, honey with fresh fruit for dessert. I can have as much of these foods as i , want doesn't turn to fat as it just burns off been this way for over 2 years now... I snack on nuts, aged cheeses, GF rice crackers, fruit

I seem to gain a pound or two when I eat cheese everyday!! that's not good for my heart either so I shouldn't do anyway. Lol the peanut butter wasn't good for me either...

Deb, the best motivator I think I can do for you is suggest you start thinking of your diet not in terms of how it will make you look but instead how it's going to make you feel ..

that way it will force you to eat things that are good for you and maybe look at them in a different light instead of driving them you may actually discover you enjoy them I want you put the foods that are not good for you out of your pack you may find that you don't enjoy them as much as you used to because you realize they're just not good for you.

That's sort of where I am in my life....

I know there's food no matter how much I love them if I slip up I will get very sick ..

maybe just pretend those foods will make you sick and only the good foods are good for you now... just pretend....

Worth a try? ♡

Good advice. Thank you!

Something has to give and I need to get back on track. It's bothering me bigtime but in the moment I always think tomorrow will be better. All my clothes fit pretty much the same although some shirts may tug more in the bust line which is a big indicator a few pounds went there

Our last cruise was such a huge motivation for me. Makes me wonder why it isn't this time. I know before I went from a women's plus 16 and am now down to mostly a size 10 with a few 12's and that is a huge achievement for me. I don't care about going down smaller in pants because I have pretty much lost all my butt end but it seems in dropping more , I continue to lose my bottom half and nothing up top where I am way too busty and would love to see decreased inches there instead Body shape is going to be awkward looking if it doesn't show up top. I don't know grasping for straws on what's wrong with me and my thinking.

Extremely frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums